Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times

Advertisements

Why is it that perfectly normal, nice girls have a terrible time getting the man of their dreams? Why would being a nice girl be a turn off to guys? What makes a guy run the other way when it comes to a nice girl? Even though guys can be turned on by nice women, certain things that they do will turn off a guy in a flash. Here are some of the things that guys have problems with about nice girls.
Are guys turned off if you are too agreeable?
First of all, being a nice woman isn't a terrible thing. If you make life too easy for a guy by being too nice guys have a problem with it. Agreeing with everything he says is very boring to a guy. He would like an argument sometimes and have you prove your point. If each party gives their opinion it creates a great conversation and guys enjoy the bantering. Men tend to gravitate to the woman who speaks their mind even though it doesn't agree with his point of view.
Nice girls are not a challenge anymore and this will turn him off. He knows that you will just agree with him no matter what he says so why should he continue to make an effort to bait you with his opinions.
Are guys turned off if you always allow him to be in control?
If he is in full control of the relationship the attraction will not stay. To make a relationship interesting the power struggle is the fun part. If you take as much as you give the relationship will grow. Giving in and letting him control everything will just make you frustrated and him bored to tears.
Are guys turned off when you are too patient?
You cannot let your guy walk all over you. If he messes up and you allow him to get away with it he will continue to make the same mistakes over and over. You have to let them know what they are doing wrong. If you put up with his screwing up like not showing up when he's supposed to or not calling when he said he would, he knows that you will not make a fuss so in his mind it's ok to continue doing these things. Nice girls tend to not want to make waves but putting up with this nonsense is a big turn off for him.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2254596

I dunno I think many of us turn mean. lol

Do you think men only like witches? Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
While men are very visual creatures, and therefore look for women they find physically attractive, women should know that what can really hook a man is the way you make him feel.

Witchy women don't normally know how to treat a man in a way that will make him feel great, know what I mean?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
While men are very visual creatures, and therefore look for women they find physically attractive, women should know that what can really hook a man is the way you make him feel.
You can take that to the bank. Plenty of people never ever grasp this...but once you do, it's kind of like taking the blurry glasses off.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You can take that to the bank. Plenty of people never ever grasp this...but once you do, it's kind of like taking the blurry glasses off.
Thanks

There are so many lessons like this I wish some of the young women here would take to heart!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:

Witchy women don't normally know how to treat a man in a way that will make him feel great, know what I mean?
Very true.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:

But if he's not physically attracted to you in the first place, there is nothing you can do to make him 'feel' like he wants you.

It's the sad truth. I've had a bunch of guys tell me they adored me and would date me in a heartbeat if I was a bit more physically attractive. The last guy I went on a date with told me 'You're amazing and would make an awesome girlfriend...but you're just too tall for me, sorry'. He was 6'5, btw.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:11 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
But if he's not physically attracted to you in the first place, there is nothing you can do to make him 'feel' like he wants you.

This. You can be the sweetest girl in the world with the best personality. If I'm not physically attracted to you, then it doesn't matter.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
It's the sad truth. I've had a bunch of guys tell me they adored me and would date me in a heartbeat if I was a bit more physically attractive. The last guy I went on a date with told me 'You're amazing and would make an awesome girlfriend...but you're just too tall for me, sorry'. He was 6'5, btw.
I don't know how you manage to go on with life. This is unbelievable. That guy was an idiot. You're right, it must be something about the culture where you live. I'm looking forward to hearing from you after you've been in Calif. awhile.

I had the impression you were tall, but shapely. What more do they want? Jeez!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:16 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
Quote:

I can only speak for myself, but it's not true for me.

I would go for a woman that I found physically unattractive if she were really cool. Because if she were, I'd imagine I'd find her attractive.

Never mind the fact that there are few women in my age group (and much younger ) that I find truly physically unattractive.

Then again, I'm not exactly a hot commodity. Oh well.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't know how you manage to go on with life. This is unbelievable. That guy was an idiot. You're right, it must be something about the culture where you live. I'm looking forward to hearing from you after you've been in Calif. awhile.

I had the impression you were tall, but shapely. What more do they want? Jeez!
Oh, I'm already living in California, just moving from the central coast where I grew up

I manage, I have a beautiful Cessna 182 that keeps me occupied and my friends and family of course Constant rejection gets old, which is why I've simply stopped caring about dating. It's made my life surprisingly easier and I don't have to do my hair or worry about makeup or what clothes to wear anymore

The guys I meet want small, super thin girls that have no ambition, apparently. My girlfriends have no issues getting dates and they're all broke, working dead end retail jobs and have no education. I really can't wait to get out of here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships