Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,000,788 times

Advertisements

She was under the impression that I wanted to be around my friends while watching the game but that's not the case at all.

Why can't women accept that it's other things in life that a man may find just as fun as being around a woman??? Whyis it all about her? She was saying I sound-"CRAZY" until another guy came tomy defense and said-"

What's wrong with being alone on Football weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 10:09 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
She was under the impression that I wanted to be around my friends while watching the game but that's not the case at all.

Why can't women accept that it's other things in life that a man may find just as fun as being around a woman??? Whyis it all about her? She was saying I sound-"CRAZY" until another guy came tomy defense and said-"

Maybe you should have been honest and told her that you don't have any friends to watch football with. And what does it matter anyway? Why do you need to share this banal information? Why don't you just go and watch football?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,800 times
Quote:

Why can't women accept that it's other things in life that a man may find just as fun as being around a woman??? Why is it all about her? She was saying I sound-"CRAZY" until another guy came to my defense and said-"

I suppose that these are the same women who are "shocked" when they find that the most desirable men won't lift a finger around the house or elsewhere, when there is a woman around to do the work for them.

TV really has created a lot of illusions.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:14 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times
Men who watch football alone usually do so in their underwear, scratching themselves, and passing great gusts of wind.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,232,381 times
what if the women actually LIKE football and want to watch it too?

are they banished to the kitchen anyway?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:28 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Men who watch football alone usually do so in their underwear, scratching themselves, and passing great gusts of wind.
ROTFLMAO!! Tried to rep you on that one Woofers!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Sounds like a productive Sunday

Old 08-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
what if the women actually LIKE football and want to watch it too?

are they banished to the kitchen anyway?
Very Good Question, I'm not sure how to answer it because I normally don't come across women who huge football fans like me.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:07 AM

10,210 posts, read 17,864,610 times
Quote:

You really do find any possible way to nitpick about women, don't you?

To be honest, I'm not sure if the topic is about men prefering to watch football entirely alone versus with their friends or if it's about men not wanting their woman around while watching football.

I do think it's a little strange for a guy to PREFER to watch football on his own because sports are such social events and excitements run higher when you've got other people to share with fun with. Of course there are times when my husband watches football (known as soccer to us Americans) on his own but I know he'd rather watch it with his dad and/or brother and/or friends - sometimes they're just not able to get together. But I'm not involved in either situation and I'm perfectly fine with that because I'm not that interested in it. If I were interested, my husband would be fine with me being there. And if he is watching the game on his own, he has no problem with me being there in the background, not watching it.

If this is what the woman in question was saying, I'm not sure how you've gotten "Why can't women accept that it's other things in life that a man may find just as fun as being around a woman??? Whyis it all about her?" out of that. She wasn't saying it has anything to do with her - just that it's odd for a guy to prefer to watch football entirely on his own.

If I'm wrong and she was making it about her, well, you've worded it poorly because it sounds like you're putting two seperate issues forward.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,292 times
Quote:
You're too funny - lol!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships