Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:42 PM

674 posts, read 1,161,726 times

Advertisements

I'm not really into 'dating' anymore. I'm more trying to take the approach of meeting women naturally and hanging out with them and friends and possibly ending up in a relationship if it comes to it. However, there's two girls I seem to really really like right now, but they have boyfriends.

One works with me. She's 24 (I'm 29) and we chat a little bit at least every day. We get along really well and I want to hang out with her but I know she has a boyfriend (she didn't tell me this right away, it kind of spilled out of her once and she seemed like she didn't mean to tell me). We get along well and I think she would be really fun to hang out with. I don't even care if her boyfriends is there, but I don't want her to think I'm coming on to her. I figure my play is to just "stay in the picture" and become good friends with her until her bf gets too jealous and screws himself out of it or she just realizes I'm a better guy.

The other girl is my hair stylist. I've only seen her twice, and I know she has to be friendly for a living, but we had a TON in common. I went to her recently (first time going somewhere other than a cheap haircut place) because I'm in outside sales and I need a professional haircut, and I can afford it. We laughed quite a bit and I've seen her a second time this weekend and we got along real well again. Only difference is she's a couple years older (31) and she LIVES with her boyfriend. He sounds like a tool who's been unemployed for like 2 years and is a part time bike messenger. She seems way too cool to be with a dude like that. What's my play with this girl? How do I get in the picture more with her? She lives with her boyfriend, that's a tough nut to crack I think. Any ideas?

P.S. I could very well just try to hook up with either of these women since there's zero chance of relationship with either right now.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:56 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-turtle View Post
I'm not really into 'dating' anymore. I'm more trying to take the approach of meeting women naturally and hanging out with them and friends and possibly ending up in a relationship if it comes to it. However, there's two girls I seem to really really like right now, but they have boyfriends.
Yeah, I've been down that road before Never a fun thing to find out when you're into a girl...

Quote:
One works with me. She's 24 (I'm 29) and we chat a little bit at least every day. We get along really well and I want to hang out with her but I know she has a boyfriend (she didn't tell me this right away, it kind of spilled out of her once and she seemed like she didn't mean to tell me). We get along well and I think she would be really fun to hang out with. I don't even care if her boyfriends is there, but I don't want her to think I'm coming on to her. I figure my play is to just "stay in the picture" and become good friends with her until her bf gets too jealous and screws himself out of it or she just realizes I'm a better guy.
Well, let's go ahead and take the italicized part with the bolded part:

You don't want him to think that you're coming on to her, but you're primarily willing to hang out and be in the picture to outshine him, or at least swoop in at the right moment.

That happened a few times with my ex fiance, because she was super-hot. I knew what they were up to immediately, and made it clear that I knew, as well as what'd happen to them if they tried to move in. They stopped pretty quickly after that.

Furthermore, let me warn you: it probably won't work. More than likely, you'll end up being her bestest guy friend and like a brother to her, meaning that when they break up, she'll want to cry on your shoulder but will be horrified if you make a move on her.

Quote:
The other girl is my hair stylist. I've only seen her twice, and I know she has to be friendly for a living, but we had a TON in common. I went to her recently (first time going somewhere other than a cheap haircut place) because I'm in outside sales and I need a professional haircut, and I can afford it. We laughed quite a bit and I've seen her a second time this weekend and we got along real well again. Only difference is she's a couple years older (31) and she LIVES with her boyfriend. He sounds like a tool who's been unemployed for like 2 years and is a part time bike messenger. She seems way too cool to be with a dude like that. What's my play with this girl? How do I get in the picture more with her? She lives with her boyfriend, that's a tough nut to crack I think. Any ideas?
I'd say just move on. She may seem way too cool to be with an sporadically-employed bike messenger to you, but, did she give you any indication that she wasn't happy with the dude? It is, like you said, her job to be friendly to her clientele, and flirting with a receptive person is a GREAT way to keep them coming back.

Quote:
P.S. I could very well just try to hook up with either of these women since there's zero chance of relationship with either right now.
You sure about that?

Old 05-20-2012, 10:02 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
i would advise you to keep you own bed instead of jumping to others that seem perfect on the surface.
for many reasons, but mainly the fact if any of these females do "jump ship" they are more then likley to do that same to you once the 2 year bliss wears thin.

be a friend, not a creep sticking around just to get some grab ass.

lets face it. you dont want a relationship, you just want to have your fun on your own terms. you're 29 you should be beyond playing games to get "girlfriends"

Old 05-20-2012, 10:03 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Good luck with that! lol

Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
so now instead of trying to "date"..you want to move in on some guys girl?? hmmm...

Old 05-20-2012, 11:06 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,020 times
Ask them "who was that hottie I saw your boyfriend with the other day, is that his sister or something?"

Old 05-20-2012, 11:11 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,448 times
Lol^^^^^ op , you should try online again.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Well basically, just hit on em and be cool maybe they'll leave their boyfriends, in the meantime find other women to be with and don't waste any time on a girl who isn't completely in to you.

There's billions of nice girls out there, don't waste time on ones that are taken.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:27 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

It sounds like you have ulterior motives with each woman whom you already know are involved in a relationship. I think you should JUST be friends with these women and look for other women to "hook up" or date.
The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence and what you see in public at work is perhaps not even close to what you would see at home. Move on in the romance/hooking up/date department and find someone who is not in a relationship or living with their boyfriend.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
I really like 2 women, but they have boyfriends
As women would say, the best ones are all taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships