Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
.....right...... you must be one in a million. we all know women hate direct guys who speak their mind.
A guy can be direct without being like a used car salesman. I'm sure I'm not the only woman who'd react to "I just had to come over and talk to you" with an internal (or maybe external) eyeroll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 10:27 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you can make 'em laugh, you up your chances astronomically.
all the dudes whining about their lonely penises should read this twice

but the weather is lame. i'd go with a compliment over that, but something funny and relaxed trumps both

Old 08-14-2012, 10:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A guy can be direct without being like a used car salesman. I'm sure I'm not the only woman who'd react to "I just had to come over and talk to you" with an internal (or maybe external) eyeroll.
wouldnt talking about the weather or a puppy or what type of yogurt you like, be more like being a used car salesman, considering the reason for approach is something completely different and obvious to both parties? Saying that you find a woman attractive is the most honest and direct way to approach one, becasue its the truth. I do realize that some women may be uncomfortable with it, because they arent used to it or able to process it, but in real life it really does work like a charm.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
.....right...... you must be one in a million. we all know women hate direct guys who speak their mind.
Well, most of us know that. Some, obviously, don't.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:32 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Well, most of us know that. Some, obviously, don't.
I see youre pretty good at picking up sarcasm, ruth. haha

Old 08-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Saying that you find a woman attractive is the most honest and direct way to approach one, becasue its the truth
meh i disagree

something genuinely funny is best. it's just fun and makes the conversation flow

it has to be genuinely funny, not some nervous crap that reveals a lack of confidence

compliments have their place, but personally i think there are better opening lines. some women are suspicious of compliments whereas everyone likes to laugh

that said i'm not don juan and most approaches will probably work sometimes if you're reasonably personable and confident and especially if you're attractive

EDIT - and I don't mean start telling jokes or be really goofy

Old 08-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Saying that you find a woman attractive is the most honest and direct way to approach one, becasue its the truth. I do realize that some women may be uncomfortable with it, because they arent used to it or able to process it, but in real life it really does work like a charm.
How would it work if some women are uncomfortable with it?

I always find it curious on this forum how, when women tell them what works, and what they like, some of the men deny it. "No, that's not what you like, let me tell you what you like. I know what you like better than you do." If women are speaking from experience, why would you not believe them?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
How would it work if some women are uncomfortable with it?

I always find it curious on this forum how, when women tell them what works, and what they like, some of the men deny it. "No, that's not what you like, let me tell you what you like." If women are speaking from experience, why would you not believe them?
Humans are funny creatures. We don't always want safe, predictable. Sometimes we don't acknowledge what we TRULY want either, men and women.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
meh i disagree

something genuinely funny is best. it's just fun and makes the conversation flow

it has to be genuinely funny, not some nervous crap that reveals a lack of confidence

compliments have their place, but personally i think there are better opening lines. some women are suspicious of compliments whereas everyone likes to laugh
Odysseus is on a roll, today.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Odysseus is on a roll, today.
my best work of the day is in the NYC section

although i'm proud of some of the stuff in the raping crazies thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships