Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I guess that's what you would like to believe.
It just is what it is

Old 07-24-2012, 03:47 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It just is what it is
Not so as each individual is different. I have a cousin who is oh so similar to him. My grandmother has similar viewpoint. He hasn't had a relationship in 2 years and has even broke up with very good women (in my opinion). He just has no desire to be in a relationship. He says he has even turned down "the one" in order to not be alone. I'm just saying it isn't what you think. That maybe what you hope and want for him. It may happen and it may not.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Not so as each individual is different. I have a cousin who is oh so similar to him. My grandmother has similar viewpoint. He hasn't had a relationship in 2 years and has even broke up with very good women (in my opinion). He just has no desire to be in a relationship. He says he has even turned down "the one" in order to not be alone. I'm just saying it isn't what you think. That maybe what you hope and want for him. It may happen and it may not.
Again, I did say IF, not when.

IF the right woman were to come along his whole world and world view could be completely different than it is today.

Make no mistake, those young men who shielded their girlfriends in the movie theater all felt that had found someone worth protecting and even dying for. It happens. I pray that kind of love happens for our Dissenter eventually.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:

IF the right woman were to come along his whole world and world view could be completely different than it is today.

Make no mistake, those young men who shielded their girlfriends in the movie theater all felt that had found someone worth protecting and even dying for. It happens. I pray that kind of love happens for our Dissenter eventually.
I think that before you pray he finds someone, you should pray that he opens himself up to put himself in a situation to find someone first.

Otherwise hon, your prayers fall on deaf ears.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:56 PM

458 posts, read 616,369 times
There's a lot of generalizing going on.

Let us not forget that the shooter was a man as well. As were these hero's who died saving others.

If you haven't figured it out by now, the lesson here is not to generalize about a group, especially not one as large as an entire gender.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:

How about you pray for him to be happy? Whether or not he finds love. He doesn't to have anyone in order to be truly happy.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think that before you pray he finds someone, you should pray that he opens himself up to put himself in a situation to find someone first.

Otherwise hon, your prayers fall on deaf ears.
Well obviously

I know he can, he's just got to want to.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:30 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
No article on how many girlfriends took a bullet for their boyfriends?
No..but there are lots about how a woman held her man's drugs/guns, etc when the cops rolled up so he wouldnt get busted if he was searched.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
some of you on here are completely pathetic and opportunistic.

This thread was created to recognize the selfless act of a few men in a horrible tragedy, not to point out that women wouldn't ever do the same (you opinions).

Seriously?

thank you

Old 07-24-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Taking a bullet for your kid is heroic. Taking one for your wife, I can understand.

Taking a bullet for your girlfriend is not heroic, it means you're naive (to put it nicely.)

Gee..im almost amazed at how some folks treat or regard 'girlfriends'. Like..its okay to cheat on your girlfriend cause she's not your wife...who cares if she gets shot shes not your wife...etc.

Umm....forgive me if im wrong but...

How do you think women become wives?? Im thinking this usually happens by them being girlfriends FIRST. Sheesh lots of people have been together for several years before they get married.

If every man had the idea that a woman was less to him because she was only his girlfriend, I cant see how any woman would agree to marry them. Either ya love them or ya dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships