Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times

Advertisements

Lotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 AM

3,936 posts, read 6,854,326 times
"If you want something you have never gotten, you must do something you have never done."

In this case, its more about wanting something you dont have, regardless the point is the same! YOU MUST do something you have never done. What does that mean? I suggest you join an intramural league or some sort of sports league. Volunteer your time at an animal shelter. Become a YES man. Do things you normally wouldn't do. All of the above is the actions I took when I was going through my dry spell. Guess what happened? I got a girlfriend. Now I am slowly thinking about letting her go because I am too busy having fun doing other things.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:59 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,990,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
bars and clubs are awful places to meet women, i'm not sure why people think they are great, maybe cause there are a bunch of attractive women and alcohol involved but not many women want to meet guys at a bar. Get involved in activities.. a lot less pressure
This. When I meet men at the club it never turns into anything serious. And we actually lose contact. Which may be a good thing. This isn't a good suggestion, whomever suggested it..

Old 06-22-2012, 11:48 AM

44 posts, read 75,997 times
Quote:
bars and clubs are awful places to meet women, i'm not sure why people think they are great, maybe cause there are a bunch of attractive women and alcohol involved but not many women want to meet guys at a bar. Get involved in activities.. a lot less pressure
I've met GREAT girls at clubs/bars, whatever you want to call it -- the place where dancing & drinking happens (i use the term interchangeably)... Be selective though... Great people go to those places. Don't be like every other guy there, who's there to get his drink on and plug any willing hole.

Clubs are admittedly better though.. Find something you're in to, hit it up. Orlando says your location....If you can't find a girl in a city that big, well......

Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,402,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsnez View Post
I've met GREAT girls at clubs/bars, whatever you want to call it -- the place where dancing & drinking happens (i use the term interchangeably)... Be selective though... Great people go to those places. Don't be like every other guy there, who's there to get his drink on and plug any willing hole.

Clubs are admittedly better though.. Find something you're in to, hit it up. Orlando says your location....If you can't find a girl in a city that big, well......
no ones saying only crappy people go to bars and clubs.. we are saying that bars and clubs arent places to meet people looking for relationships. Usually the music is too loud.. people have their shields up. I'm not saying its impossible.. im just saying its less likely

Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 PM

17,647 posts, read 22,673,325 times
Take a country western dancing/line dance class. After you finish the class frequent places that have country music/dance floor.

Learn how to dance to other types of music. It's all good,

Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,017,944 times
If you're just looking to get laid, go to a bar and find a drunk woman to hit on. Other than that, go to craigs list or something.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM

102,237 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Take a country western dancing/line dance class. After you finish the class frequent places that have country music/dance floor.

Learn how to dance to other types of music. It's all good,
This is a great idea! Take salsa dancing classes.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 PM

102,237 posts, read 108,130,790 times
Quote:
we are saying that bars and clubs arent places to meet people looking for relationships. Usually the music is too loud.. people have their shields up. I'm not saying its impossible.. im just saying its less likely
They do? Why? Don't most people go to clubs to socialize, or is it just about listening to music with one's friends? The single guys seem to go to meet women, but if women aren't there to socialize, and "have their shields up", it sounds like the guys have misguided expectations.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:36 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,903,985 times
the quickest way to get out of a dry spell is to just lower your standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships