Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 04:22 AM

43 posts, read 36,460 times

Advertisements

I would say most men want a childfree marriage.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
It's what what you want nor don't like but what I want. No, I don't see marriage as ''just a piece of paper'' but rather higher commitment.
Why get the milk for free when he can buy the whole cow! (That ironically won't like being milked as much once it knows it's been paid for...)

Old 09-16-2013, 08:59 AM

83 posts, read 72,728 times
Quote:
I just want marriage but just no kids
I don't understand this logic. Kids are the only reason to get married, in my mind. If there's no intention of having gets, skip the marriage part and just live together/enjoy each others company. Why go through all those legal entanglements if it's not absolutely necessary?

Old 09-16-2013, 09:34 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
What's the likely of finding a man that would want a childfree marriage?

Though I don't have to worry about my ''biological clock'' that will never tick and can take my time, I still want to get proposed one day. Just being a forever gf is like saying ''I like you and we can hang out, but I just don't want to be with you forever''.

The problem is that either some men don't want marriage nor kids or if they are marriage-minded, it has to include kids. I just want marriage but just no kids (I'm 25 now but have been feeling like that about no kids since age 13/14).

Given the number of child-free married couples I know, I'd say you have nothing to worry about--unless you're in a big rush to get married.

My advice, however, is to take "I don't want kids" from a man with a grain of skepticism unless he's at least pushing 40 or is willing to show you the bill for his vasectomy. My ex said he didn't want kids, we married when he was 27, and by 30 he had changed his mind. If a man definitely knows he never wants kids, he should take charge of his own reproductive health and get snipped.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:44 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
If a man wants a child free marriage he should opt for same sex marriage...I am sure another man will service him just as well as a female....I just thought I would get a liberal progressive dig in there............In all seriousness..........why get married if you do not want kids?

Old 09-16-2013, 09:50 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I know 4 couples who married and never had kids.

It's definitely an option for you.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:02 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJohn View Post
I would say most men want a childfree marriage.
Not to offend those that are "most men"...but if you have not figured out what sex is originally for you might not be much of a male. Why go through the religious and governmental controls that are marriage if you are not going to breed? Also...imagine how simple divorce would be if you were not married? "Sorry dear...this is not working out...good bye"...........end of episode one.....on to the next...but then again if you are a young man what woman who is young wants a guy who will not commit to having a family?

I knew one couple...my wives aunt got married. She had her self sterilized just before the wedding...and the groom was not allowed to kiss her on the lips because she did not like the idea of germs....couples who do not want kids just seem a little creepy to me....I can see it if you are old...wanting companionship ...but when you are young...it is your duty to reproduce...There is not one person with children that I have met who has said - They never wanted kids...

Usually if someone does not want kids it is because they had a miserable childhood...or there are those who say "I don't want to bring a new life into this horrible world" _ You can't give up hope and not have kids.......life goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships