Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
i have a feeling too..with one of her guy friends..idk why..just something. it just doesnt make sense. how is a person one second screaming at u for not being there and how they need u by them and then they say i dont feel the butterflys its over.??

and no we dont have to deal with this at any point of our life. We simply become what ive done all along: Aholes. f em and dump them. and i dont wonna hear the whole we're not all the ssame bs. fundamentally you all are. its hormonal factor. women arent stable
Oh my..

I know you are hurting. I think at this stage words won't be enough. Just know that I hope you get through this sooner than later. There will be better women for you. But you gotta get back to positive you for that to happen. Wishing you the best in such a confusing time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
IDK..maybe everybody is right.. i just need to chill alone for some time and let it ride out..i get so pissed just thinking of it. but its really build up..just havent talked to anyone about it
Oh. Rant about her. It'll be good for you. It's better than being sad.

Just keep some things to file under "lessons learned," and you'll come out of this with something, yanno?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 PM

601 posts, read 758,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Oh. Rant about her. It'll be good for you. It's better than being sad.

Just keep some things to file under "lessons learned," and you'll come out of this with something, yanno?
thats my whole ANGER though you see..its not a lesson learned. its something ive accepted as TRUE about all women since i was 15. whether its generalizing or not..and its not intended to bash but its just how ive always felt. i ignored my intuition and judgement because alll my female friends said be different for once in my life and dont let a good girl pass you by. and it FAILED. now im pissed at myself for not trusting myself.
i dont even hold it against women. it was my fault. i knew better and i ignored it

Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM

i was an idiot and im trying to come in terms with that. just ripping me apart inside

Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
thats my whole ANGER though you see..its not a lesson learned. its something ive accepted as TRUE about all women since i was 15. whether its generalizing or not..and its not intended to bash but its just how ive always felt. i ignored my intuition and judgement because alll my female friends said be different for once in my life and dont let a good girl pass you by. and it FAILED. now im pissed at myself for not trusting myself.
i dont even hold it against women. it was my fault. i knew better and i ignored it
If this is true - about this being your belief since you were a kid - you need to try to accept that it's past time for a more grownup perspective.

You are no longer a child and you can't afford to keep thinking like one.

There are plenty of lessons to be learned from what you are going through, but you have to be willing to be objective and honest with yourself okay?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
i was an idiot and im trying to come in terms with that. just ripping me apart inside
You were not an idiot.

You took a chance - a gamble - and it didn't pay off (because you jumped the gun and acted too quickly).

But again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Next time around you can take what this experience has shown you and do better.

When we know better, we do better and eventually we find what we are looking for

Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If this is true - about this being your belief since you were a kid - you need to try to accept that it's past time for a more grownup perspective.

You are no longer a child and you can't afford to keep thinking like one.

There are plenty of lessons to be learned from what you are going through, but you have to be willing to be objective and honest with yourself okay?
I think that may be the transition im going through.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
I think that may be the transition im going through.
You are experiencing REAL growing pains, and it does hurt!

Benjamin Franklin once said, "pain instructs".

You will learn more about yourself in the bad times then you'll ever learn during the good.

Face up to it all and you'll move through it a lot quicker.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:42 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
You are not the only one who has ever been hurt. If you never take a chance on love you will be very lonely. Just be thankful you found out before it went any further.

Just remember it is her loss not yours

Old 08-11-2012, 06:57 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Dude...You Are NOT An Idiot

Quote:
From what I could see here, you took a chance and stepped outside your 'comfort zone', on the advice of friends, and attempted to do something different

It didn't work, and now you are both angry and reflective...the key thing here, man, is that you are just 29 years old...you have a good chunk of your life in front of you and thus, you can go one of two ways:

You can chalk it up to experience, take time to heal up, and then, IF you want to try and pursue a relationship again, then next time, you have THIS experience under your belt, and you may know better what and what not to do...OR

You also have the option NOT to date...this may be the experience that sends you in that direction...there are a lot of folk your age that don't date, or marry, and they are leading productive lives...they can travel, concentrate on careers, or learn to do stuff they've always wanted to do (rock climbing, skydiving, riding a motorcycle cross-country...the list is endless...what have YOU always wanted to do, but never thought you would have the time? Now may BE the time)

Either way, you don't necessarily have to go back to 'being an a-hole', as you put it, and throwing up that protective wall...take the time to do YOU, and go forth and do things that will make YOU happy...who knows, if you are inclined to date again down the road, your having taken the time to get yourself right may pay off---it will have gotten your confidnce sky-high, and I don't know any woman in the world who would not dig a confident man

It's totally your choice, and I for one wish you luck no matter which fork in the road you take
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships