Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 10:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Yup, just like women that go from one physically abusive relationship to another, then complain about men beating on her.
Not quite. It would be "just like" if said woman was bitter towards all men for the actions of the men she chose.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Not quite. It would be "just like" if said woman was bitter towards all men for the actions of the men she chose.
I guess the reverse of this would be if I thought all my friends were liars every time they said some guy had "done them wrong." Well, my husband isn't like that so therefore NO man is like that!

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You will never be happy even if you meet the most wonderful woman on the planet, because the problem isn't women, it's you. No-one can make you complete, no-one can make your life the best it can be...that can only be done by one person...you.

Bitterness is the last bastion of those who blame everyone else for their problems in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
You are not feeling bitter towards the opposite sex, but toward yourself. Probably there's a touch of self-pity going on in there, too. Lots of resentment. All those things result for poor self-opinion, as does thinking someone or something outside yourself can cause you to be happy.

Seriously, you would be better off talking with a counselor about your feelings, and learn how to cope with them appropriately. This would help you not only resolve the feelings, but probably make you more attractive to yourself and others.

Be well. Best wishes.

You know, things like this are really valid & are important to hear, but the fact is, it just doesn't describe my situation precisely. I don't quite know how to explain it, you know? I'm not 100% happy with my life, but I AM very happy with it. I've come far in life and what's more important is that I know how much farther I have left to go & I'm excited for it. I am a happy person. Some might say that the fact that I have to say that aloud is a sign of unhappiness, but I'd say they really are overanalyzing things a bit.

The thing that makes me feel bad is that I am a GREAT person & an amazing guy, with stories to tell, laughs to share, tickles to give....whatever, you get my drift. And girls just don't seem to want to be with me. And when it seems as though I have a chance, I end up being lied to or they pick someone else over me. I'm fine with the latter, but I despise the former. It's one of those things that makes me dislike women.

I do realize, though, that not all women are going to be like that. Mod cut: Gross generalization. I guess I've just had horrific luck. Which seems statistically unlikely, but I guess it is what it is.

I respect and understand the argument of "it's not the girls, it's YOU". But when it's the GIRLS lying to me & leaving me for other men...it just doesn't really seem that way, especially when I've always held true to my principles and my beliefs. Not sure how to explain it any better than that.

Just have to be patient, I guess. And try to never give up hope.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2012 at 07:44 PM..

545 posts, read 1,556,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I'm in one of those moods again.....where I feel hateful & bitter towards the opposite sex. The sum total of the past negative experiences that I've had & the way girls have treated me just bubbling up deep within & affecting my thoughts. 'tis sad.

Do you ever feel bitter? How can you tell that you are feeling bitter about the past? What do you do to fix it, if anything? Or does it fix itself of its own accord?

I can't help but feel, however, that if I ever meet "the one", I will never again think of these feelings, let alone have them again. I'll just be.....happy.
The easiest way to be happy in your condition is to ignore the opposite sex. If you refuse to care about whether or not you can get women then you'll stop being affected by your bitterness. You're bitterness will never go away... it's like the loss of innocence experienced by Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird.

**** "the one". That's a myth. Hollywood likes it because it makes blockbusters. Corporate America likes it because it sells roses and diamonds. There's no real, objective, evidence that any of us needs to find and capture "the one" to be happy and survive.

What if you want to get married? Just marry any nice girl and have kids. You think people in the 1800s married for love?

Old 04-21-2012, 10:43 PM

434 posts, read 684,855 times
Quote:

The sum total of the past negative experiences that I've had & the way girls have treated me just bubbling up deep within & affecting my thoughts.

Do you ever feel bitter? How can you tell that you are feeling bitter about the past? What do you do to fix it, if anything? Or does it fix itself of its own accord?

I can't help but feel, however, that if I ever meet "the one", I will never again think of these feelings, let alone have them again. I'll just be.....happy.

Start dating women instead of girls. Not that all bad experiences will go away, but they will be different. If you are dating women and referring to them as girls, maybe that is a problem.

Bitterness won't help you. Move on. Try a different tactic. Try new places to meet women. Be an excellent person and you will attract excellent people. Have patience. Maybe take a break from pursuing women and relax. Sometimes when you aren't seeking a partner, that is when you find one.

The best relationships are hard work, and the ebbs and flows of a relationship will have you thinking many things you haven't thought of yet. Happiness is relative and it waxes and wanes.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Yup, just like women that go from one physically abusive relationship to another, then complain about men beating on her.
Wow.......just wow.
As an abuse survivor, I take offense to that.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
The easiest way to be happy in your condition is to ignore the opposite sex. If you refuse to care about whether or not you can get women then you'll stop being affected by your bitterness. You're bitterness will never go away... it's like the loss of innocence experienced by Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird.
^^^This.

Quote:
Women who go from one abusive realtionship to another, generally aren't aware of any other kind of relationship and aren't embittered, its their normal.

If you're going to make statements on DV, at least educate yourself on the topic beforehand.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
I'm in one of those moods again.....where I feel hateful & bitter towards the opposite sex. The sum total of the past negative experiences that I've had & the way girls have treated me just bubbling up deep within & affecting my thoughts. 'tis sad.

There lies the problem.

You are looking for someone else to make you happy. THIS WILL NOT WORK. You must learn to love yourself first. Do activities that you enjoy and do them well. See the beauty around you with your own eyes. Explore the world and embrace all it has to offer. Step outside of your comfort zone and take risks. Do not be so focused on "the one."

When you do this, women will want to be with you and one of them will be "the one." Why? Because you will have a positive, confident, happy outlook on life and who wouldn't want to be around someone positive, confident, and happy??

Trust me!

[this is my Hello Kitty statement for the day]

Old 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Most of the time, yes. Annoyance is the main reason why.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:

I for one ... know how you feel.

My bitterness goes in cycles and it's good that you at least realize that you are bitter. It's a good step towards doing something about it.

Meeting a good woman will help, but it won't completely allay the bitter feelings. Our minds have a way of wandering into places we rationally would like to avoid...

"Damn. She rejected me. She's slept with 6 other guys in that period, some of whom she barely knew. And I'm the only one who really liked her. *&$^#!"

It's hard. The mind just goes there. And the only cure is time. Yes, that's a true story and I've had women reject me and screw me over worse than that. But over time, you just forgive and forget.

I think the best way to soothe bitterness is to change which women you deal with. I mean honestly ... there's women who you will fall for who might not remember your last name if you got hit by a truck tomorrow. There's other women who will care for you and what happens to you long after your romantic relationship is over.

It's that big of a difference. It really is. And I'm unlucky/lucky enough to have experienced both. Control your emotions and learn to think rationally when it comes to those you choose to give your heart to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships