Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 PM

6 posts, read 5,793 times

Advertisements

There's this girl I met not to long ago(about 3 weeks ago). We went out 2 weeks ago to eat some dinner at a bar/restaurant. Had a great time and it appeared that she liked me. I don't know the whole signs of a girl liking you, but I assume its the stair, the smile, playing with hair when she talks to you, etc. At the end of the day, we hugged and she told me that she wanted me to call her later that day. I did and we talked for a while that same night. Well the next couple days we would text on and off, but when I asked her out to go watch a movie or meet at the same place she couldn't because of her work. That's understandable and I didn't think much of it. We text some more and about a week went by. We didn't really talk on the phone that much, but texted each other some. On a Friday afternoon, I texted her to see if she wanted to eat something and then go to see Batman, she told me that she was going to go with her co-workers to Happy Hour, but she never asked if I wanted to go. By this time, we had probably gone out about 2-3 times. Well, by this time I figured she wasn't interested anymore so I stopped texting her all together. A couple days went by without texting or speaking to each other and she decided to text me in the middle of the week. She says she was busy during the weekend hanging out at her parents house doing errands all day. Again, I didn't think much of it and went on with my business. She would text me every so often, but we never really talked on the phone. I tried calling her but she didn't pick up. She told me from the beginning that her phone was acting up and it was hard to get reception at her apt. I guess I believe her......what choice do I have. So last friday night, she texted me around 11:45pm and asked me what I was doing. I told her that I had just come back from my friends house. I jokingly said that we havent' seen each other in a while and should go out that same night(honestly thinking that she was going to say no). She said she "agreed" and asked me to meet her at the bar we had hung out about 2 weeks ago. Mind you, this was about 12:30am. Well, I met her at the bar and we had a couple drinks, nothing real big. We met around 1:15am and the bar was closing at 2am. She looked really nice and smelled good We went in her car and looked for a place to eat. The streets were packed with people and we found an all you can eat chinese bar. She ordered her dinner to go and we drove back to my car and she parked her car next to mine. I didn't know what to do but we talked a little bit in her car. I didn't want to make any moves on her because I was totally confused it she liked me or not. I thought to myself that she liked me as a friend only, but wasn't really sure. We talked for about 5 mins and I got outta her car and stepped into mine. She drove home and texted me saying she arrived home safely and I text her 20 min later saying I got home safely. I told her that I had a good time and she texted me back saying she also did. I asked her if she wanted to go out tomorrow to a latin club to dance, she made a couple jokes about hoping I could dance to latin music and I told her I could. Long story short, the next day she went to see the Alabama vs Michigan game with her friends and we never ended up going out that night. Go figure? So I am utterly confused as to what she thinks about me. I, honestly, think she only likes me as a friend, but I don't know. She texts me every so often but nothing else.

I'm confused. Can anyone clear this up for me? What does she think about me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 06:57 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
There is nothing in your interactions to indicate one way or another.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 PM

what do you mean? what should I do on my part to see if she likes me or not without actually embarrassing myself?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg12 View Post
what do you mean? what should I do on my part to see if she likes me or not without actually embarrassing myself?
It seems like you want something very low risk and I can't think of anything. I'm not good with that. I'm sure someone else here will have some ideas. Give it time. In the meantime keep in contact with her.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
Two pieces of advice -

If you want people to read and answer your posts, use paragraphs

second, learn how to read body language. It's not that hard.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM

54 posts, read 118,959 times
I'm kinda of straight to the punch, so if you are kinda shy on the phone use the easy way out of text everyone seems to use today and just text her "I would like to ask you out on a date because_________ how does ___day work out for you" kinda thing. Personally, I would prefer you to try calling! If she throws you another curve, call her on it and just ask her if she is interested in seeing you for a "date"....what do you have to lose but wasted time on someone that isn't interested!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 PM

I'm kinda of straight to the punch, so if you are kinda shy on the phone use the easy way out of text everyone seems to use today and just text her "I would like to ask you out on a date because_________ how does ___day work out for you" kinda thing. Personally, I would prefer you to try calling! If she throws you another curve, call her on it and just ask her if she is interested in seeing you for a "date"....what do you have to lose but wasted time on someone that isn't interested!

- thanks grape-juliet, I'll keep that in mind.

Two pieces of advice -

If you want people to read and answer your posts, use paragraphs

second, learn how to read body language. It's not that hard.

-if you have nothing helpful to say then don't read my post, period. It aint that hard. I didn't force you to read my post so if you don't like the way it's written, well, sucks to be you. I don't hear other people complaining about it.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 PM

It seems like you want something very low risk and I can't think of anything. I'm not good with that. I'm sure someone else here will have some ideas. Give it time. In the meantime keep in contact with her.

- thanks for the advice srjth, I'll keep in touch with her. It was nice at the beginning because we would talk on the phone a lot. She would call me when she got back home from work and we would talk for 2 hours. Now it seems a little different. She seems a little distant. Not calling me like she used to at the beginning. If I don't text her for a couple days, she would text me and ask me what I'm doing. But when I would respond, she would sometimes respond in a couple hours or even the next day. Very confusing.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,393,356 times
Quote:
Learn how to read body language. It's not that hard
Exactly. My mother always would say, "if someone is interested in you, you will KNOW it." This is regardless of gender. If you have to ask yourself whether they're into you or not, they are almost always NOT interested. Someone who wants you lets you know.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:18 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,226 times
I actually read that giant wall of text and I can say this: if you're analyzing things in that much detail, she's not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships