Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

I had always admired and loved my son's father, but as a brother, nothing more. After we were seperated and divorced, we had a wonderful relationship, which many who knew us said, it was extremely benefical for my son. We never had any custody setteled, didn't need to, as we mutually agreed on something that worked for both of us. He even stayed for dinner a lot of times, when he came to pick up our son for the weekend.
Then he met a woman and was dating her. She was indeed a wonderful lady...she came to all my son's soccor games with him. We grew quit close, and I told her I'd be proud someday to have her be my son's stepmom. I remember her crying with joy.

Not long after, I bumped into her coming out of the drugstore, and she looked awful. She said, "You didn't hear?" He started dating my best friend. I didn't say anything, but he did the same thing to me. Anyway, I felt her pain, but soon forgot about it, and lost contact with her. Forgot that this women he was now dating was her best friend. She had 3 children and I was overjoyed that my son would experience, sibblings....

They got engaged to be married quickly and oh, boy did the problems begin right away. Matter of fact, my husband warned me that she was going to be big problems, and he didn't usually talk about people like that.

Everything changed, and she ruled not only her husband but us as well...mean woman, who will set out to get what she wants no matter who she hurts. And she made life miserable for all of us, including my son...however, they do get along fine now, but he does know, he must abide by her bidding or else....no one challenges her...believe me, no one.

Her mother died, and my son had just moved and started a new job...and I was shocked that he felt he had to come home....he told me if he hadn't, he'd never hear the end of it??????

Anyway, my relationship with my ex, my son's father, was always in good standing, until her. It really made me mad, that he would choose risking his money over his son, b/c he adopted her 3 kids. And she would have most certainly taken him to the cleaners....

I also understand, that the last class reunion he had, he wanted so to go and she wouldn't let him go, she said, "We made other plans". Guess he got what he bargined for....sorry to say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I had always admired and loved my son's father, but as a brother, nothing more. After we were seperated and divorced, we had a wonderful relationship, which many who knew us said, it was extremely benefical for my son. We never had any custody setteled, didn't need to, as we mutually agreed on something that worked for both of us. He even stayed for dinner a lot of times, when he came to pick up our son for the weekend.
Then he met a woman and was dating her. She was indeed a wonderful lady...she came to all my son's soccor games with him. We grew quit close, and I told her I'd be proud someday to have her be my son's stepmom. I remember her crying with joy.

Not long after, I bumped into her coming out of the drugstore, and she looked awful. She said, "You didn't hear?" He started dating my best friend. I didn't say anything, but he did the same thing to me. Anyway, I felt her pain, but soon forgot about it, and lost contact with her. Forgot that this women he was now dating was her best friend. She had 3 children and I was overjoyed that my son would experience, sibblings....

They got engaged to be married quickly and oh, boy did the problems begin right away. Matter of fact, my husband warned me that she was going to be big problems, and he didn't usually talk about people like that.

Everything changed, and she ruled not only her husband but us as well...mean woman, who will set out to get what she wants no matter who she hurts. And she made life miserable for all of us, including my son...however, they do get along fine now, but he does know, he must abide by her bidding or else....no one challenges her...believe me, no one.

Her mother died, and my son had just moved and started a new job...and I was shocked that he felt he had to come home....he told me if he hadn't, he'd never hear the end of it??????

Anyway, my relationship with my ex, my son's father, was always in good standing, until her. It really made me mad, that he would choose risking his money over his son, b/c he adopted her 3 kids. And she would have most certainly taken him to the cleaners....

I also understand, that the last class reunion he had, he wanted so to go and she wouldn't let him go, she said, "We made other plans". Guess he got what he bargined for....sorry to say...
Your post was sort of hard to follow towards the end. Its good though that you can become friends with the Ex's GF. My mother and my step mom seem to get along pretty good. My mom has grown up to realize that my step mom was very influential in my upbringing.

BTW, you ALWAYS admired your ex husband as a brother? Why would you have a child with someone you only liked as a brother? I guess it really is irrelevant to your post, im just curious.

I am good friends with all of my Ex's BTW, except 1. She just wont talk to me, not because we had a horrible falling either. My other ex's I still would do anything for.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
My ex and I have a good relationship although I wouldn't call us "friends". It Definately depends on who he is dating at the time. I can always tell if his current girlfriend is threatened by our relationship by the way he acts. I've had one who tried to contact me and get my advice! I just told her that I didn't feel comfortable getting involved. Unfortunately my ex has not been able to select the healthiest of partners. At least they are all pretty with long black hair...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
ChiGuy2.5 Your post was sort of hard to follow towards the end. Its good though that you can become friends with the Ex's GF. My mother and my step mom seem to get along pretty good. My mom has grown up to realize that my step mom was very influential in my upbringing.
Very sorry it was hard to follow, extremely tired from allergies....

Quote:
BTW, you ALWAYS admired your ex husband as a brother? Why would you have a child with someone you only liked as a brother? I guess it really is irrelevant to your post, im just curious.
Good question...I was very young, 17, ran away from home, he wanted to marry me....and I thought I loved him...my foster parents feared me going out on my own and working my way thru college, b/c they felt I was very naieve...therefore, they thought it best I marry. We didn't have a child until 2 years later...but still to young.

Quote:
I am good friends with all of my Ex's BTW, except 1. She just wont talk to me, not because we had a horrible falling either. My other ex's I still would do anything for.
Glad to hear that...sorry about the one, but maybe it's for the best...yanno?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
I've had two longer than 1 year relationships and let's see.

The first one I still keep in contact with, although she's living in Lille, France now. I just started contact again with her about 4-5 months ago. She's a nice girl, but it really does make me realize that a person never really changes and if you break up for a reason and give it time.. they're still going to be the same person. That being said, she has no plans to come back to USA ... ever, so we'll never date regardless.

My other ex gf.. well I had to cut off contact with her because it ended in ~December and we still haven't contacted each other. That being said, she seems like she's doing pretty good with everything in her life. Yeah... she still talks to my dad lol

Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
My ex and I have a good relationship although I wouldn't call us "friends". It Definately depends on who he is dating at the time. I can always tell if his current girlfriend is threatened by our relationship by the way he acts. I've had one who tried to contact me and get my advice! I just told her that I didn't feel comfortable getting involved. Unfortunately my ex has not been able to select the healthiest of partners. At least they are all pretty with long black hair...
yes, I know what you mean...mine wanted to be married...unfortunately he chose the wrong partner....and yes, wish I saw it coming. Everyone else who knew her did and warned me, but I wouldn't believe them. She even told me that I was the only one that was excited about they're getting married. I felt guilty that I left him...and wanted so much more for my son and for him...happiness...and a healthy growth. The women he married, was definately threatened by me. To this day she is...which to me is strange...but she still tries to stick the knife in....for instance...once, we bumped into each other, and she asked me how my visit went when I went to visit my son, his wife and my grand daughter. She asked me if my daughter in law went to work...(this will give you an idea of how she was all these years) I thought it a strange question, but answered, "no". She goes, "well when we were there she did and we had grand-daughter all to ourselves". Why would you say that to someone? She must really hate me for some reason?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I don't have kids with my ex. But I don't speak to him at all and hope to never again.

It's interesting...I think some guys really do prefer women who treat them like dirt. I know men say this about women, but it goes both ways. Sounds like maybe your ex is getting the karma he deserves for ditching a great woman for her best friend!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't have kids with my ex. But I don't speak to him at all and hope to never again.

It's interesting...I think some guys really do prefer women who treat them like dirt. I know men say this about women, but it goes both ways. Sounds like maybe your ex is getting the karma he deserves for ditching a great woman for her best friend!
yeah, i've oft times wondered that, however, feared thinking that, as I have my own skeletons to deal with, but yes, I tend to agree with you.

Actually, we got along so much better when we were divorced then when we were together....it was a good healthy friendship for my son's sake, everything worked, that is, until That Woman came along....yup, he missed the boat, with the friend, she was an exceptionally gentle kind and thoughtful person....
but looking back now....he probably would have run on her to...my sister often said, he married his mother...but, his mother meant well, even though she was controlling, it wasn't meant to be mean...but yes, she ruled the household....and I suppose a lot of men find they're mother's qualities in the women they marry, yes?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
Non-existant, or keeping them as Facebook acquaintances (barely speak but up-to-date on each other's lives etc).

Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
None besides facebook, they are an ex for a reason, no point in looking back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships