Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
I'm confused too
Do you want to look like a guy in those fitness magazines who are 6" tall?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
I have never seen glasses as a minus on anyone, in fact they enhance certain peoples appearance and give them a distinguished look.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jeez, lighten up about the glasses, guys. Two women now have said they like guys with glasses. I think they make him look more approachable. He looks like a potential family man, which is what mature women are looking for. Women don't care as much about these things, it must be a guy thing, to see glasses as an obstacle.

What I do is wear my prescrip. glasses as sunglasses. Then they look cool. In fact, I've been surprised how big, fashionable, women's sunglasses affect men. Some guys get excited at the sight of big sunglasses. It's weird. But...whatever works, I guess.
What matters is the right kind of style on him. Every face is different.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
His face is fine.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 PM

65 posts, read 171,903 times
I am a dude. This is an awesome thread you have going here. I hope the side arguments stop as you clearly are ignoring them as you should.

I showed this to my wife and she says you are not bad. The controllable things she mentioned that you can work on:
- Lose a little weight.
- Try to experiment with your hair. The gelled look excentuates thinning.
- Lose the plaid Walmart look and scrubby t shirt. You look a lot better in the Polo and the dress shirt.

Personally, I have seen guys that are super ugly be chick magnets, and you definitely are not ugly. The other posters are correct that it's more a personality thing. There's nothing wrong with being a nice guy, but there's a big difference between a nice confident guy and a nice unconfident guy. I know it's completely not your style but try looking up some pickup artists like David Deangelo and Paul Janka, just to see some examples of their general confidence.

For physical things, I think your clothing would be such an easy thing to change with a big effect. I think a first impression of a guy in walmart plaid is disqualifying for many women, no matter if they admit it or not. You don't have to spend a lot of money. Even a basic step of replacing your t shirts with polos like the first pic (maybe without the asus logo) is a 1000% improvement. Go to Banana Republic. They have modern, stylish clothes and are relatively cheap. Yes it will be way more than Walmart, but honestly, you can't expect something for nothing.

Guys that get chicks work at it, no matter what you may think. I don't just mean clothes. You have to try to take an interest in things that women find interesting too. This doesn't mean changing wh you are, it means expanding your interests and broadening yourself. Learn about wines, learn how to make interesting people observations, music, etc. I love video games too but I'm never going to have a conversation with my wife about it.

Good luck, I think the consensus is there isn't anything physical holding you back.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:57 PM

227 posts, read 465,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Do you want to look like a guy in those fitness magazines who are 6" tall?

No, not particularly

Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 PM

I still don't honestly what people expect me to do with my poor thinning hair, even if I grown it longer.

Man, didn't think my 2 piece shirts were that out style but then again, I never was one for paying cash to be in "fashion" like everyone else

Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 PM

65 posts, read 171,903 times
One last thing - "Don't be so hard on yourself". At some point I figured out that actually saying that to myself was really really helpful. It's a great way to recover from some confidence-killing moments.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jeez, lighten up about the glasses, guys. Two women now have said they like guys with glasses. I think they make him look more approachable. He looks like a potential family man, which is what mature women are looking for.

Thats my other big issue, I have no desire to have children, so that drops down my potential dating woman pool dramatically im afraid.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluckr7 View Post
One last thing - "Don't be so hard on yourself". At some point I figured out that actually saying that to myself was really really helpful. It's a great way to recover from some confidence-killing moments.

Much, much easier said then done, especially with one like me who's suffered like long battle with OCD and low self esteem. I've been trying with therapy, medication and self help books the past few years, but its still hard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships