Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times

Advertisements

MainRouge77....you did good...it's very apparent that you are interested in her, otherwise why would you even bother to say that.....I don't see how she could not understand that....good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
None of what you listed above confirms she has any physical attraction to you, and without that, you have nothing.

Just don't be too into it. Sounds like you're already starting a relationship with her in your head. The friends first route is not the best route.

It's also not a good idea to go for coworkers. But if you feel like you need to, then go for it.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 AM

178 posts, read 376,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainRouge77 View Post
Lately, I have been talking to this girl at work I am interested in. She has confided a lot in me and we've been making some good conversation. It's clear that a connections been made and there is attraction.

Well, I wanted to make the first move but missed the mark several times. For the past week it's been awkward between us because I haven't been man enough to just be open. . . .

That was the meat of the convo, but for the most part, was that a subtle enough hint to her that I am interested in taking this further? Was it a good opener to opening the lines of communication between us further? The next time I will be more upfront and out with it, but was this a good opener to that?
Dude, really, that's the best you have for an opener? That's about as attractive as cardboard. And you think it's "clear that a connections been made and there is attraction." YOU ARE IN THE FRIEND ZONE. Go to you tube and check out friend zone vids.

I can't tell if you are an older guy trying to pick up a younger girl, a safe coworker, or an older brother but it's clear to me that you need to develop some social skills. I'm talking about basics such as "Being an Interesting and Fun Guy 101". That's your general level of dating competency most guys have. You know BS that ALL women say that they want a guy who can make them laugh? That's code for being fun and interesting.

So ask her out for a drink but rent the movie the Tao of Steve before you do...

Last edited by bignutz; 04-15-2012 at 10:26 AM..

Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
But while subtle, was it still apparent enough to her that I am interested, care for her, etc? I was trying to show her that I care, that I am interested and that I am here for her, all in one subtle way.

Point is, can you gather from that some sign of interest?
It's not clear.

Get her out and try and kiss her. That is clear.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:30 AM

55 posts, read 95,560 times
I think you guys are missing the point here. We've have a lot of fun conversations too where we are flirting with each other and gazing into each other's eyes. I mean she is not the type that just goes for that hey baby let's date thing.

I just haven't made a move yet and I've pretty much bungled moves she's made toward me. Lately, the issues she is having with her family are taking precedence in her life and I didn't want to burden her with a relationship.

But I just wanted to convey interest while still remaining a confidant. I know what the friends zone is. I've been there plenty of times. This is not really a case here but it could be if I don't start opening the doors.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:37 AM

178 posts, read 376,182 times
She knows you are interested because you like spending time with her. You don't have to tell her your interested, you just gotta take it to the next level if you know the attraction is there. What's the next level? making out...

Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I think you guys are missing the point here. We've have a lot of fun conversations too where we are flirting with each other and gazing into each other's eyes. I mean she is not the type that just goes for that hey baby let's date thing.
Most women go for the 'hey baby lets date' thing. Why do you think there's such a vast amount of men who have been friendzoned only for the woman to date the next stud that comes around?

Your little playful signals mean diddly-squat. I can't even count the number of threads here where guys have said she's giving me all these signals and it ends in rejection.

If you like her, go for it. But don't try and gauge her level of interest in that way.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Most women go for the 'hey baby lets date' thing. Why do you think there's such a vast amount of men who have been friendzoned only for the woman to date the next stud that comes around?

Your little playful signals mean diddly-squat. I can't even count the number of threads here where guys have said she's giving me all these signals and it ends in rejection.

If you like her, go for it. But don't try and gauge her level of interest in that way.
How else would I have gone about it? She disappeared for two days, she has major issues with her family, she is venting. Was I supposed to say "hey i like you, lets make out?

The point is that that will come later, I was mainly looking for an ice breaker.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
How else would I have gone about it? She disappeared for two days, she has major issues with her family, she is venting. Was I supposed to say "hey i like you, lets make out?

The point is that that will come later, I was mainly looking for an ice breaker.
You're investing too much into her. That's all. Continue to talk to her, ask her out when you get the chance, but hit on other women too.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
You're investing too much into her. That's all. Continue to talk to her, ask her out when you get the chance, but hit on other women too.
I see what you're saying. And you're 100% right.

If I may add though....

Signs that its not friends zone yet:

A.) She has said some pretty kinky stuff to me, pretty much expressing to me that she'd like to jump my bones

B.) the eye contact is way too good to just be friends

C.) the confiding still has an air of kiss me, not you're my best friend.

I've just been the one to not be receptive and be a total idiot.

That is why I am making up for lost time, but the issue with her family is overwhelming her.

That is also why I decided to drop a big subtle hint. To get the ball rolling on moving the communication to much a deeper level. Breaking the ice and setting myself up to finally open up.

Does this sound like it could work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships