Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 05:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
who cares??? go to another thread or board, plain and simple. then you won't have to read these things. Nobody's forcing you to stay and read it. Trying to 'shame' people into posting in a different manner -- waste of time. LOL.

Pot, meet kettle. If you say something that sounds nasty, sorry, others here have a right to say that it sounded nasty. If you don't like it, you can pass over it, yourself. If you put your words on here, others will have words for you, too, and by your own admission, I am not the only one who has assessed your comments to be unpleasant. Did you ever think that maybe that's why people aren't nice to you? You've said men treated you badly. Can you honestly say that the way you interact with people deserves kindness? You get what you give. If this is what you give, then people will not be nice to you. Of course you will get tired of it. Does it not occur to you to try to change yourself, then?

Next time, if you have something to say in response to one of my posts, I would appreciate it if you did it on the thread, where everyone else can see it, too. And if you're worried about "derailing a thread," then send a DM.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
read what the therad topic is about and then you can see people are actually commenting on their experiences in this area. So of course some of are going to talk about not dating, etc. Duh. That's hardly voicing it to the world when you're discussing it in a relevant thread.

I don't know if I left you a sarcastic rep comment or not at this point. In case you didn't know (and apparently you didn't) people leave rep comments so as not to DERAIL the thread. It's not juvenile and cowardly, it's the way things are done..... I think we all agree, you've told us how 'wrong' we are, Noted. But when are you going to leave the thread that's so beneath you?
I didn't say "wrong." I said "not normal."

Because it's not. And look at the reasons people have given. A lot of them have to do with fear. They are afraid of being hurt. Well, is loneliness any less painful than a break-up? Unless you actually put yourself out there and get into a relationship and it happens to end, you'll never know.

My opinion is that there's too much that is good and fun about relationships, companionship, and having a partner or spouse. But if someone has never ever been in a relationship, I can't see how they could say there isn't, and that it's not worth their time. How do they know? They've never tried.

Last edited by Lilac110; 07-22-2012 at 05:25 PM..

Old 07-22-2012, 05:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Pot, meet kettle. If you say something that sounds nasty, sorry, others here have a right to say that it sounded nasty. If you don't like it, you can pass over it, yourself. If you put your words on here, others will have words for you, too, and by your own admission, I am not the only one who has assessed your comments to be unpleasant. Did you ever think that maybe that's why people aren't nice to you? You've said men treated you badly. Can you honestly say that the way you interact with people deserves kindness? You get what you give.

Next time, if you have something to say in response to one of my posts, I would appreciate it if you did it on the thread, where everyone else can see it, too.

Listen lady, not to be 'rude' again -- I honestly don't give a rat's behind about what you or other posters have "assessed" about my comments. SO freaking what? LOL. Last time I checked none of you are the 'post/comment' police.

It boggles the mind why some people beleive they can accurately pinpoint a person over the internet that they've never even laid eyes on. Be for real.

As I said earlier to someone else, tell me what I ate for breakfast? You can't do that because you don't actually know me. You're not in any position to 'assess' how I interact with people in my daily life if you've never even met me. LOL..... If you could assess my personality you would know that a. I keep to myself and b. I rarely interact with people socially but when I do I am not rude to them for no reason. I have enough common sense to at least conduct myself cordially...Men have treated me badly whether I was nice to them or not (bet you didn't know that either) and that's not the point of this thread anyways.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Not WRONG, not normal.

what?

edit: whoever left me that rep comment: good for you I guess. Okay.

anyways, back to the topic: this thread and some of the comments in it are a very good example of what 'older virgins' and 'RS virgins' face in the real world. On one hand these people want to write us off as 'abnormal,' 'going to be alone,' etc. etc. and then in the same breath say "don't give up, don't be a failure" etc. They don't get the connection that this is the way most people think IRL too; they are unwilling to budge from their opinion that 'these people are not normal,' -- but yet assume and insist there's just plenty of opportunities awaiting us in the dating world. LOL. It's no wonder many of us decide not to keep playing their games. Instead of pegging people as 'whiners and complainers' maybe for once they could look at these situations for the 'rock and a hard place' that they are.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 07-22-2012 at 05:36 PM..

Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Listen lady, not to be 'rude' again -- I honestly don't give a rat's behind about what you or other posters have "assessed" about my comments. SO freaking what? LOL. Last time I checked none of you are the 'post/comment' police.

It boggles the mind why some people beleive they can accurately pinpoint a person over the internet that they've never even laid eyes on. Be for real.

As I said earlier to someone else, tell me what I ate for breakfast? You can't do that because you don't actually know me. You're not in any position to 'assess' how I interact with people in my daily life if you've never even met me. LOL..... If you could assess my personality you would know that a. I keep to myself and b. I rarely interact with people socially but when I do I am not rude to them for no reason. I have enough common sense to at least conduct myself cordially...Men have treated me badly whether I was nice to them or not (bet you didn't know that either) and that's not the point of this thread anyways.
I am only going by what you write here. My thinking is that if someone IS nice, that person will BE nice to others the first time they interact with them. You have yet to be nice on here that I can see. Therefore, it's a pretty good bet that you are not, and it spills over into your offline interactions as well. Past behavior predicts future performance. Not an attack. Just logic.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 PM

86 posts, read 99,369 times
Lilac your words were blunt however your tone was one of arrogance.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:38 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
I am only going by what you write here. My thinking is that if someone IS nice, that person will BE nice to others the first time they interact with them. You have yet to be nice on here that I can see. Therefore, it's a pretty good bet that you are not, and it spills over into your offline interactions as well. Past behavior predicts future performance. Not an attack. Just logic.
I'm not taking sides here, but I'm curious Doll Eyes if you've ever tried the 'nice' approach? If its just not you that's okay, but unless you are totally cynical about human nature you could find yourself happier than you seem. If its not for you that's okay though, I've better things to do to TELL you how to live, but it just seems sad there are so many jaded people in this world. Right now I'm struggling not to fall into that pit myself.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:

Logic is realizing you cannot assess a person you know nothing about by posts on a message board. You would actually have to meet that person to decide these things -- anything other than that is not logic it's guessing. I just told you what my personality is like and you dismissed that. So go ahead and tell me more about myself, since you know better then I do about my personality.....

Nobody I know is going to take kindly to being called the names you used and the labels that you just threw out there haphazardly, so I responded to that. Other then that and prior to, I didn't start any kind of problem with you. People respond the things I say on here that they don't like, that's not the point.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
what?

edit: whoever left me that rep comment: good for you I guess. Okay.

anyways, back to the topic: this thread and some of the comments in it are a very good example of what 'older virgins' and 'RS virgins' face in the real world. On one hand these people want to write us off as 'abnormal,' 'going to be alone,' etc. etc. and then in the same breath say "don't give up, don't be a failure" etc. They don't get the connection that this is the way most people think IRL too; they are unwilling to budge from their opinion that 'these people are not normal,' -- but yet assume and insist there's just plenty of opportunities awaiting us in the dating world. LOL. It's no wonder many of us decide not to keep playing their games. Instead of pegging people as 'whiners and complainers' maybe for once they could look at these situations for the 'rock and a hard place' that they are.
Agreed. If you've had your first cute coupling at age 14 there's no way you can understand the life of a 40 year old virgin or the circumstances leading to that. Some people just have no clue how hard it can be to find somebody. Discrimination is very real today, just cos your friends friend gets all the luck doesn't mean it applies to us.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not taking sides here, but I'm curious Doll Eyes if you've ever tried the 'nice' approach? If its just not you that's okay, but unless you are totally cynical about human nature you could find yourself happier than you seem. If its not for you that's okay though, I've better things to do to TELL you how to live, but it just seems sad there are so many jaded people in this world. Right now I'm struggling not to fall into that pit myself.

What part of: I mind my own buisness IRL and treat people cordially until otherwise noted IRL, didn't get through? Is that so hard to grasp?

Obviously this is a message board where these topics are being posted and discussed. I don't have a positive outlook about them, so I express that.... IRL people don't go around discussing these sorts of things and if they do, I don't go around airing my buisness out to them.

It would be your choice if you want to keep 'struggling' not to fall into everyone else's view of what isn't right. As I said many, many times I don't care. They don't live my life and vice versa, so I don't see the point of doing things or not doing things so that they can be content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships