Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 09:57 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,056,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I really don't need or want anything THAT bad.
Hell to the no. I don't want to get ran over so some mom can get a $10 toy dinosaur.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:12 AM

52,426 posts, read 52,974,416 times
Nice tune... LOL... I've posted it a million times... I just like the flow of this little number..

Toby Keith - Red Solo Cup (Unedited Version) - YouTube

Old 11-23-2012, 06:18 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,127,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
$30...is that the total bill for the phone? That would be a better deal what I have. I do prepaid, and I get a small amount of data (which is impossible for me to use up with my phone), 3000 texts and 1200 minutes...for $30. I got tired of the ridiculous phone bills, so I did some research and decided to try the prepaid. Very pleased so far....been using it about a year now, and I don't miss a thing.
No, not the total bill. I pay $121 a month for myself and my two older boys. We have unlimited text (which we needed for them!) and 1000 minutes a month (which I needed) plus I have the ulimited data package. I priced out how much it would cost if I went to a pay as you go and I'd wind up paying more because of my data usage so this works better for me.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:41 AM

37,798 posts, read 46,309,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Nice tune... LOL... I've posted it a million times... I just like the flow of this little number..

Yeah that's been a fave of ours since we first saw the video. You know they just sort of threw it together as a joke...and the video took off and it became a hit.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I just cannot fathom what goes through people's mind to cause them to camp out at retail stores just so they can buy something.
Quote:
I really don't need or want anything THAT bad.
AGREE! I do most of my holiday shopping online. My kids are getting one big thing this year and then a few necessities. The rest of the family will have gifts purchased online and shipped to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Here's the follow-up to that song (and the guy in the "video" is a good laugh):

Luke Bryan-Time To Take My Drunk Ass Home ft That Drunk Dude In The Liquor Store - YouTube

Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,167,134 times
My phone.. crap camera, GREAT reception, sends/receives texts. I understand it fully! My bill? almost bugger all.

My wifes phone. Does everything you could ever need brilliantly (apparently). I can answer it, just. Her bill? Doesn't get discussed.

I'll keep mine.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
My phone.. crap camera, GREAT reception, sends/receives texts. I understand it fully! My bill? almost bugger all.

My wifes phone. Does everything you could ever need brilliantly (apparently). I can answer it, just. Her bill? Doesn't get discussed.

I'll keep mine.
LOL, I had yours for a long time. Then I started travelling a lot. Could never get a hold of my husband to have him google the nearest gas station or the reviews for a hotel while we were on the road. Where is the nearest place to eat that won't take me miles from the field. Where's the nearest public bathroom so I don't have to use the porta-potty that's been sitting in 100 degree heat for weeks....etc. Road is closed or the map I was using is out of date and the GPS can't find the location because it's new (and we are talking highways...not just secondary streets!). Checking my balance in my debit account before I used it was always helpful too

If I didn't travel so much with the kids, I would have kept my old flip phone. Flip it open to answer, flip it closed to hang up and no possible chance of purse-dialing someone. That was very convenient!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:56 AM

I'm procrastinating here. I should be studying and I am, somewhat. I need my computer but it's so easy to just click over to here...lol

I do my best work when I have ZERO time left and I have to cram...however I'm TRYING to change my ways! Not easy to teach an old dog new tricks!

Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,167,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL, I had yours for a long time. Then I started travelling a lot. Could never get a hold of my husband to have him google the nearest gas station or the reviews for a hotel while we were on the road. Where is the nearest place to eat that won't take me miles from the field. Where's the nearest public bathroom so I don't have to use the porta-potty that's been sitting in 100 degree heat for weeks....etc. Road is closed or the map I was using is out of date and the GPS can't find the location because it's new (and we are talking highways...not just secondary streets!). Checking my balance in my debit account before I used it was always helpful too

If I didn't travel so much with the kids, I would have kept my old flip phone. Flip it open to answer, flip it closed to hang up and no possible chance of purse-dialing someone. That was very convenient!
My wife does have an excuse for her phone as she needs to be contactable at all times due to her business. I however like to be contacted as little as possible.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 AM

8,759 posts, read 9,503,070 times
Quote:
I just cannot fathom what goes through people's mind to cause them to camp out at retail stores just so they can buy something. Maybe its because I imagine board rooms across corporate America filled with Sr. leadership watching multiple televisions and laughing their asses off at the way people act over stuff. I can see them pushing the sales dates even earlier just to see how many will skip out on Thanksgiving just to grab a sale.
If you need a thrill go ***** slap a grizzly or get a bobcat in a phone booth and try to sandpaper it's butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Hell to the no. I don't want to get ran over so some mom can get a $10 toy dinosaur.
I'm just blown away at the craziness of it all. Who are these peoplel. Same thing at Target, Best Buy and other stores on the news. On the news this morning at one store a guy in line said if anyone pushes him, he was going to stab them and he seem sincerely crazy enough to do so.

Happy holidays you all.

Black Friday 2012 Fights At Wal Mart Over Phones - YouTube

[
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships