Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times

Advertisements

All I got out of this is 'Women aren't special, I'm above them and better than them. They'll have to PROVE they're worthy of me enjoying their company or else I'll just move on to the next one.'

Doesn't exactly seem like a healthy way of going about relationships, but whatever works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 04:41 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
I'm not sure how others get into relationships, but with me it's all about progression. You see, I initiated. I got her number...hell, I was downright nasty with how I did that.

But then, I told her straight off the bat that I'd like her if we spent more time with one another. That she should expect me to make moves...this cooled her off me for a bit.

So, I moved on...kinda. I still texted her all the time because she's a good person to bounce ideas off of. But nothing sexual...just a good friend in my book, until she doesn't want me to be anymore.

Anyway, then she progresses the relationship beyond what it was. We've never hung out at her place...she's never hung out at mine.

What this means is that she knows that I think of her in sexual ways (I've made it clear), and she isn't put off by this...which means if she gives me a chance, I'll be making a move. This also means that she's probably thought of me in sexual ways...enough to be ok with my "flirting"...

If she puts herself in that situation, I'll just be fulfilling my obligations...

I don't intend on hanging out unless she understands what that is leading to. Like I said, my new philosophy "Don't waste my time".

Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM

144 posts, read 201,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
All I got out of this is 'Women aren't special, I'm above them and better than them. They'll have to PROVE they're worthy of me enjoying their company or else I'll just move on to the next one.'
Thank you! LOL. Actually ALL of the OPs posts/thread is summarized with that same BS 'dilemma'. Kinda like Different threads same BS. Reminds me of nyanna - isn't she the one who creates diff threads but ultimately has same woe is me my skin is dark therefore im ugly 'dilemma'?

I think they should hook up or something

Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Doesn't exactly seem like a healthy way of going about relationships, but whatever works.
I think "healthy relationships" are a myth.
As long as there is no blood, you're good.

And other abuse...of course

Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
Thank you! LOL. Actually ALL of the OPs posts/thread is summarized with that same BS 'dilemma'. Kinda like Different threads same BS. Reminds me of nyanna - isn't she the one who creates diff threads but ultimately has same woe is me my skin is dark therefore im ugly 'dilemma'?

I think they should hook up or something
Could you explain to me why the dilemma is BS?
To me, it's a genuine dilemma..if you can help me resolve it, you might as well help me out...

Old 08-06-2012, 04:51 PM

144 posts, read 201,076 times
Since you asked IMO, you have a pucked up attitude towards relationships and how to go about it. I honestly wonder why u even bother. I also dont know you but EVERYTIME I read your thread topic you annoy me, immensely.

Because this is ALL I get everytime you start a thread:

'Women aren't special, I'm above them and better than them. They'll have to PROVE they're worthy of me enjoying their company.'

So honestly why do u even bother? stay single, for your sanity.

Oh maybe you should start by not being selfish.

Last edited by heartbrox; 08-06-2012 at 04:59 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Quote:
and in my mind I'm being perfectly clear, expressing the states in which I find myself to the best of language's capability.
Correct! In YOUR mind you're expressing yourself...in everyone's mind they don't understand what you're talking about.

Could it be you're TRYING too hard to sound more intelligent than you actually are?

Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Bizarre theories, dude.

Oh, well, I'm not one to talk about non-bizarre-ness.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:02 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
Since you asked IMO, you have a pucked up attitude towards relationships and how to go about it. I honestly wonder why u even bother. I also dont know you but EVERYTIME I read your thread topic you annoy me, immensely.

Because this is ALL I get everytime you start a thread:

'Women aren't special, I'm above them and better than them. They'll have to PROVE they're worthy of me enjoying their company.'

So honestly why do u even bother? stay single, for your sanity.

Oh maybe you should start by not being selfish.
Correction: for their sanity.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM

I can't help with the annoying bit...
But, I don't know, I definitely don't think that...I'm not above women and they have nothing to prove to me. I'm not special, just Joe Average.
Perhaps maybe the attitude you're picking up on is where I'm like 'women who'll never be special to me, by my own choosing or their own, will remain just that; not special'.

Bad attitude, or 'unhealthy' as it were?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships