Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yeah. I'm one of those people who believes in love at first sight though. (not that that will always happen)
I guess I'm thinking a gamechanger is someone who changes your way of thinking. I guess if you aren't a pessimist who is only out to get booty, or someone who's been burned and is now jaded, or even someone who grew up seeing only bad relationships and has vowed never to get involved, it wouldn't apply. Kitty's example was a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I know you are looking for positive gamechanger feedback.... I wouldn't say I've had that.

I have actually had the opposite of a gamechanger. I learned that when my instincts are telling me something, they are always, always, always correct. It doesn't matter how badly I want my insticts to be wrong. This year I have proven to myself that I definately have not met a gamechanger. In fact, I am more confident in my instincts then ever before.

IMO, I am not sure meeting a gamechanger a good thing.
That works, too. My preference was to keep the negative largely out of this topic, but I understand where you are.coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock-Os View Post
For me, I found someone online on OKCupid that I thought was THE perfect match, so I messaged her.

... And she never came back on the site, so she never saw it. At least I have hope that it is possible.
I think you actually have to meet them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
pretty much every major relationship i have been involved in revolved around what you describe.
that's what made me commit to them in the first place.

though, i wouldn't say i was left broken by any of them, i just took and learned what i could from the experiences and moved on a better person for having them in my life
That's not gamechanging then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 11:18 AM

331 posts, read 735,196 times
I was the gamechanger.

I've changed the way a couple of women think about guys of Indian descent. Many of the women I've been on dates with have told me that they are not into Indian men but they'll give me a pass because in their eyes I'm "not really Indian" (I was born and raised in UK, and I have a British accent). There seems to be a lot of negative stereotypes about Indian men in Los Angeles, and none of them apply to me!

After we've met they'll start saying things like "I never thought about Indian guys before, but I saw a really good looking guy at the store today"...and some of the ones I stay in touch with after we stopped dating end up in serious relationships with Indian men

Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 PM

37 posts, read 84,575 times
Gamechanger?

One word:
a penis

Old 08-20-2012, 12:13 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I think it can happen. You always hear those stories of guys who don't want to settle down, then BOOM they meet someone who makes them want to settle down. I definitely think meeting the right person can overcome a lot of obstacles. Not any obstacles and not in every situation, but I'd like to believe sometimes people just click and anything in the way of them being together they move out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships