Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 03:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,040,901 times

Advertisements

Oh my goodness Oh my goodness.

The only victory I took today was I did not fall asleep after eating all the toikey..

And then my parents asked me if I wanted to take some leftovers home.

I should have said no, but when they stuck an aluminum tray full of everything, and shooed me out the door...

So much food, I won't be able to eat all of it before it goes bad..

Old 11-22-2012, 03:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,113,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
So my brother can't make it to mom's until 8pm. Instead of just making him a plate like a normal person, mom insists that ALL of us not eat until 8.
I'm with you..I say make him a plate! 8pm is late to be eating Thanksgiving dinner! He can heat his plate and have dinner while you all are enjoying dessert, this way he doesn't eat alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Oh my goodness Oh my goodness.

The only victory I took today was I did not fall asleep after eating all the toikey..

And then my parents asked me if I wanted to take some leftovers home.

I should have said no, but when they stuck an aluminum tray full of everything, and shooed me out the door...

So much food, I won't be able to eat all of it before it goes bad..
That's what freezers are for

We haven't had dessert yet. I'm not sure I want dessert but I skipped the cream puffs and made a pumpkin gingerbread layer cake with cranberry-orange cream cheese frosting. I'm thinking I need to at least try it...right? lol

Old 11-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm with you..I say make him a plate! 8pm is late to be eating Thanksgiving dinner! He can heat his plate and have dinner while you all are enjoying dessert, this way he doesn't eat alone.

That's what freezers are for

We haven't had dessert yet. I'm not sure I want dessert but I skipped the cream puffs and made a pumpkin gingerbread layer cake with cranberry-orange cream cheese frosting. I'm thinking I need to at least try it...right? lol
Our deep freeze is broke. It was broke since before we moved into this house.

The fridgefreezer is pretty full of all kinds of things. Namely alcohol that isn't even ours. lol

Old 11-22-2012, 03:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,113,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Our deep freeze is broke. It was broke since before we moved into this house.

The fridgefreezer is pretty full of all kinds of things. Namely alcohol that isn't even ours. lol
Put the food in ziplocks...there's got to be some nooks and crannies you can cram it into, no? Either that or eat like there is no tomorrow for the next few days!

Old 11-22-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Put the food in ziplocks...there's got to be some nooks and crannies you can cram it into, no? Either that or eat like there is no tomorrow for the next few days!
I did something similar to eating like there's no tomorrow today, and I can't do that very often lol.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:51 PM

8,758 posts, read 9,491,648 times
The green bean casserole was delicio wait I mean disgusting, but the natives loved it. Had a very nice time, mostly engaged in conversation by a 15 y/o boy. Watched this funny Anine series which is featured on Netflix. There's this one particular character kept making me think of this place. It was a kid that had an anger management problem, was hysterically funny, I was practically on the floor laughing each and every time that character went off the deep end. I didn't overeat, this was a first time cooking for the holiday event for most of those that provided the meal. I've cooked entire meals for holidays, but, it was my first time making that green bean ick casserole..

Fun, fun, fun.

Glad I went, met some nice people.

Last edited by TRosa; 11-22-2012 at 06:09 PM..

Old 11-22-2012, 08:48 PM

37,742 posts, read 46,222,068 times
Quote:
But I need to be able to get in touch with my husband and kids, since most days we are all just passing eachother coming and going. I have an unlimited data plan ($30 a month) and my husbands is covered by work. The kids won't have data access until they can pay for it themselves. I like that it's small enough to toss in my purse or pocket too and it also serves as my camera.
$30...is that the total bill for the phone? That would be a better deal what I have. I do prepaid, and I get a small amount of data (which is impossible for me to use up with my phone), 3000 texts and 1200 minutes...for $30. I got tired of the ridiculous phone bills, so I did some research and decided to try the prepaid. Very pleased so far....been using it about a year now, and I don't miss a thing.

Quote:
So I've heard. I don't really use it enough to notice. I get on the internet and use microsoft word, excel and powerpoint. That's about it.
We have a couple of PCs at work that still have VISTA (one is mine ) and I run many, many apps, simultaneously, and it is just awful. I got caught midstream with VISTA when they decided to stop the migration and wait for W7, because VISTA was causing so many problems. We have 25000 pc's to maintain and upgrade, so we don't go on anything until they are confident that it works. Not sure who had the bright idea to move to VISTA, but W7 will be on my next pc. which is due in a couple of weeks. YAY!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,600,872 times
I just cannot fathom what goes through people's mind to cause them to camp out at retail stores just so they can buy something. Maybe its because I imagine board rooms across corporate America filled with Sr. leadership watching multiple televisions and laughing their asses off at the way people act over stuff. I can see them pushing the sales dates even earlier just to see how many will skip out on Thanksgiving just to grab a sale.
If you need a thrill go ***** slap a grizzly or get a bobcat in a phone booth and try to sandpaper it's butt.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,978,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I just cannot fathom what goes through people's mind to cause them to camp out at retail stores just so they can buy something. Maybe its because I imagine board rooms across corporate America filled with Sr. leadership watching multiple televisions and laughing their asses off at the way people act over stuff. I can see them pushing the sales dates even earlier just to see how many will skip out on Thanksgiving just to grab a sale.
If you need a thrill go ***** slap a grizzly or get a bobcat in a phone booth and try to sandpaper it's butt.
I agree it is pretty stupid. And I heard things were cheaper months ago. Now they just jack up the prices and discount it a little. What a crock.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,600,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I agree it is pretty stupid. And I heard things were cheaper months ago. Now they just jack up the prices and discount it a little. What a crock.
I really don't need or want anything THAT bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships