Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 03:27 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Although, after I read that I did realize that I dated one guy who made a bit more than I did (around 70k to my 50k at the time) but he was a complete jerk and broke it off with me because I got my lip pierced. He also told me I was too tall for him, and he was 9" taller than me. So, all around not a great guy.
Hahaha wtf? I don't see how there are so many people out there like this who exist..

Old 06-09-2012, 03:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Women love lazy men.
Now this is a lie.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:32 PM

227 posts, read 465,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You have a very nice face. I'm not crazy about your choice of hairstyles however.

20yrsinbranson

As I stated several times but no one has really responded what I should actually do different with my thinning hair other then just grow it longer on top so if you have a suggestion, lay it out.

I didn't even get the good hair genes from my grandfather, so I basically got screwed on all the genes that equate to hot looks compared to other guys, so I have to work with what I have.

Amazing this thread has turned into a more positive and enlightening experience then I thought I would along with some good discussion. I just got back from the gym and in the coming weeks, i'll look into getting some nicer shirts and new shorts for myself with help from my sister and gal pal.

I'll try to get myself to stay a constant 2-3 times gym visits a week and monitor my late night intake more. To lose around 10-15 more pounds would make be pretty happy and would put me close to the 200 pound mark.

The glasses stay though, sorry Contacts go in though when im going out or driving around, then I can wear the shades

Thanks for encoureagment, especially from the ladies I already feel a bit more confident, now its just a matter of maintaining it with my OCD and trying to get out more of my shy bubble. Sucky thing about my town, too many college gals that are either too young for me or are to busy with other things and are moving away for work, so its proving difficult for me nearing 32 bachelor to find gals in my particular "content and happy" work and life stage. Hence why i've though about moving to Portland for awhile for both change of scenery and more ladies to meet, but that presents its own challenges, pro's and cons that im still debating on

But because the ladies actually seem taken for my eyes and lack of glasses, i'll appease you with another pic of me in Downtown Disney in Florida last year

Last edited by 1ceTr0n; 06-09-2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 03:32 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
I said 'made', not 'received'. I've never made a lot of money, but always been comfortable. I don't choose guys based on their pocketbook and I've always been attracted to men with a lot of ambition. Usually, that means guys in school or working to start their own business which means not a lot of money.

Although, after I read that I did realize that I dated one guy who made a bit more than I did (around 70k to my 50k at the time) but he was a complete jerk and broke it off with me because I got my lip pierced. He also told me I was too tall for him, and he was 9" taller than me. So, all around not a great guy.
I might have broke off with you too over that. I don't like the look, and I know that piercing your tongue is dangerous because it leads to heart problems because bacteria can now enter your bloodstream.

The bottom line is that the human body is a closed system; it's not meant to be permanently pierced.

"Body piercing poses a risk for serious disease. Because it invades subcutaneous areas, piercing has a high potential for infectious complications. Such complications result from introduction of skin or mucous membrane microflora into subcutaneous tissue or from the ongoing presence of colonies of these microflora at the piercing site."

Haemophilus aphrophilus Endocarditis after Tongue Piercing - Vol. 8 No. 8 - August 2002 - Emerging Infectious Disease journal - CDC
Oral (Lip and Tongue) Piercings: Risks, Home Care, and More

Old 06-09-2012, 03:38 PM

I"ll have to concur with Cali on this one. I dislike peircings anywhere but the ears and maybe tummy. Small nose gem peircings look cute though. Tounge, lip, nose and eyebrows rings are turnoffs in my book, nipples especially. Large tattoo's are also a big turnoff. But thats just me

Old 06-09-2012, 03:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I might have broke off with you too over that. I don't like the look, and I know that piercing your tongue is dangerous because it leads to heart problems because bacteria can now enter your bloodstream.

The bottom line is that the human body is a closed system; it's not meant to be permanently pierced.

"Body piercing poses a risk for serious disease. Because it invades subcutaneous areas, piercing has a high potential for infectious complications. Such complications result from introduction of skin or mucous membrane microflora into subcutaneous tissue or from the ongoing presence of colonies of these microflora at the piercing site."

Haemophilus aphrophilus Endocarditis after Tongue Piercing - Vol. 8 No. 8 - August 2002 - Emerging Infectious Disease journal - CDC
Oral (Lip and Tongue) Piercings: Risks, Home Care, and More
Well, I never got my tongue pierced....you know there is a difference between tongue and lip, right?

Everything we do poses a risk for serious disease, and the only people I've known who have received a disease from a piercing didn't take care of it and it got infected. I can't think of a single person off the top of my head that has a piercing that caused a serious complication if they got it done by a reputable piercer, with sterile instruments and took care of it.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:39 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,816,044 times
I think you're cute just as you are, but I question your taste in cocktails.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
I"ll have to concur with Cali on this one. I dislike peircings anywhere but the ears and maybe tummy. Tounge, lip and eyebrows are turnoffs in my book, nipples especially. But thats just me
No worries, I also read that you hate tattoos as well, everyone has preferences.

Personally, I think men with well done, professional tattoos and a few piercings are RIDICULOUSLY hot and have always been drawn to them. I don't have any piercings anymore, but I do miss them.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I think you're cute just as you are, but I question your taste in cocktails.

Lol, I was on a big vacation, I was having stuff I've never tried before, so cut me some slack for a non bar scene guy Hell, I dunno the difference between a wet and a dry margurita, so that shows how much I do the club drinking scene.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:44 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
you know there is a difference between tongue and lip, right?
Location right?

Quote:
Everything we do poses a risk for serious disease, and the only people I've known who have received a disease from a piercing didn't take care of it and it got infected. I can't think of a single person off the top of my head that has a piercing that caused a serious complication if they got it done by a reputable piercer, with sterile instruments and took care of it.
Your points are noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships