Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,758,140 times

Advertisements

If you and your wife have children together then you need to think about the recourse of contacting the girlfriend. It's possible the girlfriend will get violent with your wife. While I don't condone cheating, I would never want to put a child's parent in harms way.

Contact an attorney and get yourself in counseling. The attorney can help you deal with the legal matters and the counselor can help you deal with the betrayal and anger. Holding on to anger is only going to hurt you in the long run. So the sooner you can work through this the better off you are going to be.

I'm sorry this happened to you. And I hope you can find some peace within your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
Take the advice of others and don't contact the other woman. Nothing good can come of it. Focus your energy on yourself and your family now.
Sorry you're dealing with this!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
I say tell her, she deserves to know .

Is it better for her to go on to marry him without knowing what
she is getting in to ? She will appreciate it at some point.

You are not creating the mess, they did.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM

915 posts, read 2,383,000 times
I wouldn't recommend contacting her, but if you do, do it anonymously.

If you know her name, chances are she owns some property that is in the publicly-accessible property tax databases for all of the counties around here. For example, search for William Bell in the Durham and you'll see that the mayor (William V "Bill" Bell) owns a house at 1003 Huntsman dr. If you click "View Tax Bill" next to any of the vehicles he owns, you'll see his address listed on each bill.

Durham County Tax Bill Application - Search

Old 04-06-2012, 03:44 PM

932 posts, read 3,097,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peperoberto View Post
I wouldn't recommend contacting her, but if you do, do it anonymously.

If you know her name, chances are she owns some property that is in the publicly-accessible property tax databases for all of the counties around here. For example, search for William Bell in the Durham and you'll see that the mayor (William V "Bill" Bell) owns a house at 1003 Huntsman dr. If you click "View Tax Bill" next to any of the vehicles he owns, you'll see his address listed on each bill.

Durham County Tax Bill Application - Search
I agree. You can do the same search for Wake County tax records. What a mess. Sorry you're going through it. If you plan on divorce, I would definitely contact an attorney before you did anything.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I say tell her, she deserves to know .

Is it better for her to go on to marry him without knowing what
she is getting in to ? She will appreciate it at some point.

You are not creating the mess, they did.
I agree with you. This guy gets to go home every night and sleep in his bed while my world is crumbling. He deserves at least a sliver of the pain I'm going through.

And thank you to everyone regarding the tax bills, the little I do know is that he and his girlfriend are renters so that's a no-go.

And I agree anonymous would be helpful, that's why I was wondering if PI's provide this service or if someone else would.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM

527 posts, read 686,940 times
I'm sorry. But even if this woman "deserves to know," I don't think it's your place to tell her. I understand you're angry and upset and hurt, but I really don't think this is the right thing to do. Leave it alone, and deal with your own situation, I'm sure this woman will find out eventually (cheating is a habitual sort of thing usually).

Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Since the OP has received answers to his question about who to contact and the other responses are focused more on the relationship, I'm moving this thread to that forum where it can be more appropriately addressed.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:44 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Sorry about your marriage. But, you best ya business, fella. Git on, before you get pee'd on. You found out what YOU needed to know. Now, you're out of bounds, by trying to chase down some fool who you don't even know. All you need to do is worry about yourself, and the *itch who got out on you. It ain't the end of the world. But it might be, if you go out there sticking your face in another mans busy-ness. The game is called "cop and blow", son... not cop, block, and lock. Sometimes you cop (pick 'em up), and sometimes you blow (loose 'em). One thing for sure, you can't make no female want you. You had your chance with her. Now, all you can do is make it worse. I mean, you're gonna tell this guys woman, you and him are gonna fight (because you know he's gonna retaliate), and after the two of you end up in jail, your wife is gonna still be out here,... WIT THE NEXT MAN! So, what are you gonna do then? You better get it together, and plan your exit. Be a man! Don't let no female take your freedom away from you. If you really want to get back at them, you have to rise above this, and be a better person than both of them. Success is the best revenge, right? Right now, you have all the options in the world. But, if you make the wrong mistake, your only option will be, Bubba the cell mate. And believe me, bro... if you can't deal with a little funky ass female, I know you can't handle lookin' at Bubba's stinkin' ass, all day.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexDan View Post
I welcome the discussion, honestly.

As for why, well my reason is that here I am, my life may not be ruined but it is not changing for the better. He gets to go home every night like nothing ever happened. He knew she was married, so that's obviously a risk he was willing to take.

I know his girlfriend doesn't know. My wife specifically requested that I don't attempt to contact him because it would "ruin his life". So nice of her to care about ruining someone's life.
Your wife knew she was married too, obviously a risk she was willing to take. Don't shovel all the blame on the guy, if it wasn't him it would have been a different guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships