Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:04 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
(I noticed somethiing he sent me another email reply i did not even notice it till now from last nite..........he talks about himself but does not mention what he is looking for ............ when I asked him in a email he basically cut and paste a from his profile of what he did not want. lol
Not a sign of a brilliant conversationalist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 06:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
(I noticed somethiing he sent me another email reply i did not even notice it till now from last nite..........he talks about himself but does not mention what he is looking for ............ when I asked him in a email he basically cut and paste a from his profile of what he did not want. lol
That's kind of weird. To me it reads as lazy, which would be surprising for a guy who has two degrees.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:22 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Looks to me like dating by numbers. He doesn't seem interested in devoting time to get to know each other. I guess that's the nature of the online dating game...

Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Not a bad profile at all, but don't you know that if someone says "I don't want any drama", it means that person is full of drama and/or has chip on his/her shoulder ? At least that's what I've heard.

OMG..please people. I dont want drama either, and not because I am full of it. If I were to do the online thing I feel like I should just say what I mean, and someone will appreciate me for the honesty. But, its like you cant know what to say because someone will be sitting back picking apart every word. Oh, she said this..so..it must mean that..blah blah.

It's so frustrating. What the h#ll do you say in these profiles that wont be picked apart? I thought his profile sounded okay. I AM in law enforcement, so i dont have an issue with cops. Behind closed the doors the ego you think they have can really change and they are down to earth. Main problem with male cops is cheating because women love the uniform. Guys that could never get laid throw on that uniform and BAM there is a chick flying to his side. However, at least you know the chances of him being a serial killer are lower.

Look, online sites are just a way for you to 'meet' people. It's just bringing people right to you that maybe you didnt have the chance to meet when you went grocery shopping. Nothing changes about the dating scene. You still have to get to know them, find out what they are about, etc. OP, if you met this same guy while pushing your shopping cart around the store, and he told you the exact same thing..what is the difference? You STILL have to verify all that. You STILL have to get to know him. You have to put the time in to find out what he is about. So, just do that. Talk a few times on the phone, make sure his voice doesnt make the hair on the back of your neck stand up..and then pick a public spot and meet the guy for coffee. If you get bad vibes, or he comes off like a jerk, or you feel no chemistry..then NEXT!

Meeting someone online just brings a prospective date to you easier. It doesnt mean you dont have to put in the time. There are no guarantees whether you meet online or in person. Good luck.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
My post above was about people saying they dont want drama. Now, if someone is writing to you about SEX before they even meet you..well...that's not someone I would even bother meeting. But, that's just me.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:46 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Looks to me like dating by numbers. He doesn't seem interested in devoting time to get to know each other. I guess that's the nature of the online dating game...
No, he doesn't. But we know what he is interested in...

Old 05-11-2012, 11:46 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Directed towards the Op..
I think you are taking a gamble for positive/negative anyway you roll the dice..
A profile is an intro, he did not state anything negative, he stated HIS truth and what he was about.
All my family is in law enforcement so for the poster that stated the comments about over inflated ego's and blah blah blah were based on whatever bad experiences they have had and should be taken with a grain of salt.
Online dating should not be that complicated..Because as good as they look on their profiles ( men and women) texts, phone convos? This in reality is worth nothing until you meet them
If you like him? go in with no expectations other than you are meeting stranger and go from there.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,448 times
The more they say sex or talk about it , the more that is all they have on thier mind. This doesn't sound good.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 AM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times
I met him last night for drinks. He is very good looking even more so in person but his personality and attitude SUXS! He has a very controlling dominant personality and I am a very independent person. When I meet a guy I talk about positive aspects of myself and life in general. He told me how he is so much more better then American men calling Americans fat and lazy, he is in better shape then men younger then him. How he became a Sargent at the Police department how he is boss of dumb American cops who do a lousy job. Then he started bashing his soon to be x wife. I said to him in your profile you said you were divorced and how honest you are........He claims that they are a week away from getting divorced.....

So what i did was I went to the bathroom and asked a friend to text me in a few mins making believe she is locked out and I have her spare key........ So when my friend texted me I told him Im sorry I Have to leave I Have a emergency.....He said to me no problem there are a lot of desperate ******* at the bar.

Now we know why he is single in the biggest little city in the world.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Wow, you guys are so calculated it makes my head hurt. Picking single words as red flags, trying to psychoanalyze someone based on a paragraph they may or may not have written. Never did online dating, but it seems like a total waste of time. I imagine someone engaging in online dating would like to be careful, but this is way beyond anything raitonal or expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships