Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Javier, if you relocated to Ecuador, what would you do for work? Having English would help, but what is your profession?

One thing about Ecuador is that jobs tend to be had via connections: belonging to the right political party, the right labor union, whatever. The son of a friend of mine lived in the US long enough to learn English, then went back home and has tried to get a driver's license so he could be a bilingual chauffeur. He can't even get a driver's license without connections!! He's passed the test, they won't give him the license! So I wonder if your friend might be having similar problems.

Pay in Norway is higher, but so is the cost of living. But you knew that. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
She's a winner. Because mistresses rarely get upgraded to Wife postion

Old 07-21-2012, 02:58 AM

823 posts, read 1,974,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Javier, if you relocated to Ecuador, what would you do for work? Having English would help, but what is your profession?

One thing about Ecuador is that jobs tend to be had via connections: belonging to the right political party, the right labor union, whatever. The son of a friend of mine lived in the US long enough to learn English, then went back home and has tried to get a driver's license so he could be a bilingual chauffeur. He can't even get a driver's license without connections!! He's passed the test, they won't give him the license! So I wonder if your friend might be having similar problems.

Pay in Norway is higher, but so is the cost of living. But you knew that. Best of luck.

Yes, I know Ecuador is very corrupt. I was there 5 years ago and you had to give bribes virtually for everything, even to breath air. My friend's family lives there, so she knows the ropes, she's got lots of friends and relatives, so in that regard she's okay.

At this point, I guess this story can´t go more down, so I'll tell you why I went there 5 years ago. My friend asked me to marry her mother so she could come to Spain. I thought "cool, I am gonna do her this favor to show her how much I appreciate her".

So I went there, I married the mother, I did almost everything a human can do for another human, and that was the beginning of the nightmare. As the saying goes "no good deed goes unpunished".

The more I did for her, the more she seemed to resent it. I NEVER asked anything in return, I made that clear that I was just doing her a favor, but she couldn´t handle it, I guess she felt as if she "owed" me something, and the relationship went downhill.

She stopped calling me, she changed copletely her attitude towards me. She even changed her attitude towards her mother, she just behaved like a silly child.

I guess she didn´t want me to go to Ecuador and marry her mother, she just asked so she could have a clean conscience and tell herself "I am doing the best I cant for my mother", but when she realized I was really going , and totally commited to the project, she got scared, like if she thought things going out of hands. So I waited and waited, hoping things would go back to normal, but never did.

More lies, more silly games, more pushing things to the edge, then the guy abandoned her, she went back to Ecuador, I am still here, and thinking " what now?". But during all this time never crossed my mind a single negative thought towards her. If somebody else made me a millifraction of harm that she did, I'd give that person a hell of a payback. So I guess it's real love, or real masoquism, or whatever it is.

Well, that's basically the scenario.

Last edited by Javier77; 07-21-2012 at 03:07 AM..

Old 07-21-2012, 05:54 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
A mistress who broke up the marriage and took that husband can be sure she better stick next to him like glue 24-7, because he will do this again and again.
Wasn't it Shakespeare who said something to the effect:

"When a Man replaces his wife with his Mistress, he'll always replace his Mistress also".

Old 07-21-2012, 08:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
Well, I ask because I like to hear the opinion of people about an issue that is very close to me, and very painful. Internet gives me a sense of anonymity, and you can talk about stuff you would not talk about in real life. I've only spoken about this with certain members of my family, and they are sick about it, they just told me to forget about her and move on. I was in love with her...platonic stuff, because she was married. Then the whole thing happened, and a part of me said "okay, is now my turn?", but another part of me thought "man, you are just a predatory loser". Things happened, mistakes were made, and everything I dreamt of went down the toilet.

She's back in Ecuador now, I am still in Spain, so it doesn´t look like we'll have a happy story together. I just can´t forget her, perhaps I am masochist or something.

I just wish the guy and his new model get what they deserve, it makes me feel angry because they hurt her.

Anyway, I know this is very pathetic and trailer trashy, but makes me feel better to hear unbiased and constructive feedback, thanks for your answers.

Greetings from Spain.

Javi.
Becareful because it sounds like you might have a bit of what is called the "White Knight" syndrome or "Knight in Shiny Armor" who looks for damsels in distress to rescue.

It would be best for you to just put all these people in the past and find someone who didn't choose to screw up her life to make a future with.

The problem with the White Knight is that they develop a need for the damsels in distress, if the first one stops being needy and helpless, they begin a quest for another. It's a problem you have to address in yourself.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Well, a man who divorces his wife and marries his mistress is just creating a job opening.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 472 times
I have been a mistress for 5 years (i couldnt imagine it too) it happen the man decided to have a divorced with his wife..but u suddenly feel unhappy for seeng a family be down for that..knowing he has 4 kids..though i know he was not happy with his wife anymore..i didnt still agreed to his decision...so..i prefer to stay just a mistress rather than to be a wife ..but there were 4 innocent kids who would be sad..

Old 04-06-2015, 08:17 AM

609 posts, read 615,549 times
It sounds like the guy and his new lady got what they deserved. Don't you love karma?
But that's quite a sad story. Trading in for a new model....absolutely despicable.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:06 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
Yes, I know Ecuador is very corrupt. I was there 5 years ago and you had to give bribes virtually for everything, even to breath air. My friend's family lives there, so she knows the ropes, she's got lots of friends and relatives, so in that regard she's okay.

At this point, I guess this story can´t go more down, so I'll tell you why I went there 5 years ago. My friend asked me to marry her mother so she could come to Spain. I thought "cool, I am gonna do her this favor to show her how much I appreciate her".

So I went there, I married the mother, I did almost everything a human can do for another human, and that was the beginning of the nightmare. As the saying goes "no good deed goes unpunished".

I guess she didn´t want me to go to Ecuador and marry her mother, she just asked so she could have a clean conscience and tell herself "I am doing the best I cant for my mother", but when she realized I was really going , and totally commited to the project, she got scared, like if she thought things going out of hands. So I waited and waited, hoping things would go back to normal, but never did.

More lies, more silly games, more pushing things to the edge, then the guy abandoned her, she went back to Ecuador, I am still here, and thinking " what now?". But during all this time never crossed my mind a single negative thought towards her. If somebody else made me a millifraction of harm that she did, I'd give that person a hell of a payback. So I guess it's real love, or real masoquism, or whatever it is.

Well, that's basically the scenario.
This would make a great Spanish soap Opera. Perhaps you can wite a script and try to sell it?

Old 04-06-2015, 11:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I hope the Op found better. Women who become mistresses don't respect themselves. Men like this are scum,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships