Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
What man hasn't met a woman who says she values honesty,fairness,fidelity,good humor,etc. but just lacks those qualities herself. I never get or understand these women..are they just that clueless?
Funny, I could say the same thing about men.
I love the smell of another woman bashing thread after a long day at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
True, but I think women ask for more "on paper" than guys ask for, examples being:

Women with only a high school diploma or associates degree demanding a guy with 4-year college degree and above.

Women on the short side (5'3" and below) demanding a guy be 6'0" and above.

Women who make $50k demanding a guy who makes at least $75k.

Women who live at home with their parents demanding a guy who has his own place.

These are all very believable scenarios, ones that I can't see being very believable if we switched the genders. Can you really picture a guy with an associates degree claiming to only date women with a bachelor's and above?
I have seen women who demand things like that, but I've noticed that men don't really care how smart or successful a woman is. What they do demand in many cases, however, is that a woman fit into very specific physical molds. I've seen many ads where men demand that only women who are 'between 5'1 and 5'5, under 125 lbs and between the ages of 21 and 28' message them.

I've mentioned it before on this forum, but I had a guy friend many years ago tell me that I should have spent my money on plastic surgery and a gym membership instead of getting my engineering degree.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have seen women who demand things like that, but I've noticed that men don't really care how smart or successful a woman is. What they do demand in many cases, however, is that a woman fit into very specific physical molds. I've seen many ads where men demand that only women who are 'between 5'1 and 5'5, under 125 lbs and between the ages of 21 and 28' message them.

I've mentioned it before on this forum, but I had a guy friend many years ago tell me that I should have spent my money on plastic surgery and a gym membership instead of getting my engineering degree.
Some friend.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
It's in their nature.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Wait - there are people out there that want things in others that they don't have themselves? NO!!! Say it ain't so!!!
Personally - I only look for men that have the same exact characteristics as I have myself. They must be silly, loyal, cute, smart, and have big boobs.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:58 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Sorry to hear that, that sounds pretty demanding. I'm of the mentality that I'll know a hot/pretty girl when I see one, I'm not concerned about her stats.

A gym membership should be a must for everyone, men and women....but that's a whole other topic entirely.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, that sounds pretty demanding. I'm of the mentality that I'll know a hot/pretty girl when I see one, I'm not concerned about her stats.

A gym membership should be a must for everyone, men and women....but that's a whole other topic entirely.
You don't need a gym to stay in shape.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:07 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You don't need a gym to stay in shape.
True, but most aren't disciplined enough to work out at home (avoiding distractions) nor do most live in locations where outdoor exercise is feasible on a regular, year-round basis.

The gym solves these problems/excuses.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
True, but most aren't disciplined enough to work out at home (avoiding distractions) nor do most live in locations where outdoor exercise is feasible on a regular, year-round basis.

The gym solves these problems/excuses.
Not really. People who want to work out and stay in shape will do so whether they do it at the gym or at home. People who aren't motivated won't. I used to work at a gym. We had tons of members that paid for their membership and would only come once a year - to renew.

Sorry - didn't mean to get off topic.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Do not turn this into a gender bashing thread.. while it may be true of SOME women and SOME men does not make it true for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships