Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times

Advertisements

I've never used or read any of the books or writings, but a lot of people seem to have criticism of this industry. The common complaint is, that it teaches men to lie Or manipulate women to sleep with them. But the people I know who use this(on and offline) say it teaches guys to Be more confident and assertive And better at talking to women. If that's the case, what's wrong with that? Don't people want men to be better at communicating with the opposite sex?

Here's an example

http://aaronsleazy.blogspot.com/2012...umber.html?m=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
If it were as innocuous as you say, then it's fine. However, like any kind of tool or knowledge, it can be used for good (in the way you described) or for unethical personal gain. So, there's nothing wrong with the concept, just some of the uses - and users.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times
I say it's a load of horse****. Why? Simply because the sort of women I am interested in are much smarter - and more mature - than those who fall for that manipulative garbage.

A man should never have to be a manipulative - and mendacious - jackass to find a woman. If he feels he has to then either he has issues with himself or he is going after the wrong women. Or both.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:22 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,513 times
the reality is when an indoctrinated man is made aware of specific things and he takes the steps to better himself this is seen as a threat. Undesirable women (overweight, single moms, bpd through the stratosphere etc.) don't like this because they lose options and those same men won't lower themselves to bang those prospects anymore.

if anything I'd say that white knights/romantics make more of an issue out of this than women.

As young men we have it drilled in our heads from a young age that women need to be protected, coddled etc..even when their behavior is terrible and doesn't warrant it. I'm not a fan of using violence against anyone but if I see a woman willingly trying to egg on a man and fight him physically and the end outcome is that she gets laid out with a jab...you know what? She had it coming to her. In a situation like that you'd see one or more dudes rush to her "rescue", even if she's in the wrong. These guys have such a skewed view of things and they're responding to an outdated system, one that worked for their grandparents but has no relevance today.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,856 times
It's because it regards women as lower level animals that can be lead around on a leash if you say the correct commands.

I don't know about anyone else, but whether it is natural or not, I don't want a woman that responds automatically and instinctually to primitive evolutionary cues. I want a woman who has evolved beyond that. Even the PUA community says the women who respond to PUA tactics are responding to cues that make little to no survival difference today.

I don't want a woman who is attracted to me because I've displayed "pre-selection". I hate that sh&$.

I want a women who has the independence of thought to be attracted to me regardless of my pre-selection.

How is that love if the only reason a woman is attracted to you is because other women are attracted to you?

It's just a mindless outmoded evolutionary reflex.

Not interested.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
I think PUA has some solid fundementals, as to how to relate to women, but i dont like the fact that its pretty much tricking women into bed. Sure, it will help you get laid, but i dont think it teaches you much beyond that. Rehearsing pick up lines, making up fake stories or wearing ridiculous jewelry or clothing, is simply not my cup of tea.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Desperate times, desperate measures, desperate people. To each it's own.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
It's because it regards women as lower level animals that can be lead around on a leash if you say the correct commands.

I don't know about anyone else, but whether it is natural or not, I don't want a woman that responds automatically and instinctually to primitive evolutionary cues. I want a woman who has evolved beyond that. Even the PUA community says the women who respond to PUA tactics are responding to cues that make little to no survival difference today.

I don't want a woman who is attracted to me because I've displayed "pre-selection". I hate that sh&$.

I want a women who has the independence of thought to be attracted to me regardless of my pre-selection.

How is that love if the only reason a woman is attracted to you is because other women are attracted to you?

It's just a mindless outmoded evolutionary reflex.

Not interested.
I truly doubt men who are using PUA tactics are looking for love.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Here's the thing. If its teaching men to lie,deceive, change who they are to get women to sleep with them? Then it's wrong. But that's only if that's what they're promoting

However, if it's teaching men to be more confident, better conversation skills, be more assertive, and overall better at attracting/approaching/dating women? I see no problem with it. If a man uses PUA and that eventually helps him land the woman of his dreams? Then it's a success. If your against that, your just a hater.

I'd have to read up on it to see what's its about though

Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I think PUA has some solid fundementals, as to how to relate to women, but i dont like the fact that its pretty much tricking women into bed. Sure, it will help you get laid, but i dont think it teaches you much beyond that. Rehearsing pick up lines, making up fake stories or wearing ridiculous jewelry or clothing, is simply not my cup of tea.
Yup, like that negging junk. I have no problem with guys learning how to relax and have a conversation, and I believe that this takes practice for some people, just like Toastmasters helps people speak comfortably in public. The tricks and schemes, though, are so off-putting, as is the general dislike of women I see on the PUA sites that people post here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships