Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
$30...is that the total bill for the phone? That would be a better deal what I have. I do prepaid, and I get a small amount of data (which is impossible for me to use up with my phone), 3000 texts and 1200 minutes...for $30. I got tired of the ridiculous phone bills, so I did some research and decided to try the prepaid. Very pleased so far....been using it about a year now, and I don't miss a thing.

We have a couple of PCs at work that still have VISTA (one is mine ) and I run many, many apps, simultaneously, and it is just awful. I got caught midstream with VISTA when they decided to stop the migration and wait for W7, because VISTA was causing so many problems. We have 25000 pc's to maintain and upgrade, so we don't go on anything until they are confident that it works. Not sure who had the bright idea to move to VISTA, but W7 will be on my next pc. which is due in a couple of weeks. YAY!
About 6 months ago my HP Notebook (with Vista) quit working (wouldn't reboot). I tried everything i could think of to get it working......No Go.

So i went out and bought an HP Notebook with Win 7.
About a month later my Notebook with Vista started working again. Still works to this day...

Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 AM

52,293 posts, read 52,734,263 times
In the 90's Nirvana hit..... Kurt Cobain was the wonder....

But he really wasn't.

Dave Grohl came out of that band and I've been following that guy for a while and some of his **** is is the most powerful stuff I've evef known.

He is one of the most down to earth nicest guys you'd ever wanna meet... I watch his vids with foo fighters and this man actually move me.... his stuff is so powerful it just blows my mind....

I actually like him and wish him and family well.... he has been a big advocate for women rights and he is a class act....

Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I'm just blown away at the craziness of it all. Who are these peoplel. Same thing at Target, Best Buy and other stores on the news. On the news this morning at one store a guy in line said if anyone pushes him, he was going to stab them and he seem sincerely crazy enough to do so.

Happy holidays you all.

Oh my GOODNESS! What is wrong with people???? Honestly, I don't care how little money you have. There is no excuse for that AND...AND...AND....this is NOT what the holidays are about!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,605 times
Thanksgiving went like this..... Morning at the dentist following a day of zip lining. Yes there is a correlation. The dentist is a woman and as we chat learns that this is a big holiday in the states and insists I come over for dinner with her family. So that was where I spent my thanksgiving. We had tortillas, beans and rice, something that resembled Pico de Gallo but was cooked with an unidentified meat in it and a vegetable that I have never seen that tastes much like a yellow squash.

Only the doctor speaks any English and she translated as the kids asked many questions about America. I don't believe I was fully able to get across to them the meaning of black Friday and eventually with much back and forth among themselves over what I had said they seemed to give up. They simply could not make sense of it. No surprise there, I can't make sense of it.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Thanksgiving went like this..... Morning at the dentist following a day of zip lining. Yes there is a correlation. The dentist is a woman and as we chat learns that this is a big holiday in the states and insists I come over for dinner with her family. So that was where I spent my thanksgiving. We had tortillas, beans and rice, something that resembled Pico de Gallo but was cooked with an unidentified meat in it and a vegetable that I have never seen that tastes much like a yellow squash.

Only the doctor speaks any English and she translated as the kids asked many questions about America. I don't believe I was fully able to get across to them the meaning of black Friday and eventually with much back and forth among themselves over what I had said they seemed to give up. They simply could not make sense of it. No surprise there, I can't make sense of it.
Most of us can't make sense of it. Frankly it reflects on what is screwed up about America.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Most of us can't make sense of it. Frankly it reflects on what is screwed up about America.
I'd never heard of Black Friday until I saw it on here so I went and looked it up and had a look at some news stories...... from the outside it seems a little........ extreme?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:42 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,134,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I'd never heard of Black Friday until I saw it on here so I went and looked it up and had a look at some news stories...... from the outside it seems a little........ extreme?
It is more than a little extreme.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:44 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Very obnoxious. Now, we went downtown hit our favorite coffee shop, a browse through our favorite bookstore, and used book store, which we found couple of good books. I like the downtown locally owned shops.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:45 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,469,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
It is more than a little extreme.
I'll say! Must not have seen the video I posted earlier. There are dozens of other Black Friday videos from this year and years past on youtube alone.

But, it's not everyone that gets caught up in that nonsense, just sad that so many people do and they've procreated and teaching the hunt to the next generation.

And people wonder why they never see aliens, because the land and get a glimps of the natives and say to themeselves WTH, Lets high tail it out of the goober planet before the funk hits the our fan. I haven't any idea of what I just said, sometimes I just like to crack myself up.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM

52,293 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Any good sleuth will tell you....

There is always something else beneath the surface....

This logic applies to all things in life.... Relationships..... work, marriage...

Yeah... I know... It's hard...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.