Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaq View Post
I mean more than hanging out with people in a group setting. But if she were open to "benefits", of course that would be ok too

Ah come on, without the benefits the rest would have been mute. Come on tell, it's just you and me here. I won't say anything promise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 11:01 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
It's been about 2 months since I found out my marriage was over. I'm not interested in any kind of relationship but it would be nice to meet someone to hang out with; Maybe go see a movie or have dinner. I'm a 5'3" 38 YO male, but in pretty good shape , who has been married for the last 19 years. I really have no idea how to navigate this dating thing.
Dude, your marriage just ended 5 minutes ago - take time to catch your breath!

The last thing you need to be thinking about is dating

You need to deal with the issues that caused your marriage to fail and spend some time working on that before you even think about getting out with new people.

Rely on your family and friends for company and support right now.

Do the work you need to do to grieve and work on your issues and you'll be in much better shape for dating LATER.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:09 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Good advice. I do agree about not getting involved, but i am 100% for non-involved physical intimacy. Many of us who have been divorced were fortunate to escape from relationships that lacked both emotional and physical intimacy and we experienced a certain amount of emasculation at the hands of our former partners, as a result.

Having and enjoying casual sex is just another way of regaining self-confidence in an area that badly needs it. The more you have, the more quickly the effect wears off and you begin to wonder, isn't there more to life than this?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
So, What are my options?

The possibilities my fine feathered friend, are endless.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:54 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Dude, your marriage just ended 5 minutes ago - take time to catch your breath!

The last thing you need to be thinking about is dating

You need to deal with the issues that caused your marriage to fail and spend some time working on that before you even think about getting out with new people.

Rely on your family and friends for company and support right now.

Do the work you need to do to grieve and work on your issues and you'll be in much better shape for dating LATER.
I have a question......

What if you're going through a divorce etc, and don't have family or friends to "rely on" during it.......?

What are you suppose to do then..?

Old 09-05-2012, 05:08 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
I have a question......

What if you're going through a divorce etc, and don't have family or friends to "rely on" during it.......?

What are you suppose to do then..?
Don't try to hijack someone elses thread, you've got enough of your own going on and none of it makes sense anyway.

If you have no friends to rely on, it's probably because you are a disliked and unpleasant person.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:18 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Don't try to hijack someone elses thread, you've got enough of your own going on and none of it makes sense anyway.

If you have no friends to rely on, it's probably because you are a disliked and unpleasant person.
It's not a 'highjack' - just after clarification.

Yeah, I guess your suggestions possibly could be true, but I didn't ask a "why" question. Anyway, I suspect it's more the moving away from family and friends in my case..."home" is depressing to me, and so is up here now..

Anyway - you're the one highjacking.

I'm starting to suspect you have an internet crush on me, but the only way to disprove it is if you stop responding to everything I post...so..

Old 09-05-2012, 05:21 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
Quote:
I mean more than hanging out with people in a group setting. But if she were open to "benefits", of course that would be ok too
Hit up your local bar at happy hour or ask some coworkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships