Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:55 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The OP has been getting served by some posters , so I don't want to bash her too much, but she does come of a being a petulant child.

When I first read the OP, I thought she might have been around 18 or 19.

Her boyfriend has the same maturity level, could be why his marriage didn't work out and he is still stuck on his ex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 06:32 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
No kiss goodbye in the AM? Brush your teeth!!

Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 PM

66 posts, read 123,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I have to be blunt.

Yes OP you are immature
Yes you are needy
Yes you are insecure

This guy is not that into you, and you can't force someone to act in a way that they are unwilling to do. It is not only childish to call someone (who you say you love) a name because they won't meet your demands, it is also abusive.

You need to do a lot of work on yourself to get to a healthier place. Your threads are becoming predictable and repetitive. Just get over it already and work on youself so that you don't continue to attract emotionally unavailable men while expecting them to fulfill your needs. It's insanity.
I'm wrestling with weather or not he's into me....He has never seriouly dated anyone since divorce until he met me. He wants a family with me. He goes out 5am in the morning to get pain killers for me. He takes me on trips. He would show affection in public. I feel happy with him when we don't fight.

Being in my 30's, I still am very inexperiecied in dating. So I guess I just don't know when to give up.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:49 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
With every bit of new information, I get a little confused.

How about if you help us out by listing all the things you love about him and all the things you don't love about him, then we'll get a better sense of the complete picture.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:58 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppsyout View Post
I'm wrestling with weather or not he's into me....He has never seriouly dated anyone since divorce until he met me. He wants a family with me. He goes out 5am in the morning to get pain killers for me. He takes me on trips. He would show affection in public. I feel happy with him when we don't fight.

Being in my 30's, I still am very inexperiecied in dating. So I guess I just don't know when to give up.
Let me just say that I have been married for 49 yrs this year and the rules for a sucessful marriage never do anything that you would not want your wife to do. and most importantly, never leave your wife or husband without giving him/her a kiss!. Dosen't matter where you are, because in this life , this world just think how you would feel if you never saw him/her again, if he or her died or got killed ? If this were to happen you would never forgive yourself. Additionally advice from a life'er. no mater what the issue, never go to bed with a kiss/ I love you , this resolves a lot of issues.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Pain killers, huh?

Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
With every bit of new information, I get a little confused.

How about if you help us out by listing all the things you love about him and all the things you don't love about him, then we'll get a better sense of the complete picture.
Thank you, it's a good suggestion. Making a list would help myself to see things more clear too.

Being together 2 years, there's definitly good times too. So I'm confused.

Things I love about him.

1. Happy person, laid back. Don't hold angry long.

2. Responsible to his family, he's being supporting his low income sister finacially for years.

3. Smart and funny. He always have funny stories to tell which make our road trips full of laugh.

4. Share house chores.

5. very honest, never lie.

6. Don't know if this should be seen as important. but it's important to me that I'm physically attracted to him.

Things I don't love about him

1. in his own world too much( sports, stocks), doesn't pay much attention to me.

2. not quality time together except for some weekends.

3. not much intamacy in the day to day life.

3. he never admit of being wrong.

4. everything has to work around his clock.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Pain killers, huh?
That's when we were in hawaii and I woke up having bad headache, So he got up and went out to get me Advil.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
Quote:
Thank you, it's a good suggestion. Making a list would help myself to see things more clear too.

Being together 2 years, there's definitly good times too. So I'm confused.

Things I love about him.

1. Happy person, laid back. Don't hold angry long.

2. Responsible to his family, he's being supporting his low income sister finacially for years.

3. Smart and funny. He always have funny stories to tell which make our road trips full of laugh.

4. Share house chores.

5. very honest, never lie.

6. Don't know if this should be seen as important. but it's important to me that I'm physically attracted to him.

Things I don't love about him

1. in his own world too much( sports, stocks), doesn't pay much attention to me.

2. not quality time together except for some weekends.

3. not much intamacy in the day to day life.

3. he never admit of being wrong.

4. everything has to work around his clock.
I am sorry to say, he really isn't that crazy about you, or just too crazy about himself (from 1,2,3). Luckily for you, this ain't a bad thing at all. He is way too immature for his age (30+)(4) and very self-centered (4, 5). Of course, he has done some nice things for you (trips, painkillers), but those seem to be few and far in between.

Trust me, you don't love him or want him, and you can do better than that.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
I talked to him about that, when I first mentioned, he would deny that he doesnt want to hug/kiss me, and say he would do it. But then he still wont do it. So when i mention again he got mad and says I pick up fights and he tired of hearing me nagging.
Whether this guy is for you or not is not where I am coming from. I am coming from another angle. You want hugs. He doesn't. What makes you more right, necessarily, than him?You ARE nagging him. No one likes nagging. Find another way to meet on COMMON ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships