Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,403,014 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised it's not considered on the gross side.

Don't both women and men complain about the person who is perspiring and has no deodorant when riding a subway car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,706,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Thats actually a fair point. BUT it does get old pretty fast.......
Yep, right after a workout I don't stink. Let it fester for an hour or so though...

Old 08-22-2012, 09:07 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,920,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'm surprised it's not considered on the gross side.

Don't both women and men complain about the person who is perspiring and has no deodorant when riding a subway car?
No one likes someone who smells all the time. That's gross. However it has proven that women get turned on by the natural smell of a man. I believe they put many women that were ovulating into a gym room with sweaty male jerseries and they got excited. So it just depends. Men get excited when a woman is ovulating and her voice is higher. There is also pheromones perfume that women were to attract the opposite sex.

And yes if a man can't get down and dirty from time to time with hard work, he is a sissy boy in my book.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Do women/girls like men who are usually sweaty? And smell like sweat?

Me for example I sometimes don't put deodorant on and I feel much more masculine..
Uh, NO.

And just ewwwwwwwwwww

Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,769,094 times
Fresh sweat doesn't smell. You and your clothes will start to smell after a while when bacteria start growing.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,925,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yep, right after a workout I don't stink. Let it fester for an hour or so though...
I totally think this is true. For example, I think one of my male friends is much more attractive when I run into him 5 minutes after a bike ride (or some other physical activity). Otherwise I just think meh. Hahaha.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,706,902 times
Back when I lived at my dad's I'd usually hit up a coffee shop after going to the gym. Maybe this is just looking back through hazy, rose-colored lenses but I'm pretty sure the ladies there always looked at me a bit more when I came in after a workout, and trust me I didn't look like some shredded Marine!!

Some men just have very low-scent sweat. Me? I can start smelling stuff on my shirt's pits just a few hours after waking up if I don't put on deodorant

Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No one likes someone who smells all the time. That's gross. However it has proven that women get turned on by the natural smell of a man. I believe they put many women that were ovulating into a gym room with sweaty male jerseries and they got excited. So it just depends. Men get excited when a woman is ovulating and her voice is higher. There is also pheromones perfume that women were to attract the opposite sex.
Yes, and like I've posted before, women prefer the "bad boy" when ovulating, too, according to a study. But that's another thread. And if some psych department was willing to test that out, how can we refute it.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,477,882 times
This is the exact reason I'm so glad I carry scented sprays, was on the bus yesterday with a bunch of smelly men, pulled out my spray, proceeded to discreetly spritz the area around me. Had to do this a few days earlier as well. Not one thing attractive about a sweaty man, wet, (water dripping off that hot bod,) yes, sweaty no.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:14 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,225,692 times
No. That has nothing to do with masculinity. Women find more masculine men to be more masculine.

HTH.

Captain Jack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships