Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM

326 posts, read 478,587 times

Advertisements

Oh, I just found out I need to be a member for 30 days and have 200 posts. I'm halfway there at least.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
So evil
Nice to meet you.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:05 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
So my roommate and I took his sisters' cats in for a few days, and on her way out I read the thread title about whether or not a guy would date a woman if she wasn't shaved down below...And I could tell she wasn't thinking and said "But I'm shaved down there..." And her BF was with her...

I got more information than what I needed to know there, it was an awkward moment, then a lot of laughing.

My roommate wasn't in the room and didn't hear it.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Quote:
Yeah my laptops are 9 pounds because they are desktop replacements. Not lightweight NetBooks. I would not buy an under powered PC because it would do me no good. But anyway I think the point with me that you are missing is that I only use my tablets for travel. I don't need the full functionality of a laptop when I am on a plane, or moving from point A to B. I'm not going to sit down on my tablet (or a laptop) and spend hours and hours building software. I have full powered desktop PCs with 3 monitors and SSD hard dives for that. The tablet is simply to help me stay productive while I am on the move. I simply prefer my tablets for that job. A lot of my colleagues agree with me, as I don't see anyone carrying laptops anymore on our trips.

Also should mention --- I didn't pay for my tablets. My company bought them for me!

But yeah I agree that all current devices are dead technology. We are sure churning out the software for them though. I personally know over 100 people that are building software for Windows 8 devices as we speak. I build Android apps myself when I get bored with my real work. I don't talk to many iOS developers as we don't do that kind of work and I am not particularly a fan of Apple products.
I didn't miss your position Bio, I stated my opinion on the matter and explained the facts that led me to it. I'm old enough to have realized that my opinion and being right don't go hand in hand. No one ever said anything about a netbook which to me has little use and may even force more compromises than a tablet. Nor did anyone say that a tablet isn't a suitable device for people who do not need something more functional for their intended use. If you can work within their limitations and the environment suits you then its all good. You say you like a tablet as a portable device better and you are not alone in this preference, I see a lot of people using them on airplanes and such. I get it. Still no matter how you add it up 2+2 will always be 4 and a tablet does not possess the capabilities of a laptop, this is fact. While everyone you may know is using them I don't know anyone who uses one except as a toy. I'm not against em Bio but if I"m going to pack a larger format device with me it has to offer me something more than a bigger screen than my phone or I'm not bringing it. A test a tablet cannot pass.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I didn't miss your position Bio, I stated my opinion on the matter and explained the facts that led me to it. I'm old enough to have realized that my opinion and being right don't go hand in hand. No one ever said anything about a netbook which to me has little use and may even force more compromises than a tablet. Nor did anyone say that a tablet isn't a suitable device for people who do not need something more functional for their intended use. If you can work within their limitations and the environment suits you then its all good. You say you like a tablet as a portable device better and you are not alone in this preference, I see a lot of people using them on airplanes and such. I get it. Still no matter how you add it up 2+2 will always be 4 and a tablet does not possess the capabilities of a laptop, this is fact. While everyone you may know is using them I don't know anyone who uses one except as a toy. I'm not against em Bio but if I"m going to pack a larger format device with me it has to offer me something more than a bigger screen than my phone or I'm not bringing it. A test a tablet cannot pass.
Oh no I totally understood what you were trying to say, Crab. I hope I didn't come off as trying to be argumentative as that wasn't my intention. Just a friendly conversation! Hopefully as tablets become powerful they might make you change your mind!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Flogging Molly makes me want to drink

Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM

So strange situation today --- I hang out at this bar all the time, but usually only on nights when this one particular bartender is working because I am friendly with her. So about a month ago I went in another night when I was bored and met this other bartender and talked to her all night. So today I get a call out of the blue from the first bartender (my friend) and she tells me I should come into the bar tonight because the second bartender I met is working tonight and she wants to see me

DANGER! This girl is smoking hot. I am going NO WHERE NEAR that bar .... probably EVER again.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
??? What gives Bio?? Sounds like you've got nothing to lose--a hot girl serving you drinks?? Come onnnnn now

Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
??? What gives Bio?? Sounds like you've got nothing to lose--a hot girl serving you drinks?? Come onnnnn now
Oh sorry Himain, you and I don't know each other very well so you probably don't know I have a girlfriend.

Should have mentioned that.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Oh sorry Himain, you and I don't know each other very well so you probably don't know I have a girlfriend.

Should have mentioned that.
Details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships