Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 PM

607 posts, read 855,790 times

Advertisements

So I was good friends with this girl in high school. I was always attracted to her, but she had a boyfriend.

Anyways, we kept in touch a bit when we went away to college. She had a steady bf then, too.

Saw her again for the first time in March after about 5 years of not seeing each other. It was pretty fun to catch up.

Saw her again in May and a couple weeks ago. These last two times, hanging out with her has been a CHORE. She wants to hang out a lot, but all she does is talk about her ex, or another guy she is interested in. I don't really get much of a chance to speak, and when I do I find we don't have the same interests anymore, and I feel generally uncomfortable interacting with her.

So, idk what to do. She wants to hang out a lot, and I feel bad deflecting cause she is actually really nice with good intentions.

Any way I can turn this into a FWB? I was thinking of asking her if we could progress things to FWB. Either she says yes (win), or she doesn't want to hang out with my again (win). Its unlikely she agrees, but its worth a try, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 06:20 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
You want to f*ck her, but you can't stand talking to her and "feel generally uncomfortable interacting with her"? So...f*cking isn't interacting? I guess this kind of gibberish is what happens when guys think with the wrong head.

What would you do if she agreed, then fell for you because of the sex (it does tend to involve the emotions, even if that's not intended), and you're stuck with her as a gf? Or worse, what if you fall for her? Sex is known to have that effect on some guys.

You could do the mature thing, and try telling her your kind of burned out hearing about her ex and her new prospect, but you'd love to hang out if it could be like old times. If she gets mad, you still win.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
So I was good friends with this girl in high school. I was always attracted to her, but she had a boyfriend.

Anyways, we kept in touch a bit when we went away to college. She had a steady bf then, too.

Saw her again for the first time in March after about 5 years of not seeing each other. It was pretty fun to catch up.

Saw her again in May and a couple weeks ago. These last two times, hanging out with her has been a CHORE. She wants to hang out a lot, but all she does is talk about her ex, or another guy she is interested in. I don't really get much of a chance to speak, and when I do I find we don't have the same interests anymore, and I feel generally uncomfortable interacting with her.

So, idk what to do. She wants to hang out a lot, and I feel bad deflecting cause she is actually really nice with good intentions.

Any way I can turn this into a FWB? I was thinking of asking her if we could progress things to FWB. Either she says yes (win), or she doesn't want to hang out with my again (win). Its unlikely she agrees, but its worth a try, I guess.

Find someone else to screw and don't waste this girls time.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Find someone else to screw and don't waste this girls time.
How am I wasting her time?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:35 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,962 times
Quote:

LOL!

So you don't want to "hang out with her" but you do want to "insert your dick in her".

Can you see the irony here?

Go ahead, she's desperate, vulnerable and lonely. Go and use her as a sperm spittoon when she's feeling so low. Why not. Great friend.

Fast forward 2 weeks and there'll be a thread saying "so I slept with this girl, now she won't stop dissing me behind my back".

Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
The OP has a valid point, when he's just banging her she won't be droning on about her boyfriends as long as he's doing it right. On the flip side he gets services rendered for listening to the conversation narcississist.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
LOL!

So you don't want to "hang out with her" but you do want to "insert your dick in her".

Can you see the irony here?
No. I don't get enjoyment from talking to her, but I would get enjoyment having sex with her. Plus the conversations would be more lively.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The OP has a valid point, when he's just banging her she won't be droning on about her boyfriends as long as he's doing it right. On the flip side he gets services rendered for listening to the conversation narcississist.
But listening to the one-sided, obsessive convo is what he's trying to avoid. So as a plan, it doesn't meet all his goals, yet.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,193 times
Quote:

Do that.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
If you want an FWB, never ask for one. It has to roll itself out by circumstance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships