Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 07:45 AM

8 posts, read 4,817 times

Advertisements

I like this girl and I think she knows. We live in a dorm and she’s my neighbor.
I’ve had good chats with her out at the pub and I really felt she enjoyed talking to me. She seemed to like it when I put my arm around her shoulder.
One night I messaged her “Did you get back safely hun? Just making sure.” She replied the next morning “I did! Thanks for checking up on me.”
One time, she came in my room asking how she looked and used my mirror for a bit.
One night, I told her that I've knocked on her door a couple of times for a chat and she told me to message her if there’s no answer.
I messaged her one night. “Feel like company for a bit?” She replied in the morning, “Sorry Nick. I was fast asleep when you sent this.” (She was).
I messaged her one night asking what she's up to. She said she got back from work and was chilling in her friends room. I asked her to come chat if she wanted to. She ended up coming for a second, but not sure if she did because she saw my fb message. She said "Hey. I'm exhausted. Fell asleep in my friend's room. What are you doing for the weekend." I said Dunno. There's no more football. It's gonna be horrible". She said "yeah. Nothing on tv too. I'm going home tomorrow, but back Sunday." We just said night.

One time I saw her as she was going in her room. We had a good 5 min social chat. During the talk, she either used her hand to keep her door open or me using my foot. She didn't smile, but did make eye contact. I put my hand against the wall to lean on and her eyes opened wider a little for a second.
I saw her at the pub the other night. I was sitting down chatting. When she walked past me, I gave her a big wave. She took a quick look at me and continued walking while giving me a little wave that wasn't really a wave. I realized she was probably busy because when I looked at where she was going, she was actually comforting a friend. After that, she walked round the back of the bar while looking in my direction for a couple of seconds. There was no expression on her face.

I was at the pub a few nights ago and we were kind of avoiding each other I think. I know I was. I looked at her one time when her group was near me. She was facing me, but her eyes were looking down. Not her head, just her eyes. Then towards the end of the night, out of the blue, she rubbed my shoulder and said bye and walked off. I looked behind me slowly and saw her waving at me while walking and I waved back. She gave me a kind of sorry/sad look too as she waved.
One final thing. I run a radio show at the uni, and I made a segment called love song dedications. Yesterday I ran a survey for people to dedicate a song to someone if they want. I had no idea she would contribute. She dedicated the song "Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. She wrote "For putting in a lot of effort into the dorm and making me feel welcomed".
I was walking into my room and my other neighbour (who's also female) yelled out hi. Then i heard the neighbour talk about me because I'm sure I heard my name and my crush's name being said. I didn't really hear what was said, except the neighbour saying this sentence clearly. "How can you fall in love with someone that's not your type".
Based on that last part, I should move on, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 07:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Ask her out on a proper date.

Then you'll know.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:51 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,335,726 times
Nick, want to know why you're hopeless? You (and so many others that post on this forum) worry about the details way too much. Just enjoy a person's company and don't get caught up worrying about the little things. Relationships worth having will happen spontaneously and when they are least expected. Just the fact that you wrote this very lengthy post over a girl that is at best an acquaintance in your life tells me you are a hot mess. Calm down.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 AM

8 posts, read 4,817 times
The other night, when she was with a couple of my mates and her mates they were talking about the dorm. Apparently she said, "Nick's always in his room every time I come back from work to the dorm." What do you make of that?

Old 10-18-2017, 07:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelessnick View Post
The other night, when she was with a couple of my mates and her mates they were talking about the dorm. Apparently she said, "Nick's always in his room every time I come back from work to the dorm." What do you make of that?
I have no idea. But this kind of useless speculation is not going to help get you out of your hopelessness.

Either ask her out or don't. If you don't directly ask your question, you will not get a definitive answer.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:56 AM

17 posts, read 11,102 times
I agree with the two answers above! Don't worry about every little detail. Just ask her out and spend more time together. Then you will find out eventually. And don't worry about that sentence you overheard. Give it a try and try to relax! Good luck and if you ask her on a date then don't forget to tell us how it went!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,217,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Nick, want to know why you're hopeless? You (and so many others that post on this forum) worry about the details way too much. Just enjoy a person's company and don't get caught up worrying about the little things. Relationships worth having will happen spontaneously and when they are least expected. Just the fact that you wrote this very lengthy post over a girl that is at best an acquaintance in your life tells me you are a hot mess. Calm down.
Agree, as a 29 year old guy who believes in personal development, both for professional and romantic reasons, I've learned not to become so fixated on the girl, even if she is the only one in my life. I think it's important to remain somewhat indifferent towards a girl. That does not mean be an ass.

But thinking this much into things just takes the fun out of things, seriously!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:09 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Agree, as a 29 year old guy who believes in personal development, both for professional and romantic reasons, I've learned not to become so fixated on the girl, even if she is the only one in my life. I think it's important to remain somewhat indifferent towards a girl. That does not mean be an ass.

But thinking this much into things just takes the fun out of things, seriously!

I agree with this...kinda.

I also agree with the others, to just ask her out. But make it a casual thing. If it's over, and she's lost interest...she won't go.

If she's still interested, she'll go.

But DO try to relax over it all. You're young, and ruminating and stewing on the opposite sex, and what it all means, comes pretty naturally. I remember that. LOL But man...it eats up your brain space, and will drive you nuts. Try to chill. lol

Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelessnick View Post
Nothing. Its merely a casual remark.

If you're interested in this girl, ask her out.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:38 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
You are trying SO HARD not to get hurt...you just keep trying to read her mind and her actions and twisting yourself into knots. You won't KNOW until you ask - and I think you just want to keep hope alive by NOT asking. You'd rather think about it all the time for days on end than find out you need to move on.

Meeting people and dating is a numbers game - if you keep getting hung up on a woman for little or no reason then that stops you from paying attention to anyone else (apparently). FIND OUT if she wants to go out by asking - then you can either go out or find a likelier opportunity. Because you need to meet lots of women to find the right one - get going!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships