Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:53 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times

Advertisements

Another thread about a man staying home while the woman worked got me to thinking. People can be pretty judgmental. Of course, I already knew this.

I am not currently working. While I have been working up until a month ago, I no longer am, and I quit my job. I know people think in this economy you probably shouldn't quit your job, even if it is stressful.

Well, my family doesn't seem to be judging me, but they also know my (health) background.

My bf seems to be fine with it. I am taking care of the house and he has dinner when he walks in the door. He actually has it served to him.

I have no car payment and I have no house payment, just medical bills, and I pay them. I do not ask him for money, and he does not have to give me any.

Somehow, I still think there are people out there that would judge me in this situation, while they may not know all involved in it.

As I mentioned in another thread, I hadn't even really told any of my friends, except fot the ones I was working with. Of course they know.

A mutual friend of ours drove past the house the other day and texted me asking of I was sick or if everything was ok.

She saw my Jeep in the driveway. I told her what was going on and how I wasn't really telling anyone because I didn't want anyone to think I was a loser mooching off of my bf. She told me screw them, to hell with them.

I was actually surprised, because I thought she may have been one who would have been judgmental. I thought she may have been like the OP in this other thread.

How bout you? Would you judge a woman or a man who stopped working who had been previously working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 02:56 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
I don't know if I would or would not. I can tell you if someone chose to judge me, I would completely ignore them. Who has the right? You are perfectly capable of making your own decisions. The judgers be damned.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:57 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times
No, but I certainly would over their tatoos haha

Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
I do not judge you negatively for that, no.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
No, I wouldn't... I would also mind my own business.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Another thread about a man staying home while the woman worked got me to thinking. People can be pretty judgmental. Of course, I already knew this.

I am not currently working. While I have been working up until a month ago, I no longer am, and I quit my job. I know people think in this economy you probably shouldn't quit your job, even if it is stressful.

Well, my family doesn't seem to be judging me, but they also know my (health) background.

My bf seems to be fine with it. I am taking care of the house and he has dinner when he walks in the door. He actually has it served to him.

I have no car payment and I have no house payment, just medical bills, and I pay them. I do not ask him for money, and he does not have to give me any.

Somehow, I still think there are people out there that would judge me in this situation, while they may not know all involved in it.

As I mentioned in another thread, I hadn't even really told any of my friends, except fot the ones I was working with. Of course they know.

A mutual friend of ours drove past the house the other day and texted me asking of I was sick or if everything was ok.

She saw my Jeep in the driveway. I told her what was going on and how I wasn't really telling anyone because I didn't want anyone to think I was a loser mooching off of my bf. She told me screw them, to hell with them.

I was actually surprised, because I thought she may have been one who would have been judgmental. I thought she may have been like the OP in this other thread.

How bout you? Would you judge a woman or a man who stopped working who had been previously working?
This is not a black and white deal. Working or not working is only one facet of the entire thing. If you quit and leave a brood of kids to starve, then I would say that warrants some judgment. If you quit and still function well financially and are not a burden on others, then knock yourself out.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,520 times
Depending on the situation, but every situation is different so it's best to not be judgmental about it.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:04 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
The only people I have an issue with not working are the people who stay at home and mooch off the government when they are able bodied enough to work and just too lazy to be bothered. People are judgmental by nature, but who cares what anyone else thinks. You and your boyfriend are happy, don't be ashamed. I swear if I made a lot of money I wouldn't have any issue supporting a guy if he stayed home and did my laundry and cleaned and had dinner on the table when I got home!

Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
No, but I certainly would over their tatoos haha
Well that gave me a laugh. But Hey! I could afford all of the tattoos I got, ok?!?!? I was working then.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:11 PM

58 posts, read 87,956 times
... there are a lot of guys who would do this for free as a domestic submissive if the woman was willing to be his Domme. And she wouldn't even have to have sex with him but thats another thread.

Human beings are fascinating creatures when you think about it. It's the ones who can't imagine any lifestyle but their own that's scary to be around. I mean think of the million of possibilities out there if people could just get over their fear to live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships