Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 11:13 PM

65 posts, read 172,181 times

Advertisements

Keep telling yourself not to be hard on yourself. Everyone has confidence issues, even the studLy guy or hot chick.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,516,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
No, not particularly
How do you want to look like?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:33 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,424,977 times
Quote:
My hair? Well, its stupid genes, nothing I can do about sans spending thousands of dollars for a hair transplant which I don't have the money for. I do keep my top section of my hair longer, around 1.5/2inches long at most times but longer then that, it will start to look weird. I use some hair gel to keep it combed backwards in place. I really dunno what else I could do with what I have sans going with a buzz cut or even bald, which I dont' think I could pull off.

I"m amazed at my recent new cloths arn't up to peoples standards, I wasn't expecting that. I figured I looked decent in my 2 part shirts I got last year wern't bad. Yes, they are Wal-mart but $10 dollars, I wasn't complaining and like I said, I hate spending money for clothes but maybe thats part of my problem. But I never considered it worthwhile to spend money on "brand name" label clothes just to make myself look better in other peoples eyes. Maybe I better strike a balance of looking better and still dressing how I want to I guessss

Im really amazed that my glasses arn't up to peoples standards either, wasn't expecting that at all. I got rave reviews from my gal pal, mom and the gals at the eye glass store when I got them last year that I looked good. I typically wore gunmetal shaded rims, so this time I went for cooper looking ones as they made my blue eyes stand out more, or so said the gals.

Interesting input, I'll take it all under consideration at this point, thanks much
Let's take this one comment at a time to clarify.

I didn't say there is anything wrong with your hair and I don't think you need a hair transplant! All I said is to grow it longer and stop wearing gel. The gel is giving your hair a stiff look that is aging.

So you say your hair starts to look weird if you let it get longer? Try not putting gel in it. The gel could really be the issue for me. And don't comb your hair all backwards either. I find it stiff.

You may be someone with perfectly fine hair who is doing too much to it!

Take the clothing advice for what it is. Some of the photos are more appealing than others. Whether you decide to spend more money is one thing, but I think the solid colors I recommended would look sharper for sure. Your coloring does best in lively colors; nothing washed out. Plaids with a lot of white space aren't really flattering on anyone. If you do wear plaid, try to make it more monochrome (less contrast).

I don't think your glasses are bad at all. I wasn't sure about the shape. I couldn't tell what color they were, but I agree that copper is great with your coloring. So don't worry about the glasses - maybe get an anti-reflective coating put on the lenses. This is minor.

So in summary, lose a little weight, choose the solid colors I recommended, and toss the gel.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:25 AM

227 posts, read 465,787 times
Without gel or even hairspray, my poor thinning hair will be all over the place, then I really will have attraction problems

As far as clothes wardrobe, i'll think about it

Old 06-09-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Without gel or even hairspray, my poor thinning hair will be all over the place, then I really will have attraction problems

As far as clothes wardrobe, i'll think about it
No it wont! It's too short to be "all over the place".

When your hair is thinning, the last thing you want to do is weigh it down with gel. Gel tends to glue strands together which separate and reveal more scalp area.

Without gel, hair is more fluffed and covers more.

Besides, your light hair is never going to look obviously thinning. Someone would have to look at you longer to even know. It's not obvious at all.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:44 AM

BTW, the best photos are the ones at the bottom of pages 1, 2 and 3. Particularly the one at the bottom of page 3.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:53 AM

Gotta go to sleep, but here's one last thought.

I know you're feeling resistant to changing up your wardrobe, but did you notice that in all the photos you posted of women you're attracted to, they're all wearing flattering eye-catching clothes?

You can't ask from women what you aren't willing to give yourself. That's a pet peeve a lot of women have about some men. Most men don't even realize they do this.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 AM

417 posts, read 825,926 times
Dye your hair orange and grow a Mohawk. That will attract all sorts of interesting individuals.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:42 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,781,903 times
You look fine, don't stress out, there is a girl out there for you.

As for not wanting children, I never wanted them either...had no trouble finding a man, there are many professional women who don't want children!

Old 06-09-2012, 05:56 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,413,404 times
I ain't reading all 9 pages here. But dude, I will tell you the following:

1) You're not my type, so I don't wanna rip your clothes off. That said, you're firmly in the normal range of attractiveness. I wouldn't stress about it too much. In fact, stressing about your appearance and getting obsessed with it will drive women away, more likely than not. As long as you make an effort and it shows, women will appreciate it.

2) As someone who has a few mental quirks of my own, I would say definitely work on the OCD. That's probably what's holding you back more than anything.

3) It would never occur to the men that I date to post a query on a chat board about their appearance. Know why? Because they don't give a [insert Jersey-accented expletive here]. I'm not saying you shouldn't give a **** about anything, but I'd shy away from any guy who worried about being judged on superficial qualities. However, I suspect this is rooted in your OCD, so like I said before - get that dealt with. A friend of mine had the same issue, got his OCD under control and is currently in a committed relationship with a lovely woman and very happy. However it only happened AFTER he dealt with his issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships