Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:36 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,742,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I think he means because a lot of people seemed to start liking Dallas and Penn State in the 1990s when they were basically unbeatable.

He said those people are called 'Frontrunners,' and that's not what that means.

So? Are they unbeatable now? The last time I checked Penn State was in the toilet and The Cowboys have not made the playoffs in ages. BY TVSPG's definition I should be a Giants and Crimson Tides fan. But I'm not. LOL.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:38 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,105,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Why what? It's a sports program. Fans don't pick the places where teams decide to play. So what are people supposed to do that have no 'official' team in their state/city?

Do you know why they're called 'the fighting irish' in the first place? They have a connection to that particular heritage. So it would make sense if Irish people were their fans that doesn't mean every Irish person is though.

Why is notre dame called the fighting Irish
Well see that makes sense, and that's why I'm asking. This sort of thing is interesting to me because it's not something I can relate to, so I need to ask these questions.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Well see that makes sense, and that's why I'm asking. This sort of thing is interesting to me because it's not something I can relate to, so I need to ask these questions.

prince frog is right though, some people pick their teams based on uniform colors or like he said there's a 'leprechaun' in the logo, LOL. I honestly don't have a problem with the reasons why they pick the team so long as it's not a bandwagon thing....if you do not like sports you're not obligated to watch them. IMO, the 'superfans' ruin it for the casual watchers anyways.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:44 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,069,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Let me put it this way, sex win or lose always puts a smile on my face and I Forget who won and lost since I just won.

Until the news. Then I'm reminded.

Well I'm not in the mood for sex after a loss

Old 09-06-2012, 09:46 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,105,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
prince frog is right though, some people pick their teams based on uniform colors or like he said there's a 'leprechaun' in the logo, LOL. I honestly don't have a problem with the reasons why they pick the team so long as it's not a bandwagon thing....if you do not like sports you're not obligated to watch them. IMO, the 'superfans' ruin it for the casual watchers anyways.
Kind of going back to the OP though, I do feel like some women only watch sports because of their husbands or boyfriends. Yet these are the girls that seem to post on Facebook the most about how bad they want their team to win. Not saying that all of them do that, but I can tell the ones who do. I have a feeling that's what this girl that TVSG talked to was all about.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,014,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well I'm not in the mood for sex after a loss
I..I don't have a response to this.

Even when I was hardcore into my team, kind of like yourself, when my GF was stripping down into her birthday suit and giving me those seductive glances, that turned my frown upside down and I forget sports exists for a while.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Kind of going back to the OP though, I do feel like some women only watch sports because of their husbands or boyfriends. Yet these are the girls that seem to post on Facebook the most about how bad they want their team to win. Not saying that all of them do that, but I can tell the ones who do. I have a feeling that's what this girl that TVSG talked to was all about.
I agree with you there's a lot of women that DO say things like that to appease some boyfriend or whatever. The girl he's talking about does sound like that type, but I do see why some of them do it. They say it to get attention from guys but they really shouldn't do that with anything. If the guy doesn't like their real hobbies, who cares?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,455,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

I'm like your husband! I hate the cowboys! I was hoping the Giants would win because I like watching play there base 4-3 defense, but they've altered it this year. No more 3 safety coverages protecting deep passing plays. I still love watching there defensive line dance and twist around.
Me too! The first thing I do after I sign up for Fantasy FB is exclude all the Cowboys from my draft. So I was hoping the Giants would win because they aren't the Cowboys, they were my dad's team and I have Eli this year.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:00 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,701,063 times
I loved seeing the Giants lose. Those filthy cnuts always get a lucky break.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Me too! The first thing I do after I sign up for Fantasy FB is exclude all the Cowboys from my draft. So I was hoping the Giants would win because they aren't the Cowboys, they were my dad's team and I have Eli this year.

here's a cookie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships