Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:52 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times

Advertisements

A mother is the most important parent - the one who gives birth and sustenance (in the natural world = breast feeding) . . . that creates a powerful bond for good or bad. If you have a mother who was not a "good enough mother" (this is an actual concept that most mothers are "good enough") but if you have had one who was neglectful or abusive, then the boys (in this case we are talking about men's feelings about women) are going to be negatively impacted.

And then they will take their disappointments and expectations out into the dating world and if they are rejected, it will create powerful rage . . .I think that is what you are seeing here.

Most of the horribly bitter people have been hurt or rejected or perhaps they have little prospect of attracting a good relationship . . .if they are psychologically immature or unaware, they are going to act out and lash out . . .they are releasing pent up rage in a safe way - on a forum.

The problem is that this will not help them become healthier, happier people . . .for that they have to do some deep work, gain some insight, do some forgiveness or have a spiritual experience of some sort . . .

Old 05-10-2012, 11:52 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
^ Well the man hands post was meant as a fun sort of thread...sure I have many do 'men/women' type threads, but if you'd actually pay attention to them most of them are about challenging gender stereotypes.
I don't think you are a women hater, you do ask a lot of questions though..lol...you must have driven your parents crazy when you were at the 'ask questions' stage most kids go through.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
^ Well the man hands post was meant as a fun sort of thread...sure I have many do 'men/women' type threads, but if you'd actually pay attention to them most of them are about challenging gender stereotypes.
I noticed that and I like that. Men and women are not all that different and it really does a disservice to everyone by putting the genders in boxes.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
A mother is the most important parent - the one who gives birth and sustenance (in the natural world = breast feeding) . . . that creates a powerful bond for good or bad. If you have a mother who was not a "good enough mother" (this is an actual concept that most mothers are "good enough") but if you have had one who was neglectful or abusive, then the boys (in this case we are talking about men's feelings about women) are going to be negatively impacted.

And then they will take their disappointments and expectations out into the dating world and if they are rejected, it will create powerful rage . . .I think that is what you are seeing here.

Most of the horribly bitter people have been hurt or rejected or perhaps they have little prospect of attracting a good relationship . . .if they are psychologically immature or unaware, they are going to act out and lash out . . .they are releasing pent up rage in a safe way - on a forum.

The problem is that this will not help them become healthier, happier people . . .for that they have to do some deep work, gain some insight, do some forgiveness or have a spiritual experience of some sort . . .
It is interesting to speculate on why someone becomes bitter...

Genetic pre-disposition...

Childhood...

Personality, a few bad experiences, being truly treated pretty poorly, prejudice, psychological issues

Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Quote:
Decent post, but I'm gong to have to disagree with your first sentence. Both parents are important, period. We can see this in the outcomes of father-less boys.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:

Ironically, this post comes across as a blanket statement about why some of the male posters seem to dislike women. I'm quite sure, many of them had great mothers, but they simply cannot adjust to being rejected, or have been rejected multiple times, don't take their own actions/choices into account..so they play the blame game.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 PM

178 posts, read 376,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There are an equal amount of man-hating women offenders as there are women-hating men on these boards.
Agreed. Just accept the fact that on these anonymous forums you are going to get some raw feedback regardless if it has any merit.

There are many female posters here that have no problem ripping into a guys character just because he simply states his opinion that they don't like to hear or disagree with for any reason. And recently, I was on the receiving end recently with my posts on the thread asking if women should give their phone number to men when the guy don't ask for it.

I've just concluded that there are a lot of misfits and people with relationship issues on this forum and you just have to read past their post on focus on the good/informative comments.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I don't think you are a women hater, you do ask a lot of questions though..lol...you must have driven your parents crazy when you were at the 'ask questions' stage most kids go through.
Actually not that much. I was curious, and did like to ask 'why', but I didn't constantly ask questions.

My niece, who is 4, constantly asks questions though and is very curious. She reminds me of me though.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I noticed that and I like that. Men and women are not all that different and it really does a disservice to everyone by putting the genders in boxes.
Sometimes you can't please everybody. I say one thing, this corner gets offended, say another...you can't go through life trying to avoid stepping on people's toes. Sometimes, folk will purposely stick out their feet so you step on them so they can cry foul.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
Agreed. Just accept the fact that on these anonymous forums you are going to get some raw feedback regardless if it has any merit.

There are many female posters here that have no problem ripping into a guys character just because he simply states his opinion that they don't like to hear or disagree with for any reason. And recently, I was on the receiving end recently with my posts on the thread asking if women should give their phone number to men when the guy don't ask for it.

I've just concluded that there are a lot of misfits and people with relationship issues on this forum and you just have to read past their post on focus on the good/informative comments.
I agree. There are also loads of people who have no idea WTH they are talking about anyway, so take everything with a grain of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.