Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:04 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,037 times

Advertisements

It's because they're going after people WAY above their leagues? That every time a man complains about his dating life or lack there of, it's ALWAYS assumed that it's because he goes after 10's. Or the women who struggle it's because she's waiting for the hot young rich lawyer?

Does this happen? Absolutely. I personally believe most people want partners in the top 1 or 2 percent of the dating world but it doesn't mean they're actively seeking that of their holding out strictly for that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Leagues are for sports teams

I don't agree that anyone struggling with dating is assumed to be going after people somehow "above" them.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,763,798 times
I always don't assume that. Sometimes the guy just is a d*ck, and the girl is a b*tch. Ergo, they're having struggles dating.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
I always don't assume that. Sometimes the guy just is a d*ck, and the girl is a b*tch. Ergo, they're having struggles dating.
sometimes the person is just flat out busted as well.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:29 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,089 times
I wouldn't assume that. Dating is just tough. There are so many factors that go into making a real and long lasting relationship with another person. The two people have to be attracted to each other, they have to like being around each other, have the same long term goals and be at the same point in their lives, and they both have to be willing to really stick it out and work through problems. I think a lot of people just give up even if they are a good match because it seems easier to quit than do the hard work a lasting relationship takes. It's a miracle anyone ever stays together and happy for their entire lives. I'd rather be alone and wait for that really good match than settle to avoid being alone and not have to date anymore.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,301 times
If the person is willing to date whoever as long as their common interests and some sort of attraction, i dont think theres a problem. Especially if they arent meeting enough new people. However if its the guys and girls that are only willing to date the best of the best and yet themselves dont have much to offer besides looks or money, i think they only have themselves to blame

Old 08-03-2012, 12:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Who is assuming that? Do you really value the opinion of people who use a number system when describing people anyway?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's because they're going after people WAY above their leagues? That every time a man complains about his dating life or lack there of, it's ALWAYS assumed that it's because he goes after 10's. Or the women who struggle it's because she's waiting for the hot young rich lawyer?

Does this happen? Absolutely. I personally believe most people want partners in the top 1 or 2 percent of the dating world but it doesn't mean they're actively seeking that of their holding out strictly for that
In many cases, there is truth to it. People tend to overinflate their value, and underestimate how much traffic the "beautiful people" are getting on a regular basis. Why would the "beautiful people" pick the "nice average" people when they can find a "nice beautiful" person? These type of complainers CAN find suitors but don't like their options so they are going above their leagues.

For the rest, like clockwork, almost every poster who complains they can't find ANYONE to date eventually reveal (sometimes accidentally) they are either unappealing to the opposite sex (which doesn't always mean ugly), overweight, have mental/emotional issues, or live in a small town.

Last edited by Freedom123; 08-03-2012 at 02:49 PM..

Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Leagues are for sports teams

I don't agree that anyone struggling with dating is assumed to be going after people somehow "above" them.
Yes and yes.

I frankly couldn't care less about the so-called 'beautiful people'... most of them are arrogant and not worthy of me in the first place. 'Average', 'everyday' women will do me fine... and that is what I aim for.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:54 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,499 times
I assume that because it's true except when you're like the Elephant Man and everyone is above your league. Aim for as high as you can then set your sights lower with each failure until you find your actual league. Theres a lot of plain looking losery guys and girls who are married; I never see anyone good looking among the mutants in my town but there are still many couples who have found each other.

The other exception is having a really weird/messed up/annoying personality if ur a guy. An above average looking guy who acts really creepy and weird may have trouble getting girls. When I was younger I used to not get women because I acted strange & somewhat creepy but I kind of grew out of it and did a lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships