Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,087,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Just because she didn't want to talk about ONLY football ALL the time doesn't mean she doesn't like it or isn't a fan. Diversify your interests.
Then why did she remove football from her profile?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,200,844 times
All kidding aside though - it's a pretty silly thing to lie about. At least lie about something you know a little bit about! I would never say I'm interested in cars because all I can tell you about cars is what color they are... And my dad was a car fanatic. He would be so disappointed!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,280,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
A few weeks ago i responded to a woman online because she stated she likes FOOTBALL and even said that she had a favorite team. So once we talked on the phone I wanted to talk a little about football since she stated in her PROFILE that she was a fan. So all of a sudden when I was talking about football she just changes the subject and said........"So what else do you like besides football?"

It was kind of weird that she wanted to stop talking about something she claimed she liked so much in her profile. So it was revealed last night by another woman I met that the reason she changed the subject like that was because she really didn't know anything about football and became bored and uninterested in the conversation. And then I go back to her profile today to see that she took the comments about football out of her profile due to the fact she had not planned on a guy talking to her about it

So the girl last night said that most woman put things in their profile to sound like they are into all the things that men like which means that a lot of them are FAKE.

I told everyone on here last week something was odd about the way she wanted to change the topic when we were discussing football. So she was basically EXPOSED as a FRAUD. I need to be on the lookout for that for now on when on the sites.

Oh for God's sake, calm down.

She probably likes football just fine, like me, but only when her team is winning.

She probably wanted to get to know you aside from talking about football.

She did.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
All kidding aside though - it's a pretty silly thing to lie about. At least lie about something you know a little bit about! I would never say I'm interested in cars because all I can tell you about cars is what color they are... And my dad was a car fanatic. He would be so disappointed!
Yeah I don't put in my profile that I;m a football fanatic but if I see a pretty female list it in her profile I will respond and bring up the football topic if it's September to December

Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,647,163 times
Quote:
Then why did she remove football from her profile?
Maybe because she realized she'd probably be quizzed about football by some guy who knows more about it than she does, despite her enjoying the sport without the fanaticism, and making her feel uneasy about broadcasting that she likes it. But you just had to see the worst about a person, didntcha'.

I mean does everyone know everything and always want to talk about nothing but politics or philosophy or religion simply because they post it on a dating site profile as being among their interests? Let's be realistic here. I'm pretty sure people don't join dating sites just to talk about religion. Or football. They're there to get to know someone on multidimensional levels and have a real relationship, or a **** night, not just be a buddy.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Oh for God's sake, calm down.

She probably likes football just fine, like me, but only when her team is winning.

She probably wanted to get to know you aside from talking about football.

She did.

I should be able to talk about anything that is in a female's profile and if I can't then that means she is probably fraudulent.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,681,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Maybe because she realized she'd probably be quizzed about football by some guy who knows more about it than she does, despite her enjoying the sport without the fanaticism, and making her feel uneasy about broadcasting that she likes it.
Too funny. I'm imagining her getting interrogated with football questions. lol!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,456,424 times
hmm...maybe where this is where I went wrong with the whole online thing. I didn't lie in my profile.

Quote:
That's not the real start of the NFL season, the official start is on Sunday. Kind of like when you are about to eat a powerful meal and you have the appetizer first and then the main meal. So last night's game was the appetizer
I got fantasy points for Eli for last night's game. That seems pretty official to me.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:11 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,837,936 times
FRAUD means to gain something of value through deception..You see it all the time within social media..For instance I know this brilliant young latin drummer....He started to date this young woman he met on line...She is a Russian immigrant..All of her pictures are taken in an around fancy locations...Everyone is dressed in evening gowns as if they were influential and rich...When I had a closer look all I could see was cheese..and she had the stubby fingers of some poor bred peasant girl....I know Russians well having grown up in a sophisticated Russian house hold....old school aristocrats were my dad's circle of friends...I use this example of how people misrepresent themselves on line....I could tell that this young woman was common and was pretending to be something she was not.....It would have been more honest if she posted pictures of herself in a straw hat digging potatoes.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,020,757 times
Quote:
That's not the real start of the NFL season, the official start is on Sunday. Kind of like when you are about to eat a powerful meal and you have the appetizer first and then the main meal. So last night's game was the appetizer
wait, what? no, the season officially started yesterday, as the Cowboys beat the Giants to go 1-0 for the SEASON!

The rest of the teams play Sunday, while the Bengals and the Ravens play on MNF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.