Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,688,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post

Why is everyone telling me to just give up and except my inferior status in society? Just be dark and always second best is not what I am going to settle for. I wont give up. I plan on bleaching my skin to get very light so I can have the same benefits. I can marry a rich lawyer or doctor if I find the dermatologist who can give me a powerful whitening cream who will make me white all over. There's an African lady who did this and she got very light, however I don't know what doctor she went to.
Because if you lighten your skin, you still aren't going to get the men you want. So you may as well make do with what you have now. Right now you plan to go through all of this effort to get lighter, but you will feel even worse when those men you want still don't want your lighter self and continue to gravitate towards your cousin. No matter what you do, you will never be as pretty as your cousin. It isn't going to happen.Then men you want are out of your league and always will be.

You aren't a 10, you are average. You will always be average. You are like the rest of us on this thread. The rest of us have come to accept our status as average people and are happily living our average lives. We can't all be the best. We can't all be #1. Life isn't a kindergarten track meet in which everyone gets a prize. As soon as you accept it, your life and dating prospects will improve. You will never be the hottest, so you may as well try for the smartest, or the funniest, or the kindest... right now you are #1 in the bitter category and that isn't doing you any favors.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,560,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Just read all 21 pages of it. The OP is the one keeping the thread going. If you read the posts by the non-black members, you'll see that we're actually disagreeing with her feeling that darker skinned black women are not as attractive to black men as the lighter skinned ones.

And as a black woman, what is your opinion on nyanna's belief that her dark skin colouring makes her an inferior black woman? Do you agree or disagree with her? Are lighter skinned black women more beautiful that dark skinned black women? And should she seek treatment to lighten the tone of her skin???

As a black woman, you should be trying to help her out, instead of criticizing the non-black members posting in this thread.
Actually miu, I was not critizing "non-Black" posters in my comment...you simply made that assumption.

Read my previous post#210 for an answer to your other question.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:29 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,688,514 times
Quote:
The right skin tone can make a world of difference in how attractive people perceive you to be.

I see average looking lightskin girls who are able to date the more attractive and popular guys all the time. However if you are an average darkskin woman, its not that easy, you have to be exceptionally good looking to get the type of men that average looking lightskin women get with no effort.

Again, I am not just going to suck it up as just life. I feel that I am entitled to the same type of good looking and successful men that average and good looking lightskin women can get. My features are not bad, and I have an okay shape, i just need to be the right skin tone. I have been researching and trying to find a dermatology clinic who has experience with skin whitening, I want to lighten several shades. I am pretty confident that if i were to get to Rihanna's color I will have a much more successful dating life. I am determined and I will prove everybody wrong.
You aren't entitled to anything. No one is.

And guess what? As you pine for those "good looking and successful men" who shun you because you aren't attractive enough, you yourself are shunning men you don't find attractive enough. You can dish out shallow treatment but you can't handle it when you are on the receiving end. You need to learn how to date within your own league.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,818,003 times
Quote:
The right skin tone can make a world of difference in how attractive people perceive you to be.

I see average looking lightskin girls who are able to date the more attractive and popular guys all the time. However if you are an average darkskin woman, its not that easy, you have to be exceptionally good looking to get the type of men that average looking lightskin women get with no effort.

Again, I am not just going to suck it up as just life. I feel that I am entitled to the same type of good looking and successful men that average and good looking lightskin women can get. My features are not bad, and I have an okay shape, i just need to be the right skin tone. I have been researching and trying to find a dermatology clinic who has experience with skin whitening, I want to lighten several shades. I am pretty confident that if i were to get to Rihanna's color I will have a much more successful dating life. I am determined and I will prove everybody wrong.

You know, that entitlement mentality might just be at the heart of your trouble. Food for thought...

Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,511,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You need to learn how to date within your own league.

Only problem is she feels the very rich or very good looking are in her league.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,125,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Are you really that daft?

Michelle Obama, the First Lady of the United States of America is married to the most powerful man in the world....and she is a dark skinned woman

One of the wealthiest women in America is Oprah Winfrey....a dark skinned woman

Gabrielle Union (girlfriend of NBA start Dwayne Wade)
Kerry Washington
Iman (married to David Bowie)
Naomi Campbell (her boyfriend is a Russian billionaire)

etc, etc, etc.

Your problem can not be solved in a bottle of bleach or a cosmetic surgeon/dermatologist's office. Your ugliness is on the inside. Seek help. You are a very sick young woman. Very sick.
I don't care about those few exceptions you listed. Where I live most black men heavily pursue lighter skinned women. I've talked to black guys who say that lighter women are more attractive all the time. I've heard it so much that its hard for me to think any differently

Old 07-08-2012, 12:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,125,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Because if you lighten your skin, you still aren't going to get the men you want. So you may as well make do with what you have now. Right now you plan to go through all of this effort to get lighter, but you will feel even worse when those men you want still don't want your lighter self and continue to gravitate towards your cousin. No matter what you do, you will never be as pretty as your cousin. It isn't going to happen.Then men you want are out of your league and always will be.
I know i will get the men that i want because most of them want women of a certain hue. You are saying that I will never be as attractive as my cousin when you have never seen me or her before. Her actual features are not that great, so I know that if I get to her color I will look just as good if not better. I am not going to sit here and listen to you tell me I will never be as pretty as her, when you have never even seen either one of us before.

Quote:
You aren't a 10, you are average. You will always be average. You are like the rest of us on this thread. The rest of us have come to accept our status as average people and are happily living our average lives. We can't all be the best. We can't all be #1. Life isn't a kindergarten track meet in which everyone gets a prize. As soon as you accept it, your life and dating prospects will improve. You will never be the hottest, so you may as well try for the smartest, or the funniest, or the kindest... right now you are #1 in the bitter category and that isn't doing you any favors.
You're right, everybody can't be the best, but i certainly don't have to join you. Nor believe any of this garbage you are feeding me. I know my potential

Old 07-08-2012, 12:42 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,798,419 times
Quote:
I don't care about those few exceptions you listed. Where I live most black men heavily pursue lighter skinned women. I've talked to black guys who say that lighter women are more attractive all the time. I've heard it so much that its hard for me to think any differently
Dammit, move somewhere else then! I can attest many a dark-skinned females in both Louisville and DC still manage to get good men.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:44 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,471,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Dammit, move somewhere else then! I can attest many a dark-skinned females in both Louisville and DC still manage to get good men.
Meh. It looks like blaming your geographical area has become the excuse du jour why people can't find anybody. I can't wait to see what the excuses will be this fall.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,798,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
It happens with a lot of threads. The problem with this thread is with the OP. Her problems are far deeper than the fact that she resents lighter skinned women.
Yeah, if she manages to lighten her skin to (her) suitable tone, good men are going to bounce anyway once they find out her internal issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships