Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,967,911 times

Advertisements

Saw a cute girl today so I went up to her and turned out she was from a country I had visited before. We talked for a while and she offered me her phone number and said we she keep in contact.

Just wondering how long I should wait to call? I work 6 days a week so I'm usually pretty busy and this weekend by chance I have the night off and I'll be going out of state and then visiting my parents after that.. so I want to ask her out for this week.

Would it be weird for me to call tomorrow to ask her out for Saturday? Would I probably be better off just calling on Friday and hoping for last minute plans and seeing if she wants to come along?

This stuff is all crazy to me, if I had it my way I'd just call on Saturday and invite her out Saturday night :S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 01:53 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,418,236 times
Call tonight if you want. who cares about time frame on these things?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,239,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Saw a cute girl today so I went up to her and turned out she was from a country I had visited before.
Ha-ha, you and your foreigners! Don't try to be an as@ if you want to see her - call today.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, you and your foreigners! Don't try to be an as@ if you want to see her - call today.
Hahaha I can't help it Sierra

Alright, well that makes me feel better. I will give her a call tomorrow then! I didn't want to come off as a creep.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Hahaha I can't help it Sierra

Alright, well that makes me feel better. I will give her a call tomorrow then! I didn't want to come off as a creep.
oh and another thing..spontaneity would work in your favor when you know her better..but not in the beginning of whatever this may be.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
oh and another thing..spontaneity would work in your favor when you know her better..but not in the beginning of whatever this may be.
She's just a random girl really, I saw her and went up to her today. There's not really much to consider.. for all I know she will say no when I call.

I wouldn't say I'm trying to be spontaneous or anything, I'm just trying to fit it into my schedule

Old 03-28-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
She's just a random girl really, I saw her and went up to her today. There's not really much to consider.. for all I know she will say no when I call.

I wouldn't say I'm trying to be spontaneous or anything, I'm just trying to fit it into my schedule
got it. well I consider anything last minute to be spontaneous.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM

788 posts, read 1,273,213 times
Call her tonight. It's not creepy. It's already Wednesday, so make plans with her before her schedule fills. You already have a full schedule, so you're assuming she'll still be available when you are if you wait to call. Don't assume anything. Just call if you actually like her and want to see her again.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,120,780 times
I'd be put off if a guy called on Saturday morning to ask me out for Saturday night. And I'd likely already be busy. I'd call now.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,254,398 times
When I was about 20-21 years old and in college, a guy struck up a conversation with me at the bus stop. He looked like Christian Slater so I couldn't resist. He pulled the old, "hey, do you go to (such and such) school?" Long story short, the bus came and I gave him my number. After my classes I went straight to work. When I got home that evening, there was a message that some guy called lol...I wasn't expecting a call the same day. Do what you feel is right. If you didn't get to talk to her much when you saw her and you want to pick up the convo then go ahead and call her soon. Tell her you enjoyed talking and wanted to pick up where you left off, in a non-stalker kind of way :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships