Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times

Advertisements

I keep seeing people sharing pictures of people in very sad situations. I understand making awareness of bad things that happen in the world but straight up posting graphic pictures of the result?? my stomach is hurting from it all.

I just saw 2 pictures posted of newborn babies that look so sick that they're about to die. It made me wanna puke. its sad but why do we need to see such awful things like that on a social networking site, meant for keeping in touch with those far away? Not only that, I find it offensive. I'm a member of an autism "cause" (best friends brother is Autistic) but they don't post pictures of them in very unflattering situations. Its just raising awareness...which I think is fine.

Another picture I've been seeing is a Marine who's face is completely blown off and he's standing next to what appears to be his bride and she just looks shocked and angry that her husband came home looking like a mutant. That's something we do not need to be seeing. Yes that happens and we all know it but its just awful to have a visual of it. I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm about to write facebook and ask to take these types of photos down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM

403 posts, read 867,683 times
The one I find the worst is the the fat lady with her gut hanging out sitting on a bench. What if that pic was of themselves and they saw that? It's wrong to ridicule pople like that.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,160,431 times
I saw someone on a "Friends of Friends" Facebook page posted a picture today of a very overweight young girl with massive love muffins hanging over her daisy duke shorts ... it looked like a real picture, the kid had no clue someone was behind her and took the picture, obviously.

I just shook my head, baffled. Why is it entertaining and fun to make fun of other people ... Especially heavy kids ... The bullying thing is a joke, really. FB should crack down on that, but I guess they would need an entire new department just to screen each and every FB page and it's content ...

Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I saw someone on a "Friends of Friends" Facebook page posted a picture today of a giant fat girl with massive love muffins hanging over her daisy duke shorts ... it looked like a real picture, the kid had no clue someone was behind her and took the picture, obviously.

I just shook my head, baffled. Why is it fun to make fun of other people ... Especially heavy kids ... The bullying thing is a joke, really. FB should crack down on that, but I guess they would need an entire new department just to screen each and every FB page and it's content ...
well ya that's also messed up. but I'm mostly talking about the pics that are being spread around to raise "awareness" of tragedies like premature babies and how ugly war is (like the Marine example). I find them more offensive than helpful.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM

Those awareness pictures are no worse than seeing a poor beat'n dog with 1 eye, looking so sad and abused ... or smokers breathing out of a tracheostomy, having to detail how they have lung cancer ... Ugh ! I don't know how people smoke, those commercials make me not want to be subjected to 2nd hand smoke. Nasty !

Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM

true! I don't think FB is the place for it. gross.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM

They play them on tv all the time now - I can't even look, I have to turn the station!

Those anti-smoking commercials are disgusting- I gag when I see the lady smoking still with a tracheotomy in her neck ... If the government is so concerned, make cigarettes illegal for crying out loud. Otherwise, let the smokers live as they want to live.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Ya, half dressed chicks is more my speed.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Ya, half dressed chicks is more my speed.
LOL

curly..I'm so with you! so glad I don't have a tv anymore.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
true! I don't think FB is the place for it. gross.
Neither is the 4th Ave fair for anti-abortion demonstrations, but the idiots are everywhere. Last time I went they weren't there, though. Hopefully somebody cleaned their stupid asses off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships