Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times

Advertisements

Especially would like to hear from those who are not considered super good looking...

Any of you here reasonably successful dating, finding long-term relationships, without going out of way to pursue and 'ask out' women in general?

I.e. it just happens mostly mutually, i.e. you both start chatting at a party and things go on from there. Or perhaps women have been the initiator?

How many here would say they are not 'chasers', but has just been open to the possibilities landed you any success?

Would such a man be seen as 'beta' by most females?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Especially would like to hear from those who are not considered super good looking...

Any of you here reasonably successful dating, finding long-term relationships, without going out of way to pursue and 'ask out' women in general?

I.e. it just happens mostly mutually, i.e. you both start chatting at a party and things go on from there. Or perhaps women have been the initiator?

How many here would say they are not 'chasers', but has just been open to the possibilities landed you any success?

While I do "chase" girls in clubs, I've also had many women that were the initiators on me (in fact, I don't even really need to go to clubs. I just prefer having more control over my dating life).

I am good looking, but not super good looking. Women always tell me that they find me easy to talk to. So that might be it.

Guys that rely on this are not necessarily beta. More are than not though, imo.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
As far as I can tell, it would be Ascension. As for the rest of us, I think we have our work cut out for us. LOL.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:

For me, I don't normally have to work very hard to attract women. I can usually approach just about anyone I see if I want to and start a conversation without feeling awkward. I can, probably 95% of the time get a phone number.

I can't say I do well in the relationship department though. I'm good at initiating conversation and getting a few dates in and stuff.. but long term? Nah.. not really looking for it and I also don't think I am very good at giving a good impression that I'd be a long term type of guy.

I wouldn't consider myself a beta at all.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times
I used to be that way in college, like I'd chat up a girl then end up fooling around without actively courting. I probably could still do that if I had lower standards, but I live in DC which mostly has ugly girls and I very rarely even SEE beautiful women much less have them hit on me.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:41 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
I have a friend like this. I don't know the deal, he never makes any effort. He is a bit on the "shy" side, and women come up to him. Well provided he isn't around a posse of women. Maybe that's what it is. He has lots of female friends for some reason. Many of them are exes.

We go out for drinks, and there are always women hovering. And every time I meet a new friends of his, it is a cute 20-something girl. He rarely approaches anyone. He is much too shy!

He looks a lot like Craig David circa Born to do it.
Moderator cut: celebrity photos are copyrighted

Full disclosure, I met him in college, 15 years ago, and I thought he was cute and started chatting with him. Immediately ruled him out as a potential boyfriend. Too quiet for me. :P We've been friends basically since then. He is my movie and sports events buddy. Ok actually, I like more "guy" movies than he does, I am basically game to see any action movie that comes out. He is more selective, and actually watches arty movies too. *shock*

Last edited by Keeper; 09-13-2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 AM

317 posts, read 528,302 times
he's gay

Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Here's the simple truth: more than half of the 7 billion people on this planet are women. You couldn't avoid meeting some of them no matter how hard you try. Relax.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 AM

317 posts, read 528,302 times
Quote:

are you an alpha male trimmy?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa71 View Post
are you an alpha male trimmy?
No, more like an Omega male .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships