Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times

Advertisements

I'm in one of those moods again.....where I feel hateful & bitter towards the opposite sex. The sum total of the past negative experiences that I've had & the way girls have treated me just bubbling up deep within & affecting my thoughts. 'tis sad.

Do you ever feel bitter? How can you tell that you are feeling bitter about the past? What do you do to fix it, if anything? Or does it fix itself of its own accord?

I can't help but feel, however, that if I ever meet "the one", I will never again think of these feelings, let alone have them again. I'll just be.....happy.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
You will never be happy even if you meet the most wonderful woman on the planet, because the problem isn't women, it's you. No-one can make you complete, no-one can make your life the best it can be...that can only be done by one person...you.

Bitterness is the last bastion of those who blame everyone else for their problems in life.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You will never be happy even if you meet the most wonderful woman on the planet, because the problem isn't women, it's you. No-one can make you complete, no-one can make your life the best it can be...that can only be done by one person...you.

Bitterness is the last bastion of those who blame everyone else for their problems in life.
Sage advice, if only more would listen.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Two thoughts:

1. "It isn't about what you've been going through; it's about what you've been while going through it" < My personal philosophy. It simply means, no matter how much hardship you endure, you are still accountable for your own behavior and responsible for your own thoughts. Indeed, it's understandable to feel a certain way for a short time. But it's up to you to ditch any feelings that aren't helpin' ya.

2. I'm not recommending you learn from this song. It just came to mind:

MxPx-GSF - YouTube

Old 04-21-2012, 08:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Let me ask you this - how would you feel if a woman you knew was feeling the way towards men the way that you feel towards women? Wouldn't you think it was ridiculous! Wouldn't you think - I'm sorry you've had issues with some men but all men are not the same? Wouldn't you you think - how will you ever meet a good man if you have all this hatred and bitterness towards men? Nobody wants to be around someone that hates them! To me -it's just like hating all people with the name Ted because you knew a couple Teds who were d-bags. Well, of course not every person named Ted is a d-bag - just like not every woman is deserving of your hatred and bitterness.

Would you be interested in someone that hated men?

If you want to attract good people - you have to be a good person. Cut the toxic people out of your life. Stop hanging out with people that bring you down. Sometimes it's hard to do - but it needs to be done. Find ways to make yourself happy. And more happiness will follow.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:12 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,723 times
Your the man so be the man. Take some time and do a you tube search on Tom Leykis and learn. Stop trying to be in the woman's world and let them work to be in yours.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:13 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
I'm guessing it's mostly people who are unhappy with their experience with the opposite sex that join forums like this "Relationships" one. Happy couples are probably too busy, generally speaking, (and busy with each other...!) to spend time contributing to discussions like this. I can't help but notice a decided negative streak in people on the board. Actually, the responses here have been pleasantly refreshing in that regard.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:16 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm guessing it's mostly people who are unhappy with their experience with the opposite sex that join forums like this "Relationships" one. Happy couples are probably too busy, generally speaking, (and busy with each other...!) to spend time contributing to discussions like this.
My girlfriend and I (who read on this forum together as one of our favorite pastimes) beg to differ

Old 04-21-2012, 08:16 PM

348 posts, read 549,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I'm in one of those moods again.....where I feel hateful & bitter towards the opposite sex. The sum total of the past negative experiences that I've had & the way girls have treated me just bubbling up deep within & affecting my thoughts. 'tis sad.

Do you ever feel bitter? How can you tell that you are feeling bitter about the past? What do you do to fix it, if anything? Or does it fix itself of its own accord?

I can't help but feel, however, that if I ever meet "the one", I will never again think of these feelings, let alone have them again. I'll just be.....happy.
Whenever I get down about the opposite sex, after a breakup, I take a minute, pick myself up, go out for a drink, and try to meet someone new.

It's the best way.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:20 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
The only men I've ever met who were bitter towards women were bitter because they have always been constantly rejected by women and are sexually envious/frustrated. The last thing any woman wants to be around is a bitter man who dislikes women. So the self-loathing and anger is self-perpetuating.

Most emotionally healthy straight men LOVE women, love being around them and are happy around women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.