Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It isn't just my conclusion, he told me yesterday he had a girlfriend when I asked if he was going to crawl all over her like the other guys are, and today he told me he was going to try and "hook-up" with her. Pretty black and white.
Pretty black and white to you...but you didn't mention that in your original post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Why not just ask the guy how his girlfriend is when he's talking to her so she'll get the hint and just get to know her better.
Never even gave that so much as a thought! Sometimes the most obvious answer is right under a persons nose. So whats everyone think of this idea? Good? Bad? You know, just kinda bring it up all innocent like......

I'll go up to him while he's talking to her, join in the conversation, wait for some kind of lull, and say " so hows your girlfriend been man, what was her name again?" Sounds like a plan. Maybe I could even recruit one of the older guys who work there to do this for me, keep my hands clean all the way around.

{ this all seems kind of middle schoolish but I honestly don't care. I think I'll do it for the lulz if for no other reason }

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-26-2012 at 11:29 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Never even gave that so much as a thought! Sometimes the most obvious answer is right under a persons nose. So whats everyone think of this idea? Good? Bad? You know, just kinda bring it up all innocent like......

I'll go up to him while he's talking to her, join in the conversation, wait for some kind of lull, and say " so hows your girlfriend been man, what was her name again?" Sounds like a plan. Maybe I could even recruit one of the older guys who work there to do this for me, keep my hands clean all the way around.

{ this all seems kind of middle schoolish but I honestly don't care. I think I'll do it for the lulz if for no other reason }
I think you trying to cut someone else down is going to backfire because she is going to read between the lines, no matter how you do it. You are going to make yourself look like a jealous school-boy desperate to win her over.

Why not just leave her alone to do her job.

This whole situation doesn't seem middle schoolish...it IS!

Just be friendly, and give her time to get acclimated to her new environment and her new job.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Shoving a piece of paper in her face stating all the guys are losers is a sure way to get tossed in the trashcan, it's a bit passive aggressive as well, like you expect her to call you. You need to chill out. Its like you are in a race to the bottom. It's been 5 days. Try making eye contact and go from there.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Be friendly, like you said. She probably can't tell you guys apart yet and it's way too early for her to "date" any of you, if at all. Usually I like the smart, helpful guys who have quiet confidence.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,550 times
Quote:
yes it's only been five days, but her beauty is intoxicating and
...or you could say "screw it" to writing the note, and write a best seller on the shallowness of men

Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
I didn't read all the follow up posts, but from the first post here's my response:

Play it cool. Don't do anything. Ignore her for the time being.

Now all these women are probably saying to just tell her how you feel and ask her on a date and let her decide. I say eff that. If a girl gets a lot of attention in life she'll come to expect it. Be different. Be the guy that DOESN'T chase her. Don't approach her. If you happen to work with her or are talking with her, be funny, joke around with her, then walk away. She'll wonder why you're not like all the other guys drooling over her.

If she wants the dbag who cheats on his girlfriend than that's her mistake to live with and she'll suffer the consequences. It's out of your control at that point.

Otherwise, slowly be funny around her, act like you have a careless but humored approach to life. If there are ANY other girls where you work, attractive or not, talk to them in front of her. If you talk to other girls that are even half as good looking as this girl, she'll wonder why you're not hitting on her. These girls at your age aren't exactly intelligent and you'll have to build her interest in you and get in her head.

Act like every other guy or make a strong move like giving her your number will only make you lose. If you have a chance with her at all it will be with this approach. Take your time, make her laugh, flirt a little, but always be the one to walk away and never ask her out. If she's interested she'll find a way to let you know because what you're doing will have her confused and interested in you. Do NOT do her favors, do NOT tell her how you feel, do NOT "go for broke" and ask her out or give her your number with some stupid message about how the other guy is a dbag and you're better.

Best of luck!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:05 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Wow. Does this workplace have NO sexual harrassment policy at all? You guys are acting like a pack of horny wolves. I hope someone gets reported so there is at least ONE standard of professional behaviour being demonstrated.

Do the woman a favour and leave her in peace, please!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:26 AM

200 posts, read 565,285 times
I vote no-go on the note.

I am a not so-bad-looking-female in a mostly male work environment. The original note sounded a bit hostile, and that would scare me and make me avoid you.

Give it time. Get it set in your mind to impress her with your work ethic. If you are doing well at work and are getting noticed for it, than most likely she will come to you more for work related information, which also leaves more opportunity for non-work related converstation.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:31 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
God, let the poor girl work in peace. And I say this as someone who met her SO at work.

There's nothing wrong (well, usually) with an office romance blossoming, but bombarding a woman none of you really know just because she's pretty and the office well has been dry until now is rude, unprofessional and sleazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships