Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Blind side is an American football term for hitting or catching someone from their "Blind" side where they don't see you and you get hit unexpectedly.

I've had a few guy friends who have gotten beat on by their women. The 1st time they defend themselves they go to jail for abuse. Definitely a double standard when it comes to physical violence between men & women.
Definitely...this worries me, actually. That's why I pray I don't meet a girl who is too violent/physical. A bit of horseplay is fine: I'm not a strong guy, either, but probably stronger than most women. I generally don't like getting too physical with anybody anyway.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Blind side is an American football term for hitting or catching someone from their "Blind" side where they don't see you and you get hit unexpectedly.

I've had a few guy friends who have gotten beat on by their women. The 1st time they defend themselves they go to jail for abuse. Definitely a double standard when it comes to physical violence between men & women.

We probably need to steer AWAY from this aspect of things. Last time it came up and I started posting FACTS, the thread was shut down immediately. There's some discussion going on here and I'd rather NOT see it closed for BS reasons.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
We probably need to steer AWAY from this aspect of things. Last time it came up and I started posting FACTS, the thread was shut down immediately. There's some discussion going on here and I'd rather NOT see it closed for BS reasons.
Yes, another can of worms. Some will probably bring out a list of stats showing how men are way more likely to hurt their spouses - which everybody knows, but it still doesn't negate the facts. Anyway yes, probably not good to steer off topic too much.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes, another can of worms. Some will probably bring out a list of stats showing how men are way more likely to hurt their spouses - which everybody knows, but it still doesn't negate the facts. Anyway yes, probably not good to steer off topic too much.
I think everyone can agree that no one should be hitting anyone. Lashing out in violence shows a distinct lack of maturity, no matter who does it.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think everyone can agree that no one should be hitting anyone. Lashing out in violence shows a distinct lack of maturity, no matter who does it.
Agreed. Couldn't imagine physically beating my girlfriend/wife. I'm not going to stay with someone who uses violence on me, even in 'fun', if I'm not comfortable with it.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think my post relates to what you believe quite well.
Which post? What do I believe? You know this? It seems this is an invitation to continue a volley. I'm not interested.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Then why do you always hear WOMEN complaining about "where have all the good guys gone!!!". Seems like to me, they're the ones that think their owed a good mate, more than the guys are!
At least on this forum the above statement is usually made by guys. I've always said that there are oodles of great guys out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Which post? What do I believe? You know this? It seems this is an invitation to continue a volley. I'm not interested.
Did you just swallow a handful of no-do's? I know what you believe by reading your posts. It's realistic for you, a man who does not have or intend to have relationships. Pretty simple.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Life is a beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
It's TRUE! The question is...

Do you swim and sunbathe and surf and picnic and throw a ball and cook out?

Or can you only see the sand between your toes and you don't like it?

No one gets a day on the beach without some sand under their nails or in the occasional "wrong" fold of skin; there's just a major difference between those who remember THAT and those who remember a great day at the beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It's funny what goes on in people's heads.
And reading the two comments quoted here above yours, here is what went through mine:

[youtube]WlBiLNN1NhQ[/youtube]

Old 05-11-2012, 02:40 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Did you just swallow a handful of no-do's? I know what you believe by reading your posts. It's realistic for you, a man who does not have or intend to have relationships. Pretty simple.
That is present tense, and prospective future tense. That was not past tense. Again, the married folks playing the "condescending card" on those who are not. Two things: a) your desire to spar probably extends into how you deal with others in your life, or b) this is your "safe place" to spar. Give it a rest, ok?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That is present tense, and prospective future tense. That was not past tense. Again, the married folks playing the "condescending card" on those who are not. Two things: a) your desire to spar probably extends into how you deal with others in your life, or b) this is your "safe place" to spar. Give it a rest, ok?
Not sparring at all. You're being defensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.