Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM

35 posts, read 26,197 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone my name is Helena, i'm 22 and I'm new here... I'd like some of your time to tell me what you think about my 'tricky' situation. So here's the deal. There's this boy in my life that is into me for 15 years now... He's always been telling me how he feels about me and he always said he wanted to be with me but I never really gave him a chance even though I kinda liked him too. I can't really figure out why I didn't give him a try, something was just holding me back. A few days ago that I saw him again he still seemed very interested in me...like..very !! Plus he told me again, it wasn't plain flirting....It was love confession once again ! But......this time, the thing is he is in a relationship for over a year now. At first I thought I wouldn't do anything since a) I must have not given him a chance because maybe i'm not so into him and b) because of his girlfriend. However, I changed my mind, probably because the girlfriend situation got me intrigued. But still don't know whether I should do something with him... I mean I'm wondering if he wants something casual or if he has serious feelings for me as he always claimed he had. I fear that those feelings might have gone away now and he wants something casual, which is something i'm in no way interested in !!! Still, I can't believe that feelings of 15 years could have just gone away... I mean it's like a whole life ! What does he want in your opinion and what should I do ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 02:41 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
You're 22. He's liked you for 15 years?? Hmm.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:43 PM

yeah.. in fact the first recollection i have of this ''thing'' is him giving me a flower when he was 7 and calling me beautiful haha ! i know it may sound silly...but it's actually kinda sweet how he's been holding onto me all these years...

Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,153,177 times
Tell you this, he's in a relationship with another woman for a year and he's flirting with you. That just tells you the kinda guy he is. Forget the "love" stuff that would "predate" his current relationship, if he's doing that with his chick now, what makes you think he won't be doing it to you in the future?

Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 PM

well i guess, the fact that he's been claiming all these years to have feelings for me...for real. and i believe him. i just don't know if he has those feelings right now that he's in a relationship...

Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
He doesn't love you...he's infatuated. Don't give him the time of day, he'd cheat with you on the other girl, he'd cheat on you too.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:00 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
His "feelings" are an attraction. He is attracted to you. Maybe physically, mentally, emotionally, all three.

Sounds like you generally have not been interested in him. Now that he is "seeing" someone, you are.

My take. If he is in a relaitonship, he is not available. Maybe you are intrigued because he is technically unavailable right now.

If you are interested in pursuing something, and he is, the two of you can speak about it. if not, move on.

The whole thing just sounds a little "off" to me.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:00 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,153,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena21 View Post
well i guess, the fact that he's been claiming all these years to have feelings for me...for real. and i believe him. i just don't know if he has those feelings right now that he's in a relationship...
If he's telling you RIGHT NOW that he does, then he does have feelings for you. My thing is, he's doing this while in a relationship with someone else so ask yourself if he'll do the same to you. He has given you no indication that he won't.

You're going down a road you don't want to be on...no one wins in this situation.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:02 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena21 View Post
Here's the deal. People fall in love. But when that love is not reciprocated, they sometimes convince themselves it was not to be and find someone new. But those feelings often do not go away, but lie dormant beneath the surface of the heart. After all the world is filled with stories of elderly people who life separated from their first loves, only to reconnect years later and marry when a spouse had died.

In that sense, this guy may be in the same shoes. He found a girlfriend, but knows you're the one he wants. That's not a bad thing, you know. He's not married to her. And if he still has a thing for you, that's not an indication of bad character. That's just life and being human.

So here's what you do. Tell him that you're not dating anyone who is currently in a relationship. That way, you leave the door open and see if he walks through it.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM

yes exactly that's what i was thinking cpg35223 ! i mean, i'm not gonna act on it...i'm just gonna lay my cards and say what I want and i'll leave the rest to him..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships