Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 AM

395 posts, read 707,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Have you ever been in the middle of being "intimate" with your SO when all of a sudden, you hear an unannounced knock at the door? How did you handle the situation? Did you just wait until they left? Or did you stop, dress, and go answer the door?

The thread is inspired by a little situation I found myself in today. I never go anywhere unannounced but today I did because a couple I'm freinds with were out of town and I went to go check things out at the house to make sure everything was ok. When I got there I seen that they had returned but I was already in the driveway and figured I was obligated to say hello.

When I got to the door the tv and lights were on and the dogs were at the door barking at me. It had all the signs that someone was home except I knocked and nobody answered. I stood for awhile and knocked again but still no answer. I then stepped down into the driveway and sent a text to one of them from whom I didn't get a reply.

I thought ok then, thats cool, I'm outa here. So I backed out of the drive and began driving down the road when she stepped out of the front door and called my name. I stopped and said "where were ya"? She said she was in the bathroom and proceeded to my car to talk for a moment. Then her husband came out and spoke as well. If she was in the bathroom then where was he? Hmmmm.....

So do you guys think I'm right? Have you ever been in either my situation or theirs and how did you handle it?

at the beginnning and end, I'll answer the door...once things get going or the deed has started, they will have to wait 45-75 mins till i answer the door .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 01:28 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
What knock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I'd ignore it and keep going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Unless important ignore. Or if it's Mormons both of you could greet him in your birthday suits and give him a seizure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
There is no situation to me, nothing is more important than what I am involved in at that moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Ignore it, everytime, no brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
There's no denying it can be a moment killer, but I ain't getting up !!

I don't answer the door to unannounced callers anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Just ignore it. If it's truly that important, they'll likely follow up with phone call and continue to call until you answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I hear no stinking door!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Ignore them unless they were "expected"
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ignore and move on
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
at the beginnning and end, I'll answer the door...once things get going or the deed has started, they will have to wait 45-75 mins till i answer the door .
^^^^ I agree with all of you guys!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
If you are in Australia, you get up because you KNOW your mates aren't gonna leave, plus they brought beer. So you answer the door half dressed and they all laugh like hell because they know exactly what you were doing because of that HAIR, you have a beer and a barbie and they all stay till late because they know they interrupted you and think it's funny to keep you from finishing the job.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Luckily, my bedroom window looks down on the front porch so I can see who is knocking, and I ignore them until they go away. I also ignore them when I am not being intimate. It's usually a charity/sales/religious solicitor, so I don't care. My friends/relatives know I don't like impromptu visits, so they call first.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 AM

Nup, over here if your car is in the driveway they are gonna keep yelling and banging, in case you've fallen over and need rescuing. And then a beer.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Sounds like I need to move to Australia! They are welcome to hang out in the yard until we are done - which can take a while - just turn up the music so ya don't have to listen to my screams!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
if your knocking on my door, when im knocking the boots, I ain't answering

Old 03-27-2012, 02:36 PM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
nope, and i've had folks call 2-3 times while standing outside. i usually answer the phone and tell them that unless they have a camera AND a high paying contract then come back later.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Sounds like I need to move to Australia! They are welcome to hang out in the yard until we are done - which can take a while - just turn up the music so ya don't have to listen to my screams!
My (new) bf said something about soundproofing his house the other day. I didn't know whether to be flattered or embarrassed so I went with flattered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships