Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:29 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,012,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Lol my goodness Prince. Maybe you are meeting women in the wrong places. To be honest guys really are just that simple. Always know you are worth wanting something special that puts a smile on your face. Even if it's a damn home cooked meal . The right woman for you will not only hear you out on this but will ask you what she can do as a bonus to make you smile. That'll be the woman for you. Hell even if she doesn't know how to cook, she can learn.

I don't think that's too much to ask at all.
I've had some long winded rants on this board about my exes inability to cook. It's been so bad that one of them burned EZ mac. And I've tried teaching them how to cook some things. How hard is it to toss some pasta in some boiling water and heating up some sauce with nothing else added? Apparently it's impossible when you're talking to a wall or a deer in headlights.

All my experiences makes me want to believe that my mother was the last woman who taught herself to cook from the ground up. Her first meal he attempted to make? Fried pork chops, and she burned them so badly it was like eating leather, but my dad and I ate them because we were hungry and it was on the table. She worked the craft and became a skilled cool over time too. Yup, she still mess up a meal sometimes, but the effort was really appreciated.

Except for saurkraut. I'll never eat saurkraut, ever. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 11:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've had some long winded rants on this board about my exes inability to cook. It's been so bad that one of them burned EZ mac. And I've tried teaching them how to cook some things. How hard is it to toss some pasta in some boiling water and heating up some sauce with nothing else added? Apparently it's impossible when you're talking to a wall or a deer in headlights.

All my experiences makes me want to believe that my mother was the last woman who taught herself to cook from the ground up. Her first meal he attempted to make? Fried pork chops, and she burned them so badly it was like eating leather, but my dad and I ate them because we were hungry and it was on the table. She worked the craft and became a skilled cool over time too. Yup, she still mess up a meal sometimes, but the effort was really appreciated.

I LOVE cooking, and especially love experimenting and making up my own recipes. I will agree though that it's become a bit of a lost art. I make a damn good lobster and crab Mac and cheese, my own personal recipe

Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:

I taught both my sons how to cook.

Good thing too, because one of them currently has a girlfriend that can't even boil an egg, lol.

Rather then waiting around for some woman to always feed them I wanted them to be able to feed themselves

Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,781,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Good thing too, because one of them currently has a girlfriend that can't even boil an egg, lol.

Rather then waiting around for some woman to always feed them I wanted them to be able to feed themselves
Yup our mom taught us how to cook too. I would have long starved by now if wasn't for my momma

Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Yup our mom taught us how to cook too. I would have long starved by now if wasn't for my momma
Hey, I didn't want any future daughter-in-laws to be able to complain that their husbands don't know how to do anything around the house, lol.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I LOVE cooking, and especially love experimenting and making up my own recipes. I will agree though that it's become a bit of a lost art. I make a damn good lobster and crab Mac and cheese, my own personal recipe
I always say that it's about the journey, not about the finished product. I like trying all kinds of different flavor and mixing some together. Some work, some don't. LOL

I make all kinds of amazing things in the kitchen. I taught myself how to make sangria a few months ago. It was a HUGE success with everyone who tried it. I've had to make it almost every week now.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:42 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,482 times
Quote:

I like that attitude. A for effort, C- for execution.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,781,933 times
Quote:
I always say that it's about the journey, not about the finished product. I like trying all kinds of different flavor and mixing some together. Some work, some don't. LOL

I make all kinds of amazing things in the kitchen. I taught myself how to make sangria a few months ago. It was a HUGE success with everyone who tried it. I've had to make it almost every week now.
Sangria? Hell yeah let's party! lol

Old 08-10-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I was grilling when I was 14. From frozen chicken, to steak, to cutting up smoked sausage, green beans, corn, cutting an onion up with salt/pepper in a large tin and letting it cook for 2 hours. If I can't figure out how to do it on the stove, I'll do it on the grill and it'll taste great every time.

I really want a smoker though. I miss the smoking process and the flavor the smoke gives turkey and chicken and ribs. mmm.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,837,570 times
Quote:

Def good she tried and great you appreciated it. I never assume it is a woman's "role" to cook for a man , but it's something so simple that both sexes need to know that I couldn't imagine a woman not atleast trying for a man that she loved. Unless of course she had a hectic lifestyle.

When I was 23 years old believ it or not I didn't even know how to cook bacon. Wanna know when I learned? When I fell in love, lol. That particular ex appreciated a home cooked meal. I was happy to use him as my guinea pig to learn. We had only two conditions. He must always be truthful about how it tasted (so I could learn and compare what I thought could be better va what he thought), and he must stick through my beginning stages of terrible dishes. He went from eating meals that literally had him running to the bathroom-- to deciding whether or not he wanted a Ruth Chris steak or MY steak. I'm a mean cook in the kitchen now, finally at 27 years old. Like one poster said its all about the journey and most importantly appreciating the effort. Good for her (your ex) for sticking it out and trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships