Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Well, it depends on the situation. Like at the supermarket or on the street, they don't like being approached by random guys - unless you are really attractive, chances are they'll think you are a creep or a rapist. Seriously, mind your own business and only approach when its appropriate.
And that flies straight into the face of the advice from others who say 'just go ahead and approach' wherever you are.

Sometimes I just don't know what to think when it comes to people... well, I know this: it's best to just not do anything. Like I've said before... if women want me they know where to find me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 11:58 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
And that flies straight into the face of the advice from others who say 'just go ahead and approach' wherever you are.

Sometimes I just don't know what to think when it comes to people... well, I know this: it's best to just not do anything. Like I've said before... if women want me they know where to find me.
I just don't understand what some guys are thinking....who goes to a grocery store with the mindset to pick up women? To me that comes off as creepy.

In fact I know a WOMAN who picks up guys at a convenience store, she's creepy as hell.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
I just don't understand what some guys are thinking....who goes to a grocery store with the mindset to pick up women? To me that comes off as creepy.

In fact I know a WOMAN who picks up guys at a convenience store, she's creepy as hell.
nonsense. Any place on this globe, is a perfect place to approach women. 99.9% of them find it flattering, regardless if they are interested or not. Most also find it attractive if a guy can take a rejection well. If we were confined to only few places where men could apporach women, this civilization would cease to exist. Its the most natural thing for a man to do and is very much a necessity. stop giving nonsensical advice.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
nonsense. Any place on this globe, is a perfect place to approach women. 99.9% of them find it flattering, regardless if they are interested or not. Most also find it attractive if a guy can take a rejection well. If we were confined to only few places where men could apporach women, this civilization would cease to exist. Its the most natural thing for a man to do and is very much a necessity. stop giving nonsensical advice.
Never understood that one. Why would it matter how the guy takes the rejection... it's over, he doesn't have a chance so what difference does it make?

Old 06-22-2012, 12:21 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Well, it depends on the situation. Like at the supermarket or on the street, they don't like being approached by random guys - unless you are really attractive, chances are they'll think you are a creep or a rapist. Seriously, mind your own business and only approach when its appropriate.
This isn't what women here are saying. I've met a couple of really nice guys at the grocery store, and I appreciate people being friendly on the street.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Several guys on this forum have posted they chat up women at the grocery store. It's one way to meet women. A lot of people say it's better to meet women in person than on a website, so how/where are you going to meet them if you don't talk to the women who cross your path every day? Not everyone's into the bar or club scene. Aside from hobby groups, meetups, etc., this is one way men and women meet.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:30 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
I don't think it has to do with specifically going to the grocery store to pick up women. It's recognizing an opportunity while you're at the grocery store. You see someone you're interested in, you help her get the box of rice off the top shelf and chat a bit, and maybe she gives you her number, or maybe she tells you she's married. You're not prowling the aisles looking for targets.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:28 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
A woman is always going to be wary initially when a stranger suddenly talks to them. It really doesn't matter whether it is a library, grocery store, etc. A guy should just observe discreetly for a while before approaching. You want to make it as if she doesn't even realize you are hitting on her initially. This makes it less creepy,threatening.

If she is at the library reading or looking for a book, try to see what the book is about. You can start by asking her about the book or subject she is reading...then go from there. If she is at the grocery store looking for wine, ask her what she recommends and other things about food, etc....then go from there. I usually will compliment on something physically about her if we are in the beauty section(hair care, hygiene, etc. shelves) of a store, but normally i would just start conversation relevant to what she is doing at the time. I want to give her control and let her be comfortable. I would make it all about her and let her do the talking unless she asks me about my opinions or interests.

Good to have your IPhone with you too. So you can look up topics that you have no clue on. If she is in the fertilizer section of Home Depot, then i would look up online right then and there whether i can ask her if Scotts or Vigoro is better....then go from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I usually hate it because it's a**holes street harrassing and shouting at me . I have never dated a stranger off the street. Maybe one day when one I'm actually interested approaches me
LOL.....you must hate the New York male mating method...

Last edited by JL; 06-22-2012 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-22-2012, 04:06 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,851 times
Quote:

Creepy guys are going to act creepy, normal guys won't, regardless of the environment or situation.

You have a much higher chance of meeting a normal girl at the grocery store than you do at a club. The mindset isn't "I'm going to this place to pick up chicks", more like "here is an opportunity I am going to pursue". That's not creepy whatsoever. It's certainly *easier* to meet women in bars and clubs and at parties (as they're usually in that mindset), but it's not that difficult to meet them anywhere else. You say hello, either they're interested or they're not, done. You make it sound like normal human interaction is somehow misplaced...unfortunately, that line of thinking is why people lack social skills and resort to internet dating. They literally do not know how to just talk to someone they just met.

Never ever pass up an opportunity and you'll always get exactly what you want.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:09 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
You want to make it as if she doesn't even realize you are hitting on her initially. This makes it less creepy,threatening.
Women aren't idiots; they know any man randomly starting a conversation with her wants to ****. All you have to do is demonstrate that you're interested in something besides sex (but including that, too, unless you want to get friend-zoned). That's basically it. Talk to them like they're people.

Some women are going to think you're creepy or threatening no matter what, but who cares? They obviously have mental issues. Normal chicks will react negatively or positively depending on their interest level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships