Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,433,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Me too!

It has been suggested I go every 4 months instead of 2 because I don't "recover" from it as quickly (it leaves me anemic for a few weeks) but then they call and I feel guilty. So long as my levels are at 12.5 when I go in, they will take it! lol
Ok, we do it every 3 months here. I recover well, except for the 24 hours afterwards I'm a little more fragile than per normal. One of the questions they ask here sometimes, is why do you donate?
I would not be alive today same with my Mother if it weren't for blood donors. So its a no brainer to me I should donate.
Love the marmite biscuits they give us too lol

Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,201,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Ok, we do it every 3 months here. I recover well, except for the 24 hours afterwards I'm a little more fragile than per normal. One of the questions they ask here sometimes, is why do you donate?
I might not be alive today same with my Mother if it weren't for blood donors. So its a no brainer to me I should donate.
That is precisely why I think this whole situation is a load of crap. Oh there may have been a donor truck, there may have been free tickets - but the OP didn't do anything. Or he put all this patchwork together from his own imagination, had an attention attack and came up with this. I am wondering how long it took him to figure out a way to make it into a thread.

OP it also appears you don't have many male supporters for your antics, save for one or two, and that leaves me with hope there aren't as many of you out there as you'd imagined there would be. This is just extreme peacocking and nothing more.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
That is precisely why I think this whole situation is a load of crap. Oh there may have been a donor truck, there may have been free tickets - but the OP didn't do anything. Or he put all this patchwork together from his own imagination, had an attention attack and came up with this. I am wondering how long it took him to figure out a way to make it into a thread.

OP it also appears you don't have many male supporters for your antics, save for one or two, and that leaves me with hope there aren't as many of you out there as you'd imagined there would be. This is just extreme peacocking and nothing more.
I just brush OP's such as his off as fictitious. Even still, they can sometimes still be an interesting debate/discussion.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 AM

As for the blood donations, so no one will feel scared about receiving it - they do test that blood and will contact the donor if something comes up. My brother and his wife were regular donors until they wrote him a letter and told him he could not donate anymore. They discovered an unkown virus in his blood which also resutled in this mass on his brain and they even operated and don't have any idea what it is or what he has. He would have never known if they didn't send that letter.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
As for the blood donations, so no one will feel scared about receiving it - they do test that blood and will contact the donor if something comes up. My brother and his wife were regular donors until they wrote him a letter and told him he could not donate anymore. They discovered an unkown virus in his blood which also resutled in this mass on his brain and they even operated and don't have any idea what it is or what he has. He would have never known if they didn't send that letter.
That is very interesting. While I suspected that was the case, I didn't know for sure. Did your brother get through that issue?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
I just brush OP's such as his off as fictitious. Even still, they can sometimes still be an interesting debate/discussion.
And this appears to be not one of those times.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
That is very interesting. While I suspected that was the case, I didn't know for sure. Did your brother get through that issue?
Nope. They sent his stuff everywhere including John's Hopkins and have no clue what it is and all they could do was medicate him for his symptoms. It's been almost 10 years I think and he still gets up and goes to work lives his life but some days he'll exhibit signs of what looks like Parkinson's, but isn't. It's scary stuff.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 AM

830 posts, read 1,667,351 times
Hmm...Drinks, THEN donating a pint of blood, THEN having sex? Maybe she just passed out or was close to it.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Hmm...Drinks, THEN donating a pint of blood, THEN having sex? Maybe she just passed out or was close to it.
Naw, those rubber dolls are pretty sturdy.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:
I would not be alive today same with my Mother if it weren't for blood donors. So its a no brainer to me I should donate.
Haha...I do it for the freebies (okay, kidding! But we do get freebies from sponsors everytime we go in).

I really donate because with my last baby, I was high risk going into surgery for significant blood loss and they had to wait to schedule my c-section until they could get stock of my bloodtype (I'm B- which isn't rare, but it's not readily available all the time either).

So, I donate in the hopes that someone who needs it in a true emergency will have it.

And yes, as Thursday said, it's also a little peace of mind for my health. It's like a mini-physical every 2 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships