Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,236,525 times

Advertisements

You need to have more pride in you..

Tell me, how much energy, time & money have you spent with this person?

And fe outcome was?.. Yeah though so..

Not to long ago I was just like you, but lately I've changed my perspective on life, you cannot rely on another person to bring you happiness, but only you could bring happiness to your self..

Find something you enjoy, something creative.. And live a good life..

The Bible has changed me for the better, I now have a much more broad outlook of life, and dumping sexual desire was definatley the way to go..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,672,043 times
This is what happens with FWB. Move on.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 PM

810 posts, read 1,764,034 times
I think that once the bad days outweigh the good days then it is time to move on.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:12 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,176,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
This girl I am or was with...she's pretty much moved on. She has another guy. She's all the way across the country on temporary leave. We were never formal...just fwb...but I've always told her that in time she could convert me. It's complicated further by something I won't go into.

Anyway, I've finally managed to get her to fess up to not being exclusive to me, and if I'm being honest, I haven't been exclusive to her, though there are some lines I didn't cross because of her. I feel cheated. This is something I suspected would happen when she left.

So why is this even a question, you ask?

Well, she'll be coming back in 6 months or so...and I was her old fling. Assuming she doesn't get serious with the guy and stay across the country...she's only ever coming back to me.

But, the relationship doesn't seem healthy...neither of us care enough about each other to act with each others interest's in mind in sexual contexts. The truth is, I like her...as a person. More than that, well, like I said, she'd have to convert me.

I just told her "I hope you two have a nice life together" and to "wish me luck out there".

A part of me thinks she's using the other guy as a way of signaling to me that she has "other potential". In any case, the headgames aren't healthy.

It pretty much signals the end of the relationship on my end.
I just hope I'm doing the right thing by moving on.
Am I?

I really hate being single. It doesn't agree with me.

I've been rejected twice in the last three months. I'm on a rather bad streak in my life.
Lol! I will answer by telling a lil story..
After 3 years of not dating anyone, no sex, no contact period, this is something I DID FROM ME.. I went on an awkward date with an old hs pal whose ex wife was a good fried and an old co-worker, this did not work obviously.
MY SECOND DATE and what lasted for 4 months was my non formal ex my first and last FWB. He was also a former HS pal..our deal was sinple, we would have sex only with each other and see where it went. Well my never having a fwb BEFORE? Did not suit me.
Our relationship if it could even be seen as such was very casual, we texted 2 or 3 times a week and I would go and see him every other weekend..uggh. I finally started feeling cheap and if this was not benefiting me and I stated this to him after 3 months.
He stated that he could not offer me more ect..I left. Nicely at 7 am on a Sunday and he called a best friend of ours and stated he felt like a one night stand and like he had been used even though I had warned him.
He had sex with an ex, I found out through our friend and this was it.
One month later? I was on a date with the hs chemistry teacher (hot) and he showed up with a mutual friend. He saw us through the window and came in and busted up the party.. He was rude to my date and we left. Later on that night? He called me and stated it broke his heart to see me with another man. And I stated that he had his chance and he threw it away when he stated he was gun shy.
After this? He kept trying to get me to go out with him and I was dating someone new..He knew because we were to attend a mutual friends wedding and I told him he missed out and violated everything we had and did not take advantage of the good woman he had. He was delusional and stated he was going to give me till midnight on Sunday to make up my mind and that he wanted me after all. Needless to say I never contacted him and here we are a year later and I have been in a constructive loving relationship for almost 10 months?
We are still “friends” but that part of us is OVER.. never to happen again.
So umm you stating that you were willing to be converted into something more? Who is to say she did not want something this complicated? When there are so MANY FISH OUT THERE that will treat her like a queen and give her what she needs and wants?
You heard of that saying??? While you are taking your time there will be someone out there that wants and loves what you had and did not take care of…

Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,283,554 times
You should be an astrologist.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:58 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,176,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
You should be an astrologist.
I have pondered the thought then I REALIZED that I had a higher calling..
Sarcasm is my middle name..

Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,078,839 times
You will keep getting dumped as long as you keep pining for her. It is over, she will not be coming back to you.

What does it matter anyway, you don't want a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships